Poll: I made a cake!

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
I may also have made a mess. Now, whilst I'm waiting for it to cool so I can see if it's any good (EDIT: It's pretty good):
Anyone else here bake? Any good at it? And if you happen to be in the north-east of england, will you make me a cake and/or cookies?

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
ITS A LIE AND YOU KNOW IT!

Yaaaa, I made my first cake is a lie.

Yes I bake, pretty damned well too. Comes with being raised by a wild pack of women.

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
I bake, same reason as the dude above me, I was raised by a bunch of women.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I cook a multitude of things in my free time (Being that I live alone) and baking is something I do on occasion. I'm much better at dinner foods, but I can bake some things very well (Homemade pies, souffles, cream puffs, and the like).

Dec 15, 2009
I can bake but prefer to cook by a huge margin. It is far more free form and creative. The trick to not making a big mess is a combination of mis en place and cleaning as you cook, bake or whatever. (For those who don't know mis en place is having everything out and pre-measured before you start cooking.)

FreakSheet

Jul 16, 2011
I am quite an avid baker my self. I just don't do it very often because of how bad it is for you. (all sugar and fat. delicious, but... delicious...)

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I had to bake a load of stuff throughout secondary school and I liked the cupcakes I had to make one week. Baked one more batch at home then couldn't be bothered with all the preparation and work after that.
Not that it was a lot, but it's a lot more than opening a pack of 'em. I'm also very, very lazy.

That's the extent of my baking experience. Riveting tale, I know.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
What was in it?

I don't think I can bake. I've never tried.

WolfmanNougat

May 14, 2009
Can't say I've ever given cake-baking a go. I have made a pasta bake though. And while it's not really the same as cake in any way, it did turn out pretty well for what it was so hey, maybe I could make a decent cake if I tried.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Can't. At all.

Also, I've never really tried. In any case I won't like it, for the same reason I don't like cooking.

When I cook, I cook because I am hungry. Cooking takes a long time when you're hungry, and then you're standing there with potential food right in front of you, smelling good and all. See where I'm going with this? Cooking is torture, that's where.

Bioluminescence

Dec 2, 2010
I love baking. Decorating cakes can be really fun. I'm actually going to be baking my cousin's wedding cake in a month. I'm excited, but it's kind of stressful as well.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I just recently made some delicious cake. The problem is that it's really big and doesn't stay fresh for long, but at least that gives me an excuse to eat a lot of it.

I'm also carrying on the secret family recipe for chocolate chip cookies, because no one else in my generation can bake or cares enough to try.

EDIT: Pub Club subscription just ran out. Finally saw my first Captcha.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
When it comes to cooking, I'm pretty helpless. I know how to make hot dogs and beefaroni ... and hassleback potatoes! :D

Feb 7, 2009
I learned to make a cake in the wilderness of Wyoming when I was there on a month long backpacking/mountaineering course. We made the cakes from scratch and baked them in the Fry-Bakes on MSR stoves. They turned out really well. We also learned to make yeast dough from scratch. We used that to cinnamon rolls, loaves of bread, and even pizzas.

So, to answer your question: yes, I love to cook and bake.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
I happen to be an excellent baker. :3 I love making desserts! It's my specialty. lol

Davatehi

Dec 23, 2010
Indeed I do. I love baking! It's a great way to eat tasty things.
Though some times when I get going it can go... out of hand, haha.

Cymen

Apr 3, 2010
Dad, I'm in cake
I'm proud of you, son
Dad, are you cake?
Yes. Now we are a family again.