Poll: If They Made "Mirror's Edge 2" Would You Play it?

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
If it was better than the first, then yes. I haven't played the first, but it can only get better from there!

mirror's edgy

Sep 30, 2010
You might have guessed that I was quite into Mirror's Edge, and I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel that WILL come one of these days. It was a strikingly unique and visually impressive game with a lot of difficulty and story problems. With experience and a better development schedule, I think the sequel has real potential. I just hope EA is willing to take a little risk.

Phoenix_XIII

May 15, 2011
If EA would make this, their reputation with me would be bettered. I mean, the reason I really don't like EA that much is because I'm tired of sports games. :p Since Parkour is a sport, I'd let Mirror's Edge 2 slide, but I'm getting tired of the same sports game, different year approach to their games.

Izakflashman

Dec 18, 2008
Every day I wake up and there isn't news of a mirrors edge sequel I weep a tear.

I just hope whatever they make next doesn't involve quick time events or something like that to make it easier for some people. Or turning into "Mirrors of Duty" where you carry a million guns around.

Phoenix_XIII

May 15, 2011
Izakflashman said:
Every day I wake up and there isn't news of a mirrors edge sequel I weep a tear.

I just hope whatever they make next doesn't involve quick time events or something like that to make it easier for some people. Or turning into "Mirrors of Duty" where you carry a million guns around.
QTE's and Guns: the roots of all evil.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Now that's one sequel that I want to be made. I would probably rent it because I made a mistake preordering the first one, but it's still an amazing concept that deserves more tweaking.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Yes!

Although I rather doubt it is within EA's capabilities to produce a decent sequel to that game. They'd probably take out most of the parkour and replace it with more shooting.

Kevonovitch

Apr 15, 2009
hell no, first one was an interesting concept, but, could have be executed smoother, if not nessisarily better, aswell as, leaving in game breaking/crashing bugs and saying "we'll get on it later, brb going to roll in monies now" dosen't exactly incline one to buy again -_-

Jul 9, 2008
Zhukov said:
Yes!

Although I rather doubt it is within EA's capabilities to produce a decent sequel to that game. They'd probably take out most of the parkour and replace it with more shooting.
Being fair, it was DICE, not EA (though they published it) that made the first game, so I'd hope that they'd be in charge of the sequel. Given that Mirror's Edge is not the type of game that you'd make expecting a sure-thing huge return, I'd say there was probably at least some amount of genuine artistic motivation behind it. In other words, they probably wouldn't fuck up the sequel too badly by switching to "safe" aspects.

Then again, the fact that it didn't sell too well, IIRC, means that that could be the only way they'd get financial backing for a sequel. I like to think that wouldn't be the case, but it probably is. Still, as great (if unpolished) as the first game was, and as disappointed as I'd be in that event, I would still take an FPS with light parkour (rather than the other way around, like in ME1) with open arms. Not the direction I want the franchise to go (assuming it is, in fact, going anywhere), but a hell of a lot better than nothing.

s0meNo0b

Feb 21, 2011
Ehh, probably not. I had my bit of fun with the first Mirrors edge, but it's not something I'll be getting into.

ajofflight

Jun 5, 2010
I'd probably have to. Despite the (in my opinion, minor) flaws in the original, I enjoyed it, and I'd have to at least give it a try.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Of course! I loved the first game and I would love to play another one, besides the one on the app store.

PlasmaFrog

Feb 2, 2009
Definite yes, even if it turned out to be a massive shit fest.

This was quite honestly one of the most original experiences that I've played in a while. The ability to free run, find your way freely around combat situations and the excellent visuals really took my breath away. The game is not nearly as frustrating with how people make it seem, you'll fall a couple of times but that doesn't mean that you can't get back up and try again.

Trust me, it's good.

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
So I like to finish any game that I start. It's a thing with me.

Out of all the games I've played, there are only a couple I haven't finished. Usually because I just couldn't get by some one point.

Currently I have 4 games unfinished.
2 - because I just haven't finished them yet, but I will get around to it:
*Bladestorm 100 Years War--gosh that game just seems to go on and on and on...and it is a tad repetitive. So I run a few missions until I get bored, then play some other game, finish that game, and then come back and play some more.
*GTA: San Andreas--I'll finish it. I think I was stuck on some mission and I have all these newer shinier 360 games calling to me.

2 - because I'm stuck on one particular point and I can only repeat the same moment then die over and over so many times before I decide to move on to another game.
*Gears of War 1--I'm at one fight near the end...but I have an unwise weapon loadout and die over and over. But I keep trying.
*And......Mirror's Edge--There is this one part, where I have to wall run alongside a skyscraper, then jump to land on a hanging bunch of scaffolding (which you can't see when you are running)...and every single time I miss the scaffolding. I don't run far enough so when I jump, I just jump into space and die. I run too far and then just slide off the building and die. I time the jump right...but the jump is far enough and I fall into space and die.

Over and over and over. It gets very old.

So. Unless I can get through this one spot...I won't be getting Mirror's Edge 2.
But I haven't given up hope that I'll get past this one spot!

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
If they made it about 3 hours longer (at least) than the first, let the forced combat situations die and random fucking quick time events die in a hole, and actually set the majority of the thing outside, then I might just be playing my favorite game of next year.