Poll: How much of the Escapist are females?

buddee1

Jan 11, 2009
Gamers are typically known to be guys but I was just wondering how many of the Escapist members are female. I'm sure others have asked this so please don't mention that in the comments.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I was a male in the last male/female thread, and the one before that, and the one before that. I am sensing a trend here.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
In the other male/female threads I've seen the females are usually in the vast minority but that should seem like it is fairly obvious. But I am a male :p

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I'm not really sure what I am right now...

kidding kidding female..no gender issues here (thank god)

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I have seen this thread a good few times I think it was less than 10% if I remember correctly.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
darkraven28 said:
i'm a girl even though my avatar is a boy form a anime/manga
Eh, It's not like I can tell the difference half the time anyway.

staika

Aug 3, 2009
TopazFusion said:

buddee1 said:
I was just wondering how many of the Escapist members are female.
You know, there's a handy little feature on this site that will tell you the answer.
I am so stealing that achievement image. I could do so much with that :p

staika

Aug 3, 2009
TopazFusion said:
staika said:
Hehehe, feel free.
It's not actually mine. I just found it by doing a google image search for "escapist use search bar" =P
If I find out who made it I must shake their hand for a job well done. I'd make my own but I am far too lazy to make one :p

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
DarkRyter said:
I'm 6 different girls.
And I'm all your fathers but also one's lover.

I am a man, a manly man who sweats steak and chops down trees with his chest hair.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
staika said:
TopazFusion said:
staika said:
Hehehe, feel free.
It's not actually mine. I just found it by doing a google image search for "escapist use search bar" =P
If I find out who made it I must shake their hand for a job well done. I'd make my own but I am far too lazy to make one :p
The generator was apparently made by "Daniel"

http://achievements.schrankmonster.de/

Anyway, male, at least I was the last time I checked. Maybe it's changed since the last six times I've voted.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
DarkRyter said:
I'm 6 different girls.
Sssshhhh!! Stop talking! They should never know about the girl gamer hivemind.
um... SHOES. YES. DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND TALK ABOUT SHOES

But yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm female. Also, double check your reading of my username.

Still, OP, from the way you've phrased the thread name, I'd bet you're going to get more female posts than the usual gender survey threads.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Erana said:
Still, OP, from the way you've phrased the thread name, I'd bet you're going to get more female posts than the usual gender survey threads.
aba1 said:
I have seen this thread a good few times I think it was less than 10% if I remember correctly.
This is actually the closest I ever have seen the poll. It usually is a huge landslide.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
I guess most of the males are asleep or doing something? No matter. Soon enough that bar will zip right up and we shall have another glorious gender-victory, no matter how small.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
How many times must we ask this question?
Seriously I swear the exact same thing comes up every week, is there going to be a scattergraph by the end of the year to show female increase/decrease or something?