Poll: How much $$ is the Escapist getting from Slim Jim?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I'm not against ads in general, just that one. God, it's awful and makes me feel like I'm frequently visiting a kiddie site.

Aug 1, 2010
zHellas said:
Nevyrmoore said:
CK76 said:
How much $$ is the Escapist getting from Slim Jim?

Is that trillions or billions?
A TRILLION BILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!! *cues evil laughter*

OT: Would you rather have to pay a monthly fee in order to be a user?
NO! They are getting......... ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!! Wait.......

OT: Not enough. I hate those adds with a passion.

micky

Apr 27, 2009
Eh doesn't really bother me, I just make a new tab and do something else for 30 seconds.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Not enough, The Escapist is not getting paid enough. A few other sites weren't getting paid enough. Hell, for a commercial THAT bad, the bloddy WWE isn't getting paid enough (company the guy who gives the kids Slim Jims works for.)

T3chn0s1s

Aug 17, 2008
Judgement101 said:
The Procrastinated End said:
I dislike that argument with a buring hatred. It's $20 for no ads and a custom title, cool, throw in something else and it might be worth $15 instead of charging $20 for something that really doesn't change much.
It's $20 a year. It's not monthly. I don't know about you guys, but I get a local newspaper at fifty cents a week. Escapist would work out to roughly thirty-eight cents a week. I get more out of one of these two services, and I'm not even paying the thirty-eight cents. In fact, because of this thread I'm wondering why I don't.

In fact, I'm going to go subscribe now..

On-topic: Yeah, that commercial needs to die. It went away for a while it seemed, but now it's back and more annoying than ever. It's also a pain that it's roughly eight times louder than most of the content for me.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Let's just say, this is their boat.
http://www.montecarlo.fm/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/cunard_queen_mary2a.jpg

Yeah, that much.

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
Just sucks that the e$capi$t finally sold out. Watching loads of free content with an occasional thirty second add is bull****!! (please not painfully obvious sarcasm)

Just shell out the twenty bucks for publishers club if it bothers you so much. Other than that it's the good people who run this place's right to do whatever the hell they want with it and put advertisement when necessary. You should be greatful at everything they generously offer for free.

RathWolf

Apr 14, 2009
You do realize you're not forced to watch the commercial, right? If it bothers you that much just go to another tab or mute it or something.

luna_moth

May 20, 2009
I see it as a small price to pay for watching the escapists amazing and free content. I usually just mute it, or open a new tab for the 30 sec.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
One should note that the Escapist ain't the only group selling out to Slim Jim. Not that it's important, of course. Still, been on Veoh lately?

Kryten1029a

Jun 28, 2008
Country
United States
It is annoying, but as I see it I get to view videos and I don't have to pay. I might join the Publisher's Club someday, but until then I'll live with it.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Yes, you can pay the Escapist to not play that ad or have any other ads ever again. And watch all of the videos in high quality and on your iPod and even more! Just click here for more information [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/registration/subscribe] and it's $20 for a membership to the Publisher's Club for an entire year!

[sub]So, when do I get paid?[/sub]