Poll: How much do you worry?

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
All the time.
ALL.

I'm a complete nervous wreck that can't do anything, without worrying about it for a month or something...

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Not much. I'm a pretty laid back dude with good self-confidence.

Even better, I seem to have better time management skills than my peers, so that gets rid of a lot of stress on my part.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
I'm worried I'm not worried enough.

I don't know how much I should care about things and how to actually change how much I care about things that sound like they should be important.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I used to worry a lot about other people's well-being and crime, it was so ridiculous that I felt I had to do something and well tried vigilantism, which is basically just going out at night and patrolling never found any trouble though, but nowadays, I don't feel anything anymore I'm so jaded that when I passed through a shoot-out I just walked through like nothing was happening, I didn't look at them, I didn't feel disgusted, angry or scared, I just felt nothing, nothing at all, so no I don't worry anymore but quite frankly I find it disturbing.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
0 fucks are given at all times.

There's always an answer to every problem, so no need to worry, just think.

Sep 14, 2009
eh it depends on what it is, there are tons of things that i don't give a molecule of fuck about, then there are some things (such as a big test in school) that drive me up the fucking wall to the point that i almost never sleep the night before a test. (this is why i hate finals week, i usually sleep a grand total of 7 hours within 3-4 days.

hell i don't even do bad on the tests 90% of the time, i actually do quite well, but i will sit there and constantly go over and fear any possible kind of question/combination i might have missed or not remembered, and then my brain can't sleep

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Quite alot of times like if it was something trivial at work and I worry too much when it come to my health. Hey I do want to lived as long as possible!

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
I don't worry, per-say. Shit happens and I deal with it. Sometimes in the moment I lose my shit, but that's only if someone else (usually my sister) is around to stay calm. Or if she loses her shit, I stay calm. We have a system.

I do however, stress out a lot. I'm constantly a ball of rock hard muscles and my neck is so tense it causes near constant headaches, and my lower back goes out if something stresses me out badly. Massages don't really help. Neither does meditation or hot baths or yoga or anything.

I really should be more worried than I am. I still don't have a job and I'm only have enough savings left for another month or two. My book isn't selling either. But I have my sister and her job to fall back on, as well as a hefty alternate savings account, but I don't want to touch that as it's for a trip we want to take. Eh. Things always work out.

Full

Sep 3, 2012
My actions are defined by what I worry about. I think everything through too fast, and too often.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Phasmal said:
Sleeping in a bed with space underneath: A hand is going to grab your foot.
You too, huh? That or that a werewolf will stick its giant mug out from underneath when I peek over the side. *shudder*

OT: I mainly worry about what the future holds for me, and that my stunted social developement means I'll just by a non-element for the rest of my life. That and that I'm going to lose what little drawing talent I already have.

Hieronymusgoa

Dec 27, 2011
I used to worry constantly about every stupid shit and everyone. Then with 29 i did some behavioral therapy and since then it's a big deal less and everyhting's more fun.
Best thing that happened to me so far I guess.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I don't worry much, even though I always have something I probably should worry about, everything seems to always work out one way or another so I have no reason to worry myself crazy.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I don't worry actively, no, active worrying I can stop easily, as I see worry as a useless and hindering thing.
But I will admit that I live in a constant state of subconscious worry, where I catch thoughts of the kind popping up often enough that it becomes a serious struggle to not be stressed as fuck all the time.

Might be the fact that I make minimum wage, in a job where I could be replaced, or just fired at any time, for any reason, combined with the fact that I've been written up for things co-workers did, on days I wasn't even working.

Might be the fact that my entire family is either, poor as fuck, or would either ignore me, or laugh at me, if I was starving on the street.

Might be the fact that I'm unwanted, and will likely be alone until I die, and considering that when I spend too much time alone, and have nobody around I go crazy, and struggle a lot more with the state of depression that I find myself in 24/7, that combined with the fact that due to being perpetually single, and not a prospect, everyone else who isn't immediately get's job priority over me, cuz people seem to assume that I can just move back in with my "folks" if I lose my job, cuz I won't likely have to support a family ever.

That and the constant fear of being kicked out of my home for any given reason, as I do not own the place where I live.

