Poll: How often do you get games?

roo18

Oct 8, 2007
I get like six or seven a year depending on what's out. I use a lot of trade in and save so I complete a game, trade it, get most the money back and start again.

HuCast

Aug 18, 2006
Since the new consoles offer downloadable games I buy/play at least 1 new game per month.

Altair-Ego

Feb 3, 2008
Last year, from August to December, I remember buying Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty 4 DS, BioShock (yes that is the correct spelling), The Simpsons Game, and probably something else.

(How do I get old games? My local Best Buy sells them for, like, $10. I'm probably gonna want to head there soon to see if I can acquire the Half-Life)

From January to now, I've gotten a 360, so my quota went up. Like, I've gotten Crysis, Mass Effect, The Orange Box, Halo 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Assassin's Creed.

By the end of this year, I want Rock Band, maybe Turok, SSBB, and some others. So, more than 10.

Altair-Ego

Feb 3, 2008
Last year, from August to December, I remember buying Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty 4 DS, BioShock (yes that is the correct spelling), The Simpsons Game, and probably something else.

(How do I get old games? My local Best Buy sells them for, like, $10. I'm probably gonna want to head there soon to see if I can acquire the Half-Life)

From January to now, I've gotten a 360, so my quota went up. Like, I've gotten Crysis, Mass Effect, The Orange Box, Halo 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Assassin's Creed.

By the end of this year, I want Rock Band, maybe Turok, SSBB, and some others. So, more than 10.

MagnusElden

Feb 23, 2008
Depends if there is eny good games comming out. last year I bought a good 12 games, but this year I have bought 1.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
I'm still only fourteen, so naturally, I am dependent on my parent overseers for new games. They want to make sure that I get enough games without it distracting my schoolwork, so I think I get around four or five per year. Haven't got any games since before Christmas. I'll be getting Bioshock and a Live headset in a few weeks.

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
It seems comforting that my habit of splurging shedloads of money on games from a few years ago- creating a backlog of unplayed titles- is widely shared by the inhabitants of this forum. I have a PSP with 9 games. Only one was bought brand new, the others were all pre-owned. This is probably a good thing, as I only got the PSP in January when I was in Hong Kong. The console and a game came to about £100, which wouldn't even buy the unit in England.

I don't even know how many PC games I have, but I never buy anything on 1st release. You can get stuff 2nd hand remarkably fast - I got Stranglehold last month (although I still haven't played it) for a fraction of the RRP.

It's a goddamn sickness, I tell you!

werepossum

Sep 12, 2007
Hey Joe said:
I usually try to limit myself to 4-5 games a year for financial (Games here are usually $110 new release), but mostly because I don't want to buy a bad game. I'm one of those people who goes out researches which game they're going to buy next. I won't go and by a game on a whim, I'm just not that sort of person.
Dang! Where do you live? Is that console games or PC, and do you have WalMart equivalents or a decent used game market? Seems like that level of cost would make gaming unpopular, unless it's also a country with very high per-capita income.

Mr. Bubbles

Sep 27, 2007
Thanks to a large bin of old, used games at a Game Stop I live by I get around 10-15 games a year on average.

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
werepossum said:
Hey Joe said:
I usually try to limit myself to 4-5 games a year for financial (Games here are usually $110 new release), but mostly because I don't want to buy a bad game. I'm one of those people who goes out researches which game they're going to buy next. I won't go and by a game on a whim, I'm just not that sort of person.
Dang! Where do you live? Is that console games or PC, and do you have WalMart equivalents or a decent used game market? Seems like that level of cost would make gaming unpopular, unless it's also a country with very high per-capita income.
I live in Perth, Australia. I buy Xbox360 games which, if newly release are around the $100-$110 mark.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
It depends on the games that get released. I've now had a 360 and a Wii for 15 months and own in excess of 30 games for them. I had a big, big year.
Based on this years lineup, I expect to buy one game a month on average; so far this year I've already bought COD4, DMC4, and Umbrella Chronicles, so technically I shouldn't be buying anything else until April. Once again though, it's going to depend largely on what gets released. Gears 2 comes out in November for instance, so there's another month allocated if I maintain my average.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
For me, I have usually get a couple of games a year, maybe 3 if there's a really hyped game. But 2007, I ended up getting about 6 games. I really need to cut back, now with Year 10 and all.