Poll: How often do you shave?

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
My skin breaks really easily and the only razors that don't shred my face cost $40 to order a pack of 4, and I only get one or two uses out of each of them, and I'm one of those people who gets a really gross 5 o'clock shadow when I do shave. So I actually have been getting away with plucking my facial hair every few weeks instead of shaving, it gets easier after the first couple times. It looks much better this way.

CeeBod

Sep 4, 2012
I sometimes have to shave more than once per day. I have really dark hair and pale skin, so I look like I have a 5 o' clock shadow within about 30 seconds of finishing shaving! If I'm going out in the evening after work then I usually have to shave again to avoid looking like a scruffy git.

Just to make the suck even harder, I often get razor-burn on my neck, and as I have to wear a suit and tie for work, I spend those days feelnig uncomfortable as hell all day.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I can usually go up to a week before my side burns start looking really shitty. I love having slow growing hair and the fact that most of it is blonde.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
At this point, I find myself having to shave once every three days if I want to remain presentable. I usually have a bit of trouble getting it all neat and uniform around the jawline. Anyone got any good recommendations for a proper razor? I considered getting a reusable razor that I can sharpen, but I'll settle for anything that doesn't leave the annoying stubble behind. I want the shaved parts shaved like a Turkish barber would do - but without the price. :p

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I tend to get a decently sized beard after two days so I used to shave once every three days. I HATED it and thus I just settled with a beard and going to the barber once a month.

Reasonable Atheist

Mar 6, 2012
renegade7 said:
My skin breaks really easily and the only razors that don't shred my face cost $40 to order a pack of 4, and I only get one or two uses out of each of them, and I'm one of those people who gets a really gross 5 o'clock shadow when I do shave. So I actually have been getting away with plucking my facial hair every few weeks instead of shaving, it gets easier after the first couple times. It looks much better this way.
My friend, i feel your pain and i have some good news for you.

They make good shit in Germany, I strongly recommend the murker line of double edged safety razors, in conjunction with Japanese feather blades.

Really the whole thing where grocery stores only stock the obscenely priced cartridge razors is a huge scam.

Stop buying toys, start buying tools.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I don't grow too much facial hair so I can get lazy with it and wait a few weeks before I feel like I have to get rid of it. When I do, I typically just shave it all off.

I groom the nether regions too. Don't like the thick jungle that can grow down there. Yeesh.

Lord Garnaat

Apr 10, 2012
Three times a day, on average. Sometimes more, if the occasion demands it, but never fewer than twice. I'm of the opinion that facial hair on young people like myself generally looks revolting and unprofessional, so I need to be completely clean-shaven. Stubble is a sign of deviancy!

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
My situation is a bit complicated. Before I got a job, I shaved once a week. I liked having the scruff. I don't know why. It itched and hurt when I rested my chin on my jacket. But I liked it. Now that I have a job where I am, I have to shave every day before I come into work. That could be every night, that could be every other night, that could even be four days later. But, I can tell you this much: It is so much easier to shave when you've had a few days off and the hair grows in more.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Once a week. I see no point in shaving every day/every few days, because their's not enough hair there to justify the effort, the waste in cream or the use of a Razor that would just end sooner due to over use.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
When I work the customer end of my business, and any day there's a social thing. Comes down to about 4 days a week.

I keep very short scruff on my chin because I look about fifteen years old clean shaven. My face would harden up if I lost weight but this is easier than dieting. I can't grow good sideburns, stache, or beard -- the chin is the only place it comes in thick enough.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
About twice a year I don't like shaving and don't mind my facial hair

I also don't use cream or soap just basic water.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Whenever I have to look decent/it starts annoying me. I don't clip the hairs down all the way because I'm always happy to see the return of the light stubble. That's what I think looks best on me.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
HA! SHAVE?

Well, i do shave maybe once every other week to clean things up around my BEARD (Which i just lop off a bit to look "civilized" and not like a bearwrestling mountain-man. (Mostly because i am lazy. But i haven't had a clean shaven face for maybe 10 years now. I was thinking about taking it off and see how i look without now (I began growing it because i looked way too boyish and sad... and nondescript without.)

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Depends what you're talking about but in one area or another usually once a day. I come form a harry family. Beard? like every 3 or 4 days.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Er....like once or twice a month? If trimming my beard counts anyway, that shit takes a considerably more amount of effort than shaving.