Poll: How Smart do you think you are?

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
King of the Sandbox said:
Testing tells me I'm a genius.

/shrugs
Well, since this is a thread about how intelligent YOU think you are, I am going to interpret your answer as follows:

Yes, I think I am a genius, but also realize that people prize modesty. In order to appear modest while still telling everyone that I am a genius, I am going to frame it as the results of an empircal test, real or otherwise.

Alrighty then, one genius, check!

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Chefodeath said:

/shrugs
Well, since this is a thread about how intelligent YOU think you are, I am going to interpret your answer as follows:

Yes, I think I am a genius, but also realize that people prize modesty. In order to appear modest while still telling everyone that I am a genius, I am going to frame it as the results of an empircal test, real or otherwise.

Am I that transparent? Was I even trying to be, subconsciously? Is the fact that I question nearly everything representative of my supposed genius? Did you intentionally misspell 'empirical' as a test?

Who knows?

/shrugs again

Thanks, anyway.

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
Chefodeath said:

/shrugs

Am I that transparent? Was I even trying to be, subconsciously? Is the fact that I question nearly everything representative of my supposed genius? Did you intentionally misspell 'empirical' as a test?

Who knows?

/shrugs again

Thanks, anyway.
I do

Yes
No, you were doing it conciously
No
No, but I'm glad my error could give you a chance to correct me and prove your genius.

You are welcome.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Chefodeath said:
Chefodeath said:

/shrugs

Who knows?

/shrugs again

Thanks, anyway.
I do

Yes
No
No, but I'm glad my error could give you a chance to correct me and prove your genius.

You are welcome.
Ah.

Also, "consciously".

/genius wink

SirDoom

Sep 8, 2009
I honestly have no clue. To me, I'm average. Compared to most people? Uh... In highschool, I was in the top percentile. That, however, isn't saying much. Compared to the college crowd, I'm too lazy to give it my best effort, so I blend in the middle. That is also not saying much.

The only thing you can take away from your experiences is how good you are at BSing your way through when it really matters. In that regard, I'm right at the top. (For example, I BSed my way to a full tuition + room + meal plan + books scholarship. I consider that pretty good.) As far as the true meaning of "intelligence" goes, there is no way to tell. So, I'm going with average. Well, maybe a bit above average, now that I think about how the "average" person acts.

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
Chefodeath said:
Chefodeath said:

/shrugs

Who knows?

/shrugs again

Thanks, anyway.
I do

Yes
No

You are welcome.
Ah.

Also, "consciously".

/genius wink
psh, I could have gotten away with one spelling call out, but two? I know when I'm beat.

A tip of the hat sir, but beware; next time I use spell check.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
I thought I was intelligent until I met intelligent people. Now, I would say I'm average. I'm working hard to fix that. But damn, I don't want to just be another moron.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Voted "Honestly, I don't know" - Dunning-Kruger and Aristotles dropped by to say hi.

MissDK

Jan 11, 2011
Not very smart... The only thing I am good at is language, but I do know 6 of those, so it evens out I guess :D

leedwashere

Mar 17, 2011
I don't think I'm anywhere near genius level, but I do get to go to work every day and work on designing the structure of an honest-to-god spaceship (which is just as awesome as it sounds). I tend to sell myself short, and would ordinarily have just put myself on the 'moderately smart' one, but people around me seem to insist on calling me a genius, so I went with the middle ground between the two and went with 'very smart.' Also, its fun to be able to be asked what you do and drop the "I'm a rocket scientist" card :p

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I put average... then noticed the 'honestly, don't know' option.

Yeah, I don't really know. I think I'm quite clever given a lot of crap that I see/read people doing, but then the company I keep (and that includes my sparring partners) tends to be of the sort that has at least two or three sets of letters after their name, which makes me sound like a complete pretentious prick (make of that what you will). I will hastily add that the titles only add to how/why they're clever.

However, this is coming from someone who keeps a mini Periodic Table in his wallet for when he gets bored/needs it (my sister's 30th birthday party coming to mind regarding the latter).

So yeah: thick or what, eh?!

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
A 170 is impressive I've scored a 158. The key is that your given the opportunity to explorer your interests and you have the motivation to strive to succeed.

I had neither. My schools didn't recognize my disinterest in concepts I already understood and failed to test me for advanced placement, and I've never had the motivation to go out of my way for anything.

One of my favorite teacher in high school always said "There is such a big fuss about IQ (Intelligence Quotient) when what is really important is MQ (Motivation Quotient). Success isn't brilliant, it's determined."