Poll: How much do you worry?

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Simple enough question. Do you give zero fucks, or more fucks than a prostitute at a meeting of extremely rich virgins? And what do you do to stop this worry overtaking you?

Me, I'm almost constantly worried about something. Maybe, just maybe, I can get one day of things being alright between one thing being sorted and another threat looming on the horizon. It just always seemed to me that there's a hundred people waiting to hurt you, and a thousand things waiting to just randomly go wrong. If it isn't uni, it's trying to get work. If it isn't trying to get work, it's being afraid of what the government is going to do next. Is it isn't that, it's wondering why people are friends with me, and why they wouldn't stab me in the back.

And no matter how much I try to stop worrying, to say that it's irrational, there always seems to be evidence to support my claims that things are going to go wrong.

Maybe that's just the way things are, or always were. Or maybe it's simply because you never hear anyone say about how things went right, because why would they? Unless you're a natural bragger, you likely only have a burning need to tell someone something when it went wrong and you need to vent.

I usually play videogames or watch movies to try and take my mind off things. It works sometimes.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I don't often worry unless I have to, and then it's over something stupid.
I do however get upset and angry very easily and it's hard to get rid of, it usually involves a bubble bath, relaxing music or something funny.

Being overly anxious is one of my most hated traits in a person actually. Worrying over everything that doesn't need to be really pisses me off, I can't deal with people like that.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Why should I worry? Why should I care? I may not have a dime, but I got street savoir faire.

Wickatricka

Aug 26, 2011
Didn't use to worry about stuff but once I got in my car accident and got seriously injured it really put things in perspective and made me realize my own mortality at a young age and ever since then I've been dealing with it. Things are better then like a year ago or even a month ago and I feel like that's the key to get better every day if only a little bit. Trivial shit like why people are friends with me? No.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Almost constantly.
It's just who I am. I've learned to live with it. I have a big mean jerkbrain.
It goes like this

Family is 5 minutes late: They aren't coming
On a roller-coaster: You're gonna fall out and die
Sleeping on back: You know people choke like that, right?
Sleeping in a bed with space underneath: A hand is going to grab your foot

The way I deal with it is by setting aside a small time to be worried about whatever it is, and then move on.

Oct 10, 2011
Most of the time, not at all. Even right when something really bad happens. But out of the blue I just freak out over everything at once every few days, and in the process freak out everyone around me.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I hardly worry. Things are pretty much all great and there's nothing to fret about.

Then I go to bed and stop having things to pay attention to and god knows how many thoughts of JESUS FUCK NO GOD AGH WHY PLEASE NO fill my head.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
tough call. i worry constantly from a position relative to global default settings, but i never worry from a position relative to my custom default settings...

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
I always seem to have a slight worry or two, keeps me on my toes. However I'll occasionally get massively worried about something, which usually leads to me succeeding at it, so it's not a bad thing.

Filiecs

May 24, 2011
Pretty much only when there is something very serious (such as education or money) on the line. I don't know, I'm always seeing time and time again evidence that, in the long run, everything will turn out better than expected.

I rarely ever get angry, either. I just find that anger and distress tends to cause drama and tear everything apart.
I'm also pretty good at turning my distress into astress, especially when I need to do some sort of public speaking. I once had the whole room applaud me for a paper I threw together the night before due to how well I verbally presented it.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
I only get worried about things that I actually can change or prepare for. But if I can change it or prepare for it I'll do those things... so I don't worry.

I get frustrated with the number of tasks I can have, especially when one pops up when I had arranged some recreational time - but I don't really ever worry.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Define worry

I'm a cynical bastard that expects a negative outcome more often than not. But I don't stress myself over it, and tend to be prepared.

mammothbroncho

Jun 29, 2012
I'm usually pretty relaxed but when I have a swim-meet or something else involving sports I freak the hell out.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I wasn't worried about anything until I saw the poll results. O__o

Worrying never fixed anything. The only time I truly worry is in the horrible period between me causing something to go wrong and me getting reprimanded for it.

Admittedly, there was one school year that left me in this state for a loooooong time, but usually it only lasts a few minutes.

<youtube=NZC7KNP-wMg>