And what with how my life has taken more than a few "turns for the worse" over the years, and the fact that I'm still alive is practically a fucking miracle, I don't ever feel like I will ever reach a point in my life where I'm not a ball of stress, anxiety, and sadness, wearing a smiling mask and pretending everything is ok, after all, you can't coast uphill.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
One of the better lessons I have learnt in life is that worrying dosent help.
I know it's easier said than done but say your car breaks down and your late for a job interview. Yeah that's stressful but it's happened and all the worrying in the world won't fix that car, it might be detrimental to your health though.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
I worry about the grand scheme of things, like when I hear a new killer had a spree or something, because then I'm wondering how many more killers will rise up, or if the victim's families will recover. I occasionally worry about worst case scenario stuff, but that's mostly so I can prepare for whatever the outcome might be and get ready for it. That's my usual: "prepare for the worst, but hope for the best," type mentality.

WhitbyDragon

Jul 15, 2013
I worry about irrational things, if I should be petrified, then I can work out why I'm worried so calm down because I can think through the possibilities. Mostly it's people I care about's reactions, that was almost English, I expect the bad even when all the evidence doesn't agree.

Use you're brain, sometimes the heart lies because ARRGGHHH STUFF I CAN'T CONTROL happens. You're brain says it won't, but still ARGH.

This is gibberish...

C F

Jan 10, 2012
I do not worry.

Now, there may be a temporary sub-process of my mind that is formed in tight situations which will quickly run through the myriad of various possible negative outcomes to a scenario, the execution of which could be described as "worry-like", but don't let that fool you.

It is a fact that goes with<color=#444>out saying in any given situation: "I've got this."

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
DoomyMcDoom said:
I don't worry actively, no, active worrying I can stop easily, as I see worry as a useless and hindering thing.
But I will admit that I live in a constant state of subconscious worry, where I catch thoughts of the kind popping up often enough that it becomes a serious struggle to not be stressed as fuck all the time.

Might be the fact that I make minimum wage, in a job where I could be replaced, or just fired at any time, for any reason, combined with the fact that I've been written up for things co-workers did, on days I wasn't even working.

Might be the fact that my entire family is either, poor as fuck, or would either ignore me, or laugh at me, if I was starving on the street.

Might be the fact that I'm unwanted, and will likely be alone until I die, and considering that when I spend too much time alone, and have nobody around I go crazy, and struggle a lot more with the state of depression that I find myself in 24/7, that combined with the fact that due to being perpetually single, and not a prospect, everyone else who isn't immediately get's job priority over me, cuz people seem to assume that I can just move back in with my "folks" if I lose my job, cuz I won't likely have to support a family ever.

That and the constant fear of being kicked out of my home for any given reason, as I do not own the place where I live.

And what with how my life has taken more than a few "turns for the worse" over the years, and the fact that I'm still alive is practically a fucking miracle, I don't ever feel like I will ever reach a point in my life where I'm not a ball of stress, anxiety, and sadness, wearing a smiling mask and pretending everything is ok, after all, you can't coast uphill.
I feel that way quite a lot about my daily life, feeling not very useful and trying to find work and not being unsuccessful doesn't help the self esteem very much.

I also end up putting a mask on every singe day of my waking life because I tend to see more negative in my life than positive, I have hope but I keep it neutral until I get the chance to take hold of what I aim for.

Still I wish some of our lives were improved but sometimes it takes work and sometimes we just get the worst of luck, we just have to see everything we don't get as no loss.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I'm one of those that over-analyses everything and, due to that, it can lead to me worrying about a multitude of different things. Even things that I can't do a thing about still manage to set me a-worrying.
So yeah, I worry a lot of the time. Though, I'm not as bad at doing that than I used to be...

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I get bugged about this all the time.

When there is something on the news that deals with health (diseases, viruses, food recalls, etc.) or events that are going on nationally or internationally, I tend to take a general interest and often times act upon them. My family members always say that I worry too much and that being concerned about everything all the time will get me sick and stressed.

Well I still have a reasonable amount of concern for several issues to this day and I am the only family member that is healthy and stress-free.