Poll: How much TV and Internet do you watch/use

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Marter said:
Nope. It'll be around for a long time. We don't have 500 channels for nothing!
No, but we have 500 channels OF nothing.

OT:

1. Do you own a TV? -yes.
2. Which do you spend more time using/watching. TV or Computer?-This is where yuo may wish to redefine your terms. I own a TV, but don't have cable. I spend most of my time watching something watching netflix or DVDs, and that's on my TV. I do watch a fair amount of web content, though.
3. How much do you use each per day?-I have no idea, but wayyyyyy too much.
4. Where do you get most of your news from?-The internet, but my local paper is online, so that's one of the major reasons. Same for a lot of papers, really.

Also:

Reginald said:
Bottom-tier journalism, overpowering bias, too many vested interests.
Sounds like you might as well toss the internet in there.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
i don't watch TV at all. if i want some TV stuff i just find it on the internet. I can't even remember last time i switched on the TV.

Reginald

May 9, 2012
Zachary Amaranth said:
Reginald said:
Bottom-tier journalism, overpowering bias, too many vested interests.
To be fair, the internet delivers contrasting opinions and supplies the tools to dig up the facts behind stories. It also delivers stories that would be largely ignored here. If Kuwait just cease to exist, and no Australians went with it, I'd never know if I didn't read the paper really, really carefully.

The internet, even in the hands of a dolt, is more than a few cuts above a propaganda rag for the Liberal party.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
I'm pretty sure bloggers are too poor to afford vests. Maybe a hipster sweater vest, but that hardly counts as vested.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
DeltaEdge said:
1. Do you own a TV?
2. Which do you spend more time using/watching. TV or Computer?
3. How much do you use each per day?
4. Where do you get most of your news from?
Of course I own a TV. What else would I use to obliterate friends in Super Smash Bros on? This is on top of the billion other console games old and new that I still play.

I don't use my TV for anything besides video games, though. Barring the weekly football games and the MLB playoffs/world series (Go Tigers!), there's nothing for me to watch that isn't also available online.

My gaming laptop, however, is turned on and used pretty much every second that isn't spent at school or on one of my consoles, or otherwise not at home. I use my laptop far more than my consoles overall, at least currently.

News is mostly attained online, because the major television stations have no problem with outright lying to their viewers, on top of ignoring the issues that actually matter, like the continued invasion and perversion of civil liberties by the GOP and Democratic parties.

Ringo_Plumen

Jul 11, 2012
Hmm lets see

1. Do you own a TV?
Have several in the household, and got my own as well.
Computer by far.
TV Varies a lot, I usually watch 10min-1hour every morning and evening just after I wake up, and just before falling asleep. (terrible habbit)
Computer is anytime I don't have something else to do... so most of my day.
About 50/50 TV internet.

I think old style networks will try to keep TV going as it is for as long as possible, but as more people move away from traditional TV and on to streaming services something is bound to happen.

Aiiooo

Oct 25, 2012
1. Do you own a TV?
Of course! Can't imagine a day without it :)

More time on computers since surfing of net and watching of shows are all there.

At least 10 hours minimum.

News will be through internet mostly.

Oct 27, 2010
tvs are things that you hook consoles up to to play video games right? As far as using a tv for anything else, I haven't watched tv in oh, 7 years or so. I'm online, like, all the time though.

Playing The System

Oct 24, 2012
1. Do you own a TV?
Yes I use it as my computer monitor.

Both equally since they're hooked up to one another?

All damn day usually. o.o

The newspaper subscription that comes to my house. XD

Paranoah

Oct 23, 2012
1. Do you own a TV?
Yes however i use it more as a backup monitor
Computer
about 9-11 hours a day
bbc, google news, reddit

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
1. Do you own a TV?
Yep, It's plugged into my computer as a second monitor.
Computer an my trusty xbox, I watch stuff on my tv via the net, channels are stupid.
A lot I has CFS an chronic pain so I'm on my computer a lot, its a good distraction :)
Where ever I find it but I don't believe its real in till I've fact checked it myself.

Bonus question! Do you think TV will soon be phased out, and if so, how long do you think TV will remain relevant?
Well I don't know how it is in other country?s but tv in NZ is already irreverent, has been for a while now but we have only like 5 or so channels. So its no surprise that most people turn to the net for shows.
I only bought my tv as it was the cheapest an best option for playing games on (xbox and pc). I love my LG its not the prettiest girl at the party but damn that screen is good, pure gaming heaven :D