Poll: How will Great Britain Fall?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I'm pretty sure Great Britain has already fallen.

If you're talking about how the country itself will end, I rather doubt it will for a long time, and only by something you'd have to be prescient to guess.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
We're going to sink into the sea thanks to continental drift whilst Scotland laughs at us.

It's alrady happening people!

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
PlasticTree said:
I thought Scotland already was a nation on it's own? Ah well. I think Europe will become one big country in about 50 years or so. To stand up against America, China, and possible other powerful countries.

Not that I really have a clue, like everyone in this topic, but a guess is better than another 'Not a clue!", right?
Some people in Scotland want it to become independant but I want it to stay part of Britain.

I think the UK will last.

Futurehead

Jun 30, 2008
The negativity of this thread is pretty disturbing, I for one don't think GB will fall.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Britain will fall when I unite the world as one. My communist empire would be the best thing for this planet.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
BlindTom said:
I'd like to see complete cultural absorption into the rest of Europe
Agreed.
But considering the way most British seem to feel, it's more likely the UK will be absorbed by the US than the EU.

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
Zombie infestation, 28 Days Later style. That would be epic.

Seriously, though, I don't think Britain is going anywhere for a while.

llewgriff

Feb 12, 2009
messy said:
Well being British I think it'll be a combination of;

A too PC state where all creative thought is kept silent through fear of offence so artist/comedian numbers decline and everything becomes increasingly grey and there is less and less inspiration for the youth.

Due to our instant celebrity culture getting more of a foothold more people see school/education/training as important so unemployment raises and cost of benefits increases. Our sciences and arts will suffer because of this and the lack of inspiration so innovation will stop

People loose all trust in current politicians (which is happening a fair bit at the moment with expenses fuck up) and blame unemployment on immigrants and then a party like the BNP will gain a foothold and eventually power, mass deportation of immigrants and non-whites.

Our country will no longer be great.

Maybe be a bit fatalistic but I think it's worryingly plausible

EDIT; However I will do everything possible to stop this happening (you know in a few years can't do loads at the moment)
This sounds plausible. I reckon the nations will split apart, there seems to be animosity between the four nations. Mainly towards England, but that's beacuse were jealous. Maybe we'll fall apart and join the EU as four seperate nations. Wouldn't be the end of the world though.

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
BlindTom said:
I'd like to see complete cultural absorption into the rest of Europe, but then i'm a pussy who pretends the world isn't doomed.
This. Its bound to happen soon.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Skeleon said:
BlindTom said:
I'd like to see complete cultural absorption into the rest of Europe
Agreed.
But considering the way most British seem to feel, it's more likely the UK will be absorbed by the US than the EU.
I for one will much sooner be absorbed into the EU, Its because of Americas influence our country wont say no anymore and its slowly going to creep up north. We dont want a police state or political correctness not my style.

Spirit_Of_Fire

Feb 28, 2009
Whats with all the threads about GB being invaded or destroyed? I reckon this country will collapse from the sheer amount of reality TV shows that the people in this country seem to adore.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
It will likely just degrade into such a police state that the populous rises up and overthrows the government, not unlike V for Vendetta.