Poll: How many symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder do you have?

Rick1940

Jan 11, 2010
*Callous unconcern for the feelings of others and lack of the capacity for empathy.

*Gross and persistent attitude of irresponsibility and disregard for social norms, rules, and obligations.

*Incapacity to maintain enduring relationships.

*Very low tolerance to frustration and a low threshold for discharge of aggression, including violence.

*Incapacity to experience guilt and to profit from experience, particularly punishment.

*Markedly prone to blame others or to offer plausible rationalizations for the behavior bringing the subject into conflict.

*Persistent irritability.

Jul 22, 2009
3 of them.

I rationalize everything I do. Even if it's against one rule or another.

Also I can be very very irritable...

nelsonr100

Apr 15, 2009
Why is there no option for 0? I'm fairly sure people exist with none of these issues

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
dfphetteplace said:
Are those really antisocial symptoms, or just being an asshole?
I'm leaning towards the asshole explanation, myself. And I mean that literally... I think I'm probably more of an asshole than a anti-something personality dis-whatever.

When people stop coming up with more labels to differentiate themselves from the other equally irritating assholes, and just admit that we're ALL different variations of jerk, we can start working on the social remedies, rather than the medical ones.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
dfphetteplace said:
Don't think there's a difference.

Hm, suppose I'm three times an asshole then.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
2 for me

I rationalize and I don't last long in relationships... Mostly because the girl decides to cheat on me within a week. I don't understand certain people nowadays

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
All except 'Incapacity to maintain enduring relationships' and 'Very low tolerance to frustration and a low threshold for discharge of aggression, including violence'.

Although I wouldn't call myself antisocial or whatnot, seems just like a pointless diagnosis. Besides, I'm not antisocial, really.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
nelsonr100 said:
Why is there no option for 0? I'm fairly sure people exist with none of these issues
Yup, me.

Yay, I definitely don't have Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
6 of them but I'm just more a happy-go-lucky irresponsible jerk with poor self control really.

Why is our society so quick to fob off responsibility all the time, "oh its not your fault you have a disorder", what a load of bull.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Aerodyamic said:
dfphetteplace said:
I'm leaning towards the asshole explanation, myself. And I mean that literally... I think I'm probably more of an asshole than a anti-something personality dis-whatever.

When people stop coming up with more labels to differentiate themselves from the other equally irritating assholes, and just admit that we're ALL different variations of jerk, we can start working on the social remedies, rather than the medical ones.
I really I want to agree with this post. I mean. I would label "apathy" as anti social, when you simply don't care enough to be social, but this diagnosis has an odd "Callous" term tossed in. You can be apathethic without being callous

Hell, some people simply can't summon the urge to care

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
dfphetteplace said:
I was thinking that "antisocial personality disorder" pretty much equals "being an asshole". Also, i predict many people going "ooh, all seven! Look at me, i'm so edgy!"

OT: only two... but lack of empathy is definitely not one of them. I do care about others - not to the levels of Jesus, of course, but i do.

the Dept of Science

Nov 9, 2009
I put 1 but really more like 2 halves. ie. I tend to try and blame others/offer a rational explanation rather than just accept the blame myself, but I'm not sure if that is in a way significantly more than usual.

Its kindof depressing how there is no 0 option.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
2 of them, though thought it would be higher. some of the things i would have assiciated with being antisocial aren't there