Poll: If someone walked into your room, could they tell that you are a gamer?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
ohhhhh....yeah

when I think about it pretty mcuh all of the (many many) posters and stuff on my walls are gaming related (got this HUGE dead space 2 one)

I have lots of action figures..gaming related....comics on the walls..gaming related

the TV, the playstaition..and the laptop (though just an ordinary one)

if not gaming somthing definetly

MasterMasamune

May 3, 2012
I technically have two rooms due to my TV and game consoles not being able to fit in one room. The room with my TV and consoles has a PS2, Wii, N64, and Mega Drive. Both rooms have two gaming posters each out of the four posters each room has. My bedroom only has a Super Street Fighter IV poster and a poster titled "The Periodic Table of Game Controllers", the latter being the first thing you'll probably see when walking into the room. The other has an NSMBW poster and a poster with a bunch of gaming-related Keep Calm parodies. Considering putting my brother's Master Chief helmet replica in one of my rooms. So, my bedroom: probably. My other room: oh yeah.

EDIT: Forgot to mention my DS and GBA in my bedroom, but considering they're both on my nightstand, which also has a Rubik's Cube, a calender, an alarm clock, and some dishes (a lot of the time), I couldn't blame someone if they missed them. My games for both handhelds are all in my nightstand's storage space and easy to miss unless you're right in front of it. My bedroom is usually home to my laptop, but it isn't used for gaming.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
A Wii besides my TV with around 20 games...so I guess yeah.
But the first thign everyone notices is the fact that you can barely see my wall that's covered in Kiss, Maiden, Tenacious' D, Nightwish posters, also one Pulp Fiction, LiverpoolFC and Zelda poster.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Eh, maybe. I DO have an entire shelf dedicated to games. On the other hand, they'd probably notice the large quantities of Transformers decorating my other shelves BEFORE they noticed the games.

optimusjamie

Jul 14, 2012
Leemaster777 said:
Eh, maybe. I DO have an entire shelf dedicated to games. On the other hand, they'd probably notice the large quantities of Transformers decorating my other shelves BEFORE they noticed the games.
Who are you and why are you pretending to be me?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
optimusjamie said:
Leemaster777 said:
Who are you and why are you pretending to be me?
I'm a robot from the future, specially designed camouflage myself as posters on internet forums.

I guess you could say I'm a...

*takes off sunglasses*

...robot in disguise.

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Considering my room is full of gaming related doo dads I'd say maybe :p

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Let's see...
-I've got a PC with two monitors up
-A 360 on a shelf below this PC
-A corner full of cables
-Various handhelds/wireless controllers scattered about
-A few (ever increasing) drawers and shelves filled with games
-And a map of Cryodil and Skyrim on one wall

So I'd probably say yeah.

4thhokage528

Jul 12, 2012
not really since most of my gameing stuff is in my living room.theres a little big planet poster on my room door which might give them a hint but if they walked into my living room theyd no at aonce sinse ther is a ps2 ps3 and wii in the tv shelf with my wii game cas and my ps3+ps2 games.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Hmm well my billion game posters MIGHT be a give away lulz. Majority of them are L4D2 campaign posters. Got some TF2 statues laying around my desk and shiny ultra leet looking PC that you wouldn't find at best buy soooo I guess so.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Might not be able to identify me as a video gamer, but there is plenty of other game paraphanelia lying around my room that there would be no doubt in the mind of the average observer. Between the ton of warhammer stuff in a display case, the pen and Paper RPG books and the assortment of airsoft and larping gear my shelf full of games kind of fades into the background.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Well in my room, there is a big bed, a pair of escrima practise sticks (rattan batons as it were), a set of 3 throwing knives, a modern tanto style combat/survival knife, a pile of various tools, ratchets and hammers and such, mainly for repairing cars/trucks. So you tell me, does that sound like it screams Gamer? Or is it more of weapon junkie/mechanic.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Nnnnooooooooo? I only have my computer in here, who does not have a computer
And a bag of games in a dark corner of the room

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010

I think so. Big TV with gamecube/360 plugged into it, big gaming PC with gaming keyboard/mouse (although shitty monitor atm) and there are a lot of games stored in it.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
No, but if they looked on my shelf then yes. Because I live with my family, like most fourteen year-old guys, my console is in the living room.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
Computer, Xbox, games, controller, turtle beach headset, Fallout 3 and Resident Evil 4 posters. Yeah it's kinda obvious.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
They would be able to tell I'm a rabid FC Barcelona fan but not so much a gamer. My PS3 isn't even in my room.

Chanel Tompkins

Nov 8, 2011
Depends on where they look. I mean, I've got a game art poster on my wall, but it's one of the side walls, not the one right across from the door. I also have a lot of game cases in my bookshelves, but with the labels turned in so they'd have to recognize them for game cases, and I don't keep my other game stuff in my room. Eh, guess it depends on the age of the person in question mostly.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Not my room, per se, but definitely by my TV room.

An HD tv, a shelf with all 3 current-gen systems, a Desktop, a laptop, and a bookshelf stuffed with disk cases.