Poll: How many of you have been arrested?

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
The title is pretty much it. I just wondered how many people here have been arrested (edit - taken by police to the station/jail in cuffs)

If you have been, why?

I never have been, but my friends seem to be arrested strangely often.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I'm going to assume getting a fine counts, but if you mean ever put into a cell or even just taken into the station in cuffs, then no.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
FalloutJack said:
I'm going to assume getting a fine counts, but if you mean ever put into a cell or even just taken into the station in cuffs, then no.
I mean taken into the station. I've gotten fined as well.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
2012 Wont Happen said:
FalloutJack said:
I mean taken into the station. I've gotten fined as well.
Ah. Well then, no. I've never been hauled in.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Nope, never been taken in. Hell, I've only talked to a cop once in a some-what bad situation anyway.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Put it this way, the only times I ever communicated with a cop was with my childhood friend, who has been copper for seven years, lives across the road from me, I used to have a crush on his sister and his old man's a copper. Dangerous territory, romantically speaking, I know, and the only time I've been cuffed by a cop, I'll clarify, was when he clapped four pairs on me for shits 'n giggles so he could time how quickly I could do a Houdini act.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I have never been arrested because I'm a good boy. Though when I worked in bars I would get stopped and breathalysed all the time on my way home, but I don't drink and drive so they never had a reason to arrest me.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Nope, never happened me either, whether that's because I'm a good little boy or just good at not getting caught... you decide :-D

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Well, I know someone who does get arrested often and has a tendency to use other people's names when he gets arrested, so I might have something on my record on account of his dishonesty, but I'm pretty sure that I don't. Anyways, I've never been arrested. The only time I got in trouble was when I was at-fault for an accident, but the person never followed up on it and my insurance actually went down after it (however that happened).

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Never been arrested, pulled over, warned etc. I'm too much of a goody-two-shoes for any of that stuff. I can say with confidence I haven't done anything to warrant being arrested either.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I've never been arrested cause those coppas can't get me! I just sit in my mansion with a mountain of nose candy and when the cops come, I just break out my lil friend! Come on coppas! You mess with me you mess with the best!!!!

After a lengthy shootout, I of course win and the coppas realize that they should never fuck with Tippy Montana!

Now if a cop ain't on my payroll, he's not alive for very long...

[small]Ha! Silly internet, I can be whoever I want to be! No one has to know that I've never even received a ticket, let alone been arrested due to how boring I am. But the internet will never know as long as I don't do that thing where I accidentally tell the truth underneath my post...mu ha ha ha haaaaa![/small]

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Who, me? Certainly not, I'm far too mild-mannered! I did wonder into a police station once when I was bored, though. They wouldn't give me a tour; they just fobbed me off with some bollocks excuse about having "better things to do with their time".

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I've never been arrested or in trouble with the law. Kind of boring I guess, but I don't like to make trouble. I'd just rather not be arrested, but I know someone who has; not his best moment. Well, he was pretty drunk, and being very drunk and getting arrested is rarely someones best moment.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I came close, once. And weirdly, I didn't really do anything wrong.

But then, the cop was being a dick. Well, one of them was.

My headlights did this weird failure thing twice while I was driving home from a party. One of them happened to be in the vicinity of a cop, which he took to be me flashing my lights and signalling other drivers that there were cops patrolling. I hadn't seen another car for ten miles. Anyway, when your lights go out, what do you do? I pulled over and got out of the car to see what was happening. Only after I was out did a vehicle pull up behind me with police lights on and I was yelled at to get back in the car. So I did. And I followed everything else the cop told me to do.

In his version of the story, though, he pulled me over after I flashed him (so he was both ahead of and behind me) and my lights didn't fail, I flashed my high beams at him.

Now, I was on a dark stretch of road at 2 AM, and he told me I had to move my vehicle, and even threatened to take me in if I refused to comply. I told him I wasn't going anywhere without help or a tow truck, and if he wanted to arrest me for being scared for my safety, he could do it. That was dumb, but in the last half hour, he had accused me of being drunk, on crack, and obstructing justice. He'd also continued to shine lights in my eyes after I told him I suffered migraines. I wasn't in the best mood.

I called several friends, including the people I'd just been partying with. I finally got my mom to come by so I could follow her home. I really didn't have the cash to blow on repairs OR a tow truck, so I was trying to make sure I only had to pay for one. My lights, it seem, only failed with the car in motion. My mechanic verified the problem the next day.

My mom then complained the next day. I have a feeling if I had driven through that town again in the next two years (before I swapped cars), I'd have been busted for doing a fraction of a mile over the speed limit.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Nope, only in practice situations and games but never because I've done something illegal.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Sleekit said:
i've been "lifted" many times.
but i've never been "done".

on one hand this is because where i grew up it just came with the territory...and on the other, as my Gran oft remarked, i can thankfully also "talk the hind legs off a donkey"...
Same here.
I live in NYC...so yes I've been arrested but I was cleared.
Now a days you can just be walking down the street downtown and get randomly thrown up against the wall by cops and searched; that hasn't happened to me but it's happened to friends of mine and my dad too.

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't that one of the reasons we kicked the British out of here over 200 years ago?

moggett88

May 2, 2013
I haven't been arrested, but our local constable came out to give me a warning once.

Turns out a kid I pegged with a snowball during a snowball fight went home and cried to his mother. She called the police, and they felt it was serious enough to talk to me about it...mean streets of Oxfordshire, I guess.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Never been cuffed or taken to the police station, but I've been taken by the police a fair number of times. Assume I never got arrested because I was under age at the time.
Mostly involved alcohol and theft.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I was cuffed, but it was a misunderstanding, as one of my family members suffered a mental breakdown and thought I murdered my wife. Even though I was 20 and never married. But the cops had to search the house, and one decided he would be a hero and clear it with a shotty. As he walked out finding nothing, the arresting officer asked if that was my gun. I nearly broke out of the cuffs from the force of the facepalm.