Poll: If you could do without one bodily function...

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Sleep, no question. I have a horrible sleep cycle anyway.

Just as long as I no longer feel sleepy anymore, though.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I can't imagine the sheer amount of options that are opened up to you if you no longer need to breathe. You do anything, from being an awesome life-guard, through working in toxic/inhospitable environments, all the way to easy mountaineering.

Bare in mind, without needing to breathe, you would never get out of breath, sure you'd get tired, and maybe ache a bit. But having no need to breathe makes you a bit of a superhero.

Also, not needing sleep would get old, and boring... very fast.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
If I could live without the need to eat... well that would be just fine.

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
Chemically based mental illness. Seriously, I'd give it up in a heart beat.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
breathing, think about it. You could swim much further without drowning!

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
Well, any one of those is a good choice I think, but I think I'll go with sleep. Not needing sleep would just be so awesome.

bruggs

Jul 29, 2011
Breathing of course!
My lungs can now move onto bigger and better things, like filling with fluid trying to learn water gun, or maybe even hydro pump if I can evolve a bit.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Sleeping. Especially if it meant I would never get tired. The amount of stuff that I would get done would be incredible.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
TopazFusion said:
Breathing for sure.
As an asthmatic, my life would be so much better if I didn't have to breathe to stay alive.
This. "Oh no! I'm can no longer breathe because I over exerted myself and my lungs are filling to the brim with phlegm! ...No problem!"

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Hm...I guess I'd do away with pooping. I can handle peeing, and I do love sleeping and dreaming. But pooping is a bother I'd rather live without.

Dec 14, 2009
Sleep.

Which I'd assume would also remove tiredness, which means I could pretty much work on anything for as long as I want, without a lapse in concentration.

I'd assume mental fatigue would still be present, but it means I could work on something for two days straight with no real problems.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Sleep is tempting since it does take up a big chunk of time, but on the other hand a really good night's sleep is a way better feeling than a really good version of the other options. So unless the ability to sleep is still there, than I guess I will choose "defecating"

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
Breathing; I can now enter toxic rooms, can't be gassed into unconsciousness, have superior stamina, and live underwater.

iphonerose

May 20, 2011
Menstruating!! Seriously...without going into dets, ye guys don't know how lucky ye have it!

J4RD

I didn't pay for this?
Jan 4, 2010
Breathing, a million times over. Better swimming and infinite cardiovascular endurance!

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Sleeping. I know its great n all but if I didn't need to do it to live properly, I could take 2 degrees, have a job and STILL clock days at a time on Minecraft!

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Breathing.

If your muscles magically no longer required oxygen for fuel, you'd be almost Godlike with near infinite stamina and the ability to use all of your body's potential at any time, all of the time.

Not needing to breath underwater would be a mere triviality compared to your superhuman athletic prowess.

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
Damn this is tough, but I gotta say I would sacrifice sleeping. Now I enjoy sleeping, but I don't relish forcing myself to go to bed. Or getting up for that matter. So, if I could have the choice: I don't need sleep to be at my best, but I may choose to sleep if i so wish, that would be cool.

Brawndo

Jun 29, 2010
Sleeping of course. Assuming you lived to 100, you could add another 30-40 years of consciousness to use productively, or more likely, waste on the internet

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
Going with the flow and saying sleeping. I'd like to have the option, but I'd be much happier if it was optional and that I didn't have to start losing concentration every 8 hours.