Poll: How's your summer going?

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Kind of meh to be honest. It's been humid and/or rainy for most of the last two months so the weather hasn't been great.

Leonardo Huizar

Jul 1, 2012
Been using the opportunity of the weather to jog around my apartment complex and get some long overdue needed exercise. Also getting a tan in the process.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
My summer began a few days ago, and since then I've been feeling a tad ill (nothing serious, just irritating sudden cold). On the bright side, the weather has been very wintery since I've been off so I can admire the rain and the overcast weather. Good thing, too, I hate summer weather and last week I almost could not bare to walk outside.

Probably gonna spend the summer relaxing, while setting out goals I'll never actually get around to like usual. The family held me at gunpoint to set up a Facebook/Twitter a few weeks ago so I've been having fun posting absolute bullshit and being told that apparently said posts are amusing.

Jak2364

Feb 9, 2010
It's been okay. Much better than last summer at least. Finally got a job and have been able to start saving money. Unfortunately this job is only till the end of the summer, so I've gotta keep looking for something permanent. I'm just wishing I could hurry things along, I want to move and live with my friends across the country so badly.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
"Don't worry, boy. When you get a job like me, you'll miss every summer."
-Homer Simpson

I'm 29 years old with a full time job. My summer is just like my winter except that in summer, I get to play golf and I don't have to worry about snow.

Our family did do our yearly vacation (Vegas this year). Protip: Don't go to Vegas in June because holy hell it's hot. I've been there a few times but it was STUPID hot during June. Like..."I've been outside for about two minutes and I may be dying" hot.
Pretty much this minus the vacation. Love that desert air that sucks the moisture right out of you, eh? For me, when I went to Vegas, it was a nice change from the oppressive humidity and heat of Florida. I also spent the entire trip (4 days) drunk off my ass because I've never experienced a place with no "last call" at the bar. I suppose an infusion of alcohol makes the dry heat bearable because I didn't notice it at all. I didn't gamble much as I was out there for a network security convention, or more rightly a hacker convention called DefCon. I may have attended the Con, I may not have. I don't remember it much, as I said I was drunk.

Good times.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Not too bad right now.

I'm clearing out forest for extra farming space, practicing algebra problems to more easily get a structural detailing job, and shooting targets at longer ranges (200-400m) to refine my accuracy. Some agility training and tree climbing practice gets thrown in every once in a while.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Well, it's Winter here, so it's pretty awful for a Summer :p

Nah, it's been mostly good. Been playing around with New Vegas a lot, studying for my learners. Got a cold for the last few days which sucks, but I took my niece and one of her friends to go watch Ted 2.

Don't watch it, for the love of GOD don't watch it. I have never wanted to walk out of a movie until yesterday and the only reason I didn't was because I wasn't allowed (Underage niece for the movie).

I've been making solid progress on my book too, only to get hit by a wall with this cold. Need to start digging around for cover artists and am really debating getting a professional editor because they are much MUCH more expensive than first thought.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Be starting more grad work soon. Weather has been nice so far, more like cool fall days than sweltering summer, but that'll chance soon.

I dunno. Feel pretty shit lately, not sure why. No really doing much with people, friends or otherwise. Don't really feel like it.

Bought Terraria, so I'll probably just build stuff in there and try not to think about life too much. Used to do the same with Legos as a kid. Funny how nothing really changes.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Terrible. (Not as terrible as the the guy whose family/neighbors are dying/ill though...)

I took my "big vacation" in spring, when it was hot... (It was hot for two days, then it was freezing again and rainy and grey.) But that's ok, since i hadn't the money to travel for over ten years now.

Now it's either not really summer and annoying at work or SUPERHOT and annoying at work. (Apparently we finally have a new record for heat in Germany 40,3 °C)

People won't let me sleep. I am having money troubles (more than usual - My PC is crapped out since about 4 months now, my car is totally broken since 3 weeks - after i just drove with a defective brake for a few months) So far... well, let's just say i am getting angry at everything

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
It's going alright, so far. I've been trying to save up money for a couple big purchases coming up, so I've been working a whole bunch of double-shifts lately. Mostly covering for coworkers who took vacation time. It's not a particularly stressful job and I actually like all of my coworkers, so I can't complain. It can't hurt for the performance review I've got coming up soon, either.

I will be taking a day off soon though to take my niece to the New England Aquarium. That's something to definitely look forward to.

Mar 30, 2010
I'm spending this summer working, just like last summer. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. But the one before that I was studying, because I was still in college.

Zaeseled

May 17, 2011
I'm working myself to the bone cause our area is a tourist hotspot during summertime so it's the only time to make any money. I've asked for all the hours I can get my hands on at work and even if summer season is 1/3rd done I'm already feeling really burnt out.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Surprisingly bad, have been pretty sick last weeks and i do absolutely not expect it to go better if i get well tomorrow since they are gonna renovate my apartment

I fncking hate moving

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
Graduated years ago, so pretty much the same as always, only warmer.

Which means it fucking rocks.

Work > School. Real easy part time job that often pays as much as a low-end full time job that I actually enjoy? Get to sleep in every day and still have a ton of free time? Spend most of my time driving around listening to my music? Yeah, it's a pretty sweet gig. Honestly, I don't get why delivering pizzas gets such a bad rep. Sure, it's no career and I hope to move on from it soon, but provided that you like driving and work with a good crew, it's really nice.

And I actually like the heat a lot. Having practically no body fat makes one appreciate these warmer months.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Relaxing!

I moved to a different team at work, and the atmosphere is so much more laid back, and much less hectic (despite getting through far more work). The previous team (despite sitting only 15 feet away) had a lot of issues and was constantly frantic, no matter how hard you choose to work. So it feels like I am putting my feet up. I feel like (if I wanted) I could literally waste two hours of my day browsing pointless shit internet, and I'd still get everything done. I don't know how I'll cope.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Well so far I've:

[ul]
[li]Moved house[/li]
[li]Helped out with some open days for my university and got paid £10 an hour for doing so[/li]
[li]Started reading the most amusing set of lecture notes I have ever read [http://www.scottaaronson.com/democritus/][/li]
[li]Received confirmation that I shall be graduating with a First Class Masters with Honours[/li]
[li]Won the award for Best Research Project for my dissertation[/li]
[li]Met some cool dudes in London [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.878078][/li]
[li]And I have planned my month-long holiday for this summer[/li]
[/ul]

So things have been pretty sweet so far.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Working, as always. My job sucks in the summer thanks to the heat and increased evening foot traffic.

Staying inside. I'm not a fan of heat or blazing sunshine so I generally huddle by the air conditioner and wait for fall.

Trying to get my brother's wedding present done. I stupidly decided I wanted to produce artwork for him. I only have two weeks left.

Working on a massive Ravenloft campaign I'm going to run for my group when we finish the Runelords book.

Trying to beat Zombie Shooter 2 on Impossible. When they say Impossible, they aren't kiddin'.

Rahkshi500

May 25, 2014
Very unusual where I live. I've been getting more days of cloudy rain storms and cool days instead of any bright hot sunny days like before. I don't think I have any vacations and stuff planned either. If anything, I'll probably try to use the time being to try and catch up on some of my games that are still hanging around unfinished.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I'm doing what I do every summer.
Struggling not to overheat in this god awful weather.
20 C+ is pretty much death for me.
The most travelling I'm doing is going for walks, or going for, like, 30 minute drives to appointments and such. Way too hot to go out for pleasure.