Poll: how much of a nerd are you?

Ruzzian Roulette

Dec 23, 2008
Pfft, nerds are losers. Geeks like me are much cooler and socially capable. I wear the Geek badge with pride.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
I am an avid gamer, both on console and PC, I do both White Wolf's World of Darkness and D&D tabletop RPG's. Comic books for the most part I never was involved in, mostly because they started to fade away when I was very little. I am however a fan of the Marvel and DC universes, and I am a big movie fan. I am also a bigtime fantasy and medieval fan. I wouldn't give up a room full of attractive females for halo, but to get back my PSO characters from my first xbox that crashed and died maybe.
OK I am full on nerd. I don't particularly like socializing, and I can be uneasy around people.
However, I do have a strong fondness for martial arts, as well as Tai Chi and meditation. I alternate between lengthy runs and weight training.

Mirika_the_warrior

Apr 9, 2008
Nerd- more the academic aspect
Dork- socially "special"
Geek- someone who obsesses over things often viewed as non-essentials(games, movies, books, etc) by the masses

I am personally a more geek

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
Ace of Spades said:
SsilverR said:
i don't know ... how do you define nerd

ok ... here are a few things about me

1. i don't have much of a social life (but that's by choice)
2. i've been laid four times .. but it's been a good few years since my last shag
3. i do combat sports in my spare time and i have healthy body
4. i play mmo rpg's for days at a time
5. i read comic books and draw anime and tribal and i watch a hell of alot of anime
6. i play guitar and i make amv's haha
7. after extensive devil may cry and cockiness from boxing class i now walk, talk and act almost 100% like dante (not lying here)

.. erm .. someone calculate my nerdiness plz >.<
*types furiously on calculator* Uhh... about 70% nerd.
haha awesome ... i'm actually prouf of being that nerdy ^^

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
I like to think of myself as quite nerdy but with a functional social life. Though, this makes me happy and ashamed at the same time, given that 90% of the kids at my school follow a social hierarchy headed by idiots and fleas. Occasionally a sick science-experiment-gone-wrong mixture of the two.

Jan 3, 2009
Its not nerdy, im not sitting in my basement alone playing WoW all weekend, its more like: strap on my Gears sneakers, grab my controller and bike to my friends house to play a game all weekend and earn all the achievements.

But i really do own almost every nerd collectable ever.

May 17, 2007
Daye.04 said:
Fraser.J.A said:
Yeah, that's a flaw with the poll: true nerds do not play Halo.
*cough* troll *cough*
But seriously. No one can ever decide what games you can play if you're to be called a nerd. No one.
Eh? I thought that was a fair observation. Like true music fans not listening to Kelly Clarkson.

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
Fraser.J.A said:
Daye.04 said:
Fraser.J.A said:
Yeah, that's a flaw with the poll: true nerds do not play Halo.
*cough* troll *cough*
But seriously. No one can ever decide what games you can play if you're to be called a nerd. No one.
Eh? I thought that was a fair observation. Like true music fans not listening to Kelly Clarkson.
Well, it's not. Non of them are valid. Even though a lot of music-fans don't think of Kelly Clarkson as music, it can still be defined as music. Same goes for Halo.

TheDustyBanana

Feb 8, 2009
I may have one or two nerdy qualities (probably video-game related) but I'm much more of a Jack-of-all-trades or chameleon when it comes those labels and such.

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
Hmmm.... well I have a Kane bobble-head.

Posters of: Legacy of Kane, Doom & Doom 3, HL2, Morrowind, C&C 2 and 3, Nox, and Dune on my walls

Also.... a 4-foot framed Lord of the Rings map over my bed where I have sex with my girlfriend.....

I'm also 24.... So... which do you think it is?

lykopis783

Jul 17, 2008
Replace girls with boys, and Halo with Left 4 Dead, and yup that would be me. Any boy worth his salt would be there playing the game with me not off in some room anyway. So yes.

Gamine

Mar 7, 2009
Is everyone trying to outnerd the other?

LOL.

I wont really call myself a nerd, but I Game (First Console was the Atari,loved the joystick!), I do web design, i listen to Rock, i have never dated {Cant find a cute romantic nerd}, i love anime, I Draw Manga {im working on a shounen} i wear glasses, i have a Bachelors degree in Information and Communication Engineering, i love dresses and candy by the way :))

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Not that nerdy.

I love video games but thats about where my nerdyness ends.. I like to be as social as I can be and go out whenever theres something to do. I'm a bit of a metrosexual, care a lot about my appearance, and love nice clothes/accessories. I think the Star Wars movies are pretty average, (though some of the games are pretty fun), Lord Of The Rings movies are completely boooring and way too long. I'm not really very academically clever either, though i'm trying really hard to change that i'm just not very good at the things taught in school.

So.. not really a nerd. But got nothing against them. lol =)

zacaron

Apr 7, 2008
well Im fairly nerdy but I still go to partys and do social things.
[http://teamfortress2.fr/achievements.php]

McClaud

Nov 2, 2007
I'm a nerd and I'm married to a nerdette. All of our nerdy hobbies together cover the spectrum of true geekitude. Our garage speaks of nerdcore, and all the posters/pictures hanging on the walls of our house have to do with our nerdy habits. We go to Ren Faires dressed in garb.

I'm not saying I'm the alpha nerdicus superioritis, because we also have a social life that includes going out and partying with tons of other people. And hanging out with our families often. They know we're nerds, but we don't actually nerd out in front of them (or when we go out and party on the town).

Gamine

Mar 7, 2009
McClaud said:
I'm a nerd and I'm married to a nerdette. All of our nerdy hobbies together cover the spectrum of true geekitude. Our garage speaks of nerdcore, and all the posters/pictures hanging on the walls of our house have to do with our nerdy habits. We go to Ren Faires dressed in garb.

I'm not saying I'm the alpha nerdicus superioritis, because we also have a social life that includes going out and partying with tons of other people. And hanging out with our families often. They know we're nerds, but we don't actually nerd out in front of them (or when we go out and party on the town).
Now this is serious!!! :O

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
Change "hot girls" to "hot guys", "Halo" to a game that sucks less, and remove "with the buddies" and that would describe my level of nerdiness (and social anxiety).

Though I would have to wonder why so many attractive men were in one room together. What are they doing?