Poll: I want to have a different type of discussion on piracy.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011

I believe this to be somewhat relevant.

Now back to my own opinion: It's just another form of trying to justify doing something illegal. Actually caring about the charity would be either giving up the game to spare the money for charity, or generating the money from somewhere else. Although I still reckon, as someone who lives on just under 2/3rds of the official poverty threshold in the UK, that you can still donate to charity and buy games with proper budgeting.

Pirate1019

Sep 23, 2009
If you want to put money to a good cause and still play games then you need to nut up and start diving into the very affordable indie/freeware game market instead of trying to justify your theft of AAA titles. AAA games are only called AAA games because there are less expensive options available.

Hell, on top of donating all of that spare money you have left over from buying cheap indie titles, you could even buy the next Humble Indie Bundle and designate every penny you put toward it for Child's Play.

If you're pirating games for any reason other than to demo it before making a decision to purchase, then you're being a dick blister. End of story. Don't try to sugar-coat that massive penis you have connected to your neck instead of a head.

Yes, I've pirated games before. No, I have never made excuses about it.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
No this is still piracy. What you choose to do with your money is your choice, and giving to charity isn't a free pass to "acquire" what you would otherwise have spent your money on.