Poll: How polite are you?

Dieter Meyer

Jan 14, 2011
Comming from Norway, I was never raised to say "Please" and "Thank you". Also, we Norwegian seem to try to avoid talking with strangers unless it is absolutely necessary. Say someone wants to look at the buss times, and theres a guy standing right infront of the timetable. 99% of the times the guy wanting to look at the timetable will just awkwardly try to find a way to look at the timetable without simply saying "Excuse me, but could you please move away from the timetable?".

I guess we Norwegians come off quite rude in England or The States..

silv

Nov 21, 2009
I guess I fall in the "other" category, I'm a Canadian.

Please see: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/1852-Canada-is-Sorry

Dec 14, 2009
I'm British. I'd aplogise to someone if they ran me over with their car.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry. My skull seems to have dented your bonnet, let me just move my mangled legs so that I'm not longer in your way."

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
I can force myself to be polite when the situation calls for it. Most of the time I'm snarky and sarcastic if not downright antagonistic and have a generally low opinion of humanity.

Misanthrope? Why yes, yes I am.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
I'm very polite but not overly friendly. I've been called "cold but courteous" by someone who likes the sound of their own voice, if that helps.

NeonOranges

Jan 16, 2011
I find I'm more polite to strangers, as opposed to people who know me well and to them I am the 'please and thank you', holding doors open, 'so sorry' sputtering maniac that being Canadian has led the world to expect of me. To my friends I'm a complete ass though, they know me though, so they can deal with it.

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
I over-compensate with my politeness in public because I'm really quite boorish and stupid in my personal life.

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
"Politeness costs nothing", no it costs me time, effort and work as people take the piss in every aspect of my life (I selected the too polite option).

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I say please/ thank you. I saw God-Bless-You when I hear a sneeze. I wave in thanks when a car decides to let me pass in front of them instead of killing me (except for when they stop at a stop sign. Stopping at a stop sign to let me cross the street isn't something you do out of kindness, especially when a cop is behind you). I try to be the last one in the house to make a plate of food during meal-time as well and, I hate using the last of something (TP, slice of bread, etc).

I think I'm fairly polite :3

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Very. But with friends I never really bother.

Reminds me of a funny story. A while ago at school we were bored, had a tennis ball, and were idly chucking it at a wall, having a vague competition of who could throw it the hardest/highest/furthest. Then a couple of chavvy little year 7s came up, including a fat little potato called Harry Dixon, part of the Dixon family dickhead circus. They start kicking a football against the wall, right in front of us. Looking over their shoulders at us every so often.
So after a minute I walk up to Harry, him looking up at me like little hard-nut year 7s do, and...

...I ask him if he could please move. We're trying to play here, there's plenty of space. My friends couldn't stop laughing afterwards. >.>

Dirkie

Feb 3, 2009
I'm about what you would expect from being dutch and slightly autist.
Polite up to a certain degree, and when i don't have the feeling it will work, i will be as blunt as needed to get things done.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Greyfox105 said:
I always say please and thank you when necessary.
Usually excessively.
Help others, hold doors, etc.
I do what I can to make days better for other people, be they acquaintances or strangers.
That's admirable of you.

I am quite polite my good chap. Indubitably courteous in most every way that fits the masculine vigors. Most especially towards the pulchritudinous and toothsome souls of the fairer gender.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
Very polite, Always help where possible and often let others walk over you.

It's not that I let others walk over me, it's just I get teamed up against and no one has my back. This is what I go through day and day out at work. Probably will be quitting that hell hole soon. Hopefully sooner than later...

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Quite polite. This is where some cultural differences come into play, once again, but I was brought up to be very polite and sometimes people even point that out to me, for thanking, opening doors for others, and similar things.

But I can also be very blunt, in a militaristic way. It depends on the situation. I once gave my shirt to a girl I knew, after bar when getting some food on a chilly night and she was utterly taken by that gesture, going on about how rare that is and she had never even heard about anyone doing that. Given that we talked some casual stuff in a casual way in the bar before that; I actually managed to spend the night with her. And the oddest thing is: I never touched her until we got to bed, which is really strange come to think of it. There's bound to be inevitably some kind of physical contact before that. But now I'm kind of getting lost from the topic.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
My politeneness decreases as I grow more comfortable with an individual. I'm always extremely courteous to strangers, but much less so to my close friends. I guess that's a little backwards, cause it also means I'm a pretty horrible person to the people I like the most, but that's kind of how I am.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
bdcjacko said:
I'm polite and hold the door open for old ladies and shit and fuck.
This made me laugh.

Anyways: I try and be as polite as I can.
I don't let people walk all over me, but I'm just going to act like a dick toward people who don't deserve it.