Poll: I think you just broke the game!

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
Oblivion. Oh so very much. Shivering Isles especially, with all the weird terrain around that you can exploit, it's just asking for you to exploit the not-very-smart AI. Of course, occasionally, it'll surprise you. Elytra are rather skilled at getting to you on a variety of terrain types... And, yeah, the 100% Chameleon thing totally breaks the game. You can shank an enemy in the back 5 times with 100% Chameleon and he'll dismiss it as being the wind, even as you mock him in the voice of TF2's Spy. Or maybe that last part is just me... But yeah, enchanting stuff of your own or creating your own spells is a great way to break the game. I personally have two bows that will cause any hostile creature or NPC to briefly turn to my side just long enough for him to get in a fight with his buddy, and since NPC's can't yield to each other, they invariably kill each other while I snigger from the shadows. It's almost as if the game wants you to break it...

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
That glitch for the Flamelurker boss in Demon's Souls.

Stand behind the bones near the entrance and that ************ will just keep running without moving, then you can just keep shooting him with magic :D

lilyana60

Jul 14, 2009
In Borderlands, on the vehicle boss, I was having trouble so I got my own vehicle stuck on the ramp into the arena where you fight him, and just nuked everything from up there. I did have to jump out eventually, but I did enough damage to the boss that I could kill him on my own after that.

DaOysterboy

Apr 4, 2010
There was also that time I joined a Left 4 Dead game and inhabited a knocked down survivor right as everyone else jumped on the escape vehicle and got the "untouchables" achievement. (No survivor takes any damage during the finale battle.)

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Kind of. I used to go through all shooters extremely slowly and methodically, back to the wall watching my ammo/health kits etc. And since a lot of them don't expect you to do this it would make it all too easy. I had a feeling I was missing out on something so I've wizened up since then. Nowadays I go guns blazing, no questions asked into every situation and it's good living. :D

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
If its in the game, its legit. Usually I play it the way it was meant to be but occasionally I find a glitch or think of a way around a puzzle the developers didn't figure out.

The Mick

Dec 16, 2008
Don't know if this counts but back in FFX I beat the Sin Spawn boss with shear will power, I never spent the time to learn how to level up and I never opened the sphere grid. It was really hard using only the basic stuff the game gives you.

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
Have found things that breaks the game, but I gets to bored if I uses them. So I just ignore them and plays the game the way the developer meant it to be played.

Sir Bob

Jan 14, 2010
Had great fun collecting the 40ish K gold it took to enchant a full set of armor with permanent invisibility, lost interest in the character 30 seconds after making the armor set.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
I am an expert at breaking Pokemon Red and Blue. Yeah, everyone's messed with Missingno., but I go beyond that. I've beaten the Gyms in (almost) reverse order, walked through walls, and wandered around Glitch City. I traded shiny Ditto, Mew, Tyranitar and Lugia from my Blue version into my Gold Version. All this was without even using cheat codes, thanks to the cobbled-together nature of Red/Blue's programming.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
The Timesplitters moose boss battle... hilarious if you move into the little hole where he came out of he can't attack you, rendering a quite interesting boss fight easy.

A lot of places in that game are actualy quite broken, such as harpoons getting stuck in water.

JWW

Jan 6, 2010
When I was playing Halo 3 on the last level (known as "Halo"), I accidentally stumbled upon a room with some kind of Forerunner computer that told about how desperate they were to defeat the Flood. It was one of the few times that the Halo Universe truly interested me.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
toadking07 said:
What I'm talking about is that epic battle that came down to you hiding in a corner where the Boss Monster couldn't reach you while you whittle away its health with a pistol.
Yeahhh, that's happened to me a few times. I'm not exactly proud of it, but it's rare enough that when I stumble upon it, I exploit it. Last time it happened was in Mass Effect 2, on the hardest difficulty setting ("Insanity" was it? I always get it confused with "Nightmare"), in the Garrus loyalty mission: two mechs were stuck by a few platforms, and couldn't reach me, so I just gunned them down with my little pistol, taking my sweet time. Kinda cheapens the achievement, you say? I disagree! That fight at the end when you get the Reaper IFF, with the swarms of husks amply made up for it, I say!