Poll: How many languages can you fluently speak?

TheGuiggleMonster

Feb 11, 2011
I can speak English and French. I am English but I used to live in France for 4 years and moved back to England a year ago. I know a lot of Japanese from all the anime I've watched and enough to have a conversation with, but I'm by no means fluent.

EDIT

This is just about speaking it, not reading or writing.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
English. Used to be able to speak German but the majority of my secondary school teaching has worn off, I can only remember a few words as they come now.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Fluently speak, probably only 1, but I voted 2 because I have near fluent understanding of German.
My Mom's Austrian so mmh; she never really taught me much German though so when I talk I sound like Yoda getting the word order wrong sometimes haha.

Also, with an understanding of German comes a good understanding of Dutch, too.

So yuh:]

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Two, Swedish and English, plus that I can understand another two more, Danish and Norwegian, and figure out sentences from Spanish, Italian, French, German and Dutch.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
I speak English and Norwegian (obviously) fluently.

I also understand Danish to some degree, Swedish and a bit of Spanish.

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
Fluently: Danish and English
less fluently: Swedish and Norwegian (these just takes some time to learn since they are rather similar to danish and I can usually understand them)
very bad: German (haven't spoken it for 15 years or so).

z3rostr1fe

Aug 14, 2009
Still ain't fluent with English, but can speak it quite okay. Although my English writing skills are much more developed... But my first language is really Filipino, so that makes it 1?

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
BoredPixel said:
English and Estonian, I used to understand German pretty well too, not any more though.
Dude, me too.

Though I can speak a wee bit of German (though my proficiency at it is dismal), and a wee bit (though even less) of Russian.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
dutch, english and french. french a bit less than the other too, but when i'm stranded in france, i'll manage.

used to also speak german and spanish, but i dropped german because i hate germany, and spanish because my spanish teacher was a retard