Poll: How Many Escapists Who Are Excited for Skyrim Actually Played Oblivion?

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
I did, but only recently, I was hyped based on the goodwill Beth's earned from me for Fallout 3. I didn't care that much for Oblivion myself...

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
I did, but it was some years ago. I remember very little of the game.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I played Oblivion,but didn't had the chance of playing Morrowind because I didn't have a computer back then.

I wasn't too big of a fan of Oblivion,even though I enjoyed very much Dark Brotherhood faction and their respective quests.

I hope Skyrim will change that feeling of disatisfaction that Oblivion left me with after finishing it.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
I'm personally excited probably because I know I can never go back 'fresh' to Oblivion or Morrowind, that first time exploration experience, hopefully avoiding spoilers, is worth paying for.

Sep 14, 2009
bussinroundz said:
gmaverick019 said:
eh...you'd be surprised

my meathead football ex roommate even played oblivion (he liked the damn game too, he walked by one time doing a double take saying "OH SHIT IS THAT OBLIVION?!?") which i was surprised by, but hey it just goes to show that games can bring odd people together.
That's because Oblivion is a shitty mainstream action rpg.

nicee, real professional there, i'm sure if it had been a little less mainstreamed, it would've acquired your taste better.

RickyRich

Nov 8, 2011
I play Oblivion and love it, and I am psyched for the newest installment of the Elder Scrolls series. A lot of people who haven't played any Elder Scrolls games are getting excited over Skyrim just because of they pure beauty and action that the trailers show, and who can blame them, it looks fantastic. I welcome anyone who hasn't played Elder Scrolls before to try it out.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
My first Elder's Scroll was actually Morrowind. I tried getting into ES3 again but found it really difficult to get back into. Oblivion was more accessible to me though for whatever reason. I remember though, getting as far as to the red mountains in Morrowind but I don't think it was on a quest. As for Oblivion, I've beaten that one in multiple ways. I can't wait for Skyrim!

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
I thoroughly enjoyed playing Oblivion. To see that Skyrim has answers for all flaws that bothered me in Oblivion (lack of VA's, ugly faces, clumsy levelling system) makes me very excited to play it.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Well, I played Oblivion, and it's part of the reason I'm not excited about Skyrim. Yet. I'll give it a few months for the modders to make it from decent to amazing.

Mar 26, 2008
*Raises hand* My experiences in Oblivion are the reason I am getting Skyrim. I didn't get a chance to play Morrowind much but I'd like to play it again.

raklin

Mar 26, 2011
If I had only played Oblivion, and *not* morrowind, I'd have zero interest in Skyrim... But I played Morrowind, and I loved it almost as much as I loved Baldur's Gate :D