Poll: How Often Do You Wash Your Towels?

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Zhukov said:
It never occurred to me to count.

Every so often I look at the towel rack and think, "Those are probably due for a wash about now". And so it comes to pass.

I dry myself with them, not wipe my arse. They get damp, not dirty.
Thank the fucking gods, someone with some bloody perspective. If you're still dirty after you shower, you aren't showering properly.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I never use a towel more than three times after washing it, same with clothes - no matter what state it's in (for underwear and socks it's of course one day).

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
1 and done. We own enough towels to be able to use it once, and then wash them all at the end of the week or something.

krystalphoenix

Sep 5, 2015
Once a week, basically with the bed sheets.

I am clean when I come out the shower, I am simply towelling off water, possibly shampoo/conditioner/bodywash residue.

Possible TMI ahead

When I'm on my period, I will get a clean towel once my bleed is finished, even if I just changed towels the day before.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
Working in a kitchen I've gotten used to using paper towels to dry my hands at home as well.

At my flat I wash my body towels after every use. Kitchen work has made me a little more paranoid about keeping myself clean.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Saelune said:
I dont want to rub my face where my genitals rubbed, I dont care how "clean" they are.
You need to delineate a side of the towel for your balls and the other side for your face. I always use the tag side for my balls so I can use the other side for my face and not have to worry about getting any wayward pubes on my face

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
DrownedAmmet said:
Saelune said:
I dont want to rub my face where my genitals rubbed, I dont care how "clean" they are.
You need to delineate a side of the towel for your balls and the other side for your face. I always use the tag side for my balls so I can use the other side for my face and not have to worry about getting any wayward pubes on my face
haha you have put way to much thought into this

as for myself.. usually once, sometimes twice, rarely three times..honestly ive never thought about it

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
DrownedAmmet said:
Saelune said:
DIBS ON THE BAND NAME!!! DIBS ON THE BAND NAME!!!

Are you guys ready to rock!?! WE'RE THE WAYWARD PUBES!!!

On topic: I don't actually keep track. I'll say this. If I drop the towel on the floor, then it goes in the hamper. I figure that I'm clean when I dry off, so the towel will be as clean as me when I'm clean. Besides, if any rogue germs form before the towel dries, it'll just help keep my immune system strong. I'm likely completely wrong about that, but I rarely ever become ill so something's working.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Dirty Hipsters said:
I was my towels once a week, and tend to shower 1-2 times a day so...after about 10-11 uses. More if it's hot and I've been sweating a lot.

Saelune said:
Do you put your face into your significant others' genitals?

If the answer is yes then why wouldn't you be willing to dry your face with the same towel that you used to dry the rest of your body?
I wouldnt consider my face clean.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Ooooooh boy.

I have my one towel and wash it every month or so.

It never occurred to me to do it more than that. :/

After all, I only ever use it if I'm clean.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Usually I will get 3 or 4 uses out of a single towel before I wash it. Little surprised to see how many only own one towel.

Neonsilver

Aug 11, 2009
Rednog said:
This sums up my feelings towards towels rather well...
I agree with that. I wash my towels once a week. I don't see a reason to do that more often since I use them after I washed myself. It only removes clean water from me, maybe some soap.
Exception are obviously towels I use to clean of sweat when I'm training.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
You don't need towels, silly humans. I play dizzy dizzy dinosaurs by myself all naked until I fall over. Gets the job done rather spiffingly and adds to your daily exercise routine!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Saelune said:
I am never using someone else's towel ever again.
Well, think of it this way: If someone offered you a Terrible Towel, you can be sure that it was only used for swinging around and cheering the Steelers, and therefore would be safe.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
I use the same towel for about a week, unless it's raining, then I change towels every 2 or 3 days. It doesn't get nowhere near wet enough for me to think omg germs this is gross. In addition to that, I leave my towels out in the open and it's pretty hot and windy here, the towel is dry in about 30 minutes.

Here's another question though: How often do you people clean your bathrooms? I saw some pictures of some guy's feet because he showered in a gym somewhere and his feet had these really nasty holes.

I'm more concerned about that suspicious street food I like to eat after handing the money to the vendor guy. I like to think an entire childhood playing in dirty canals and dirty dirt streets covered in mud and gross rain water that's been sitting there for days helped me build a resistance/armor/shield/force field against germs and whatever else is out there.

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
My bathroom is really old and not that well ventilated. You need to dry it after showering to prevent mold. So, I use the towel first, then dry my bathroom with it and then it goes in the laundry basket.

Hotel towels, though, I use 2-3 times.