Poll: If You Could Switch Your Sex/Gender...

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
I'm asking this question because a friend of mine just came out as transgender, so it got me thinking about this topic.

Hypothetical scenario... there is a pill that you can take that will rewrite your DNA for one week and turn you into the opposite sex of whatever you are now. The transformation is total, meaning you would have all the correct external and internal organs of whatever sex you turned into.

The effects would last one week. At the end of one week, you would have the option of either taking another pill to change back to the sex you were before, or another pill that would make the change permanent.

If you had this opportunity, would you do it?

Honestly, if I had the choice, I would do it for a week. I have always wondered what being female would be like. And no, I'm not just talking sexually or romantically. I'm talking just, ya know, living day to day life as a woman.

However, I have never had the thoughts that my friend was having. I don't see myself as a woman. I have always considered myself cisgendered (that means I was born male and I consider myself male). So I would probably take the pill to change back after a week. I think it would be an interesting perspective to have for a week, and might lead to better understanding.

So... as the poll says. Would you do it?

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Absolutely, should be interesting. I appreciate being a woman but I'd like things from a mans perspective and to see what they talk about away from women.

If I could experience it emotionally that'd be good too because the thought process of some men completely baffle me..

EDIT: the week pill. I enjoy being a laaaydee.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I'd definitely do it for a week but then I'd change back.
I'm sure most people in the thread will want to switch back.

My first action as a man would be to pee, everywhere. I would also probably have a wank to see what that feels like.
EeveeElectro said:
Absolutely, should be interesting. I appreciate being a woman but I'd like things from a mans perspective and to see what they talk about away from women.

If I could experience it emotionally that'd be good too because the thought process of some men completely baffle me..

I feel bad because you want to understand their emotions and psyche whereas the first thing that came to my mind was playing with my temporary wang.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Nope, wouldn't do it.

I've never understood the whole curiosity of what it'd be like to be the other gender. Quite happy being just who I am and I honestly don't want to be anyone else, not even for a week.

As for better understanding the other sex, I don't buy that. Gender is certainly an influence on who a person is but I think it's just one of dozens, it doesn't determine the type of person someone is and I don't believe you can just isolate that influence, pin it down and claim that these certain factors influence all people of that gender everywhere, certainly not through a week of absurdly biased anecdotal evidence.
I'd say it's more likely that being the other gender for a week would lead to a lesser understanding of the other sex as people have quite the tendency to extrapolate their own personal experiences over everyone else instead of actually listening to them.

The only real consequence I see would be a week of living in a body that I do not consider my own and would likely be very much uncomfortable in. Considering the lengths transgender people go to to avoid such a situation I feel safe in saying I would very much like to avoid it.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Colour-Scientist said:

My first action as a man would be to pee, everywhere. I would also probably have a wank to see what that feels like.
EeveeElectro said:

I feel bad because you want to understand their emotions and psyche whereas the first thing that came to my mind was playing with my temporary wang.
LOL! Actually the first thing I'd do is wank because I hear our orgasms are sooooooooo much better so I'd wanna test it. I thought I shouldn't be so vulgar though. >.>

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
EeveeElectro said:
Colour-Scientist said:

EeveeElectro said:

LOL! Actually the first thing I'd do is wank because I hear our orgasms are sooooooooo much better so I'd wanna test it. I thought I shouldn't be so vulgar though. >.>
just whatever you do, don't experiment getting hit in the balls.

It is NOT worth it.

I have a feeling there is going to be a LOT of disappointment from either end of the trade. Lets see if I can hit the 1 hour orgasim mark!

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
EeveeElectro said:
Colour-Scientist said:

EeveeElectro said:

I guarantee you that at least 90% of the "currently male, would become female if they took the pill" crowd would masturbate right off the bat after becoming female, because that's what WE have always heard about female orgasms (that they are awesome). Our's last for about two seconds and then we're done.

Hell, that's the first thing I would do. Then I would have to figure out what to do next. =P Probably try on some female clothing.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
As a guy, hell to the fuckin' no. I like just putting jeans and a shirt on and calling it an outfit when I wake up every day.

Actually, I might consider it just to know what jilling off feels like, but outside of that, I'm fine with my current gender.

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
Ryotknife said:
EeveeElectro said:
Colour-Scientist said:

EeveeElectro said:

just whatever you do, don't experiment getting hit in the balls.

It is NOT worth it.

I have a feeling there is going to be a LOT of disappointment from either end of the trade.
Actually that might be a good perspective experiment. Get hit in the balls once so that when you change back and YOU kick a guy in the balls who is being a tool to you, you understand just how much damage you're doing. Maybe give you a little more satisfaction. Hehe.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
Probably, yeah.
At this point I would strongly prefer it not to be permanent, though.
Much too used to being like I am at the now. So much so, that I'd likely be a bloody lesbian during the temporary switch.
I imagine the first thing anybody would do would be to retreat to their bathroom and examine certain parts of themselves in great detail.

It would be an interesting experience.
Perhaps not the most comfortable one, perhaps not even the most safest one (these pills reek of danger and intrigue), but most certainly interesting and without a doubt unique.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I'm a pretty open mined person and not a lot offends me ethically or morally unless it's actually hurting someone else so i adhere very much to the saying "what ever floats your boat," so I'd definitely try it just for a week just to say I'd done it and also just out of pure curiosity, I mean I'm perfectly happy with my sex and gender and wouldn't ever permanently change the fact I'm a male and identify as such, but for a week I'd give it a shot, hell it'd probably just reaffirm my current identity since I don't at all envy women's periods or the need to always look pretty; I like getting up in the morning and throwing on whatever I want thank you very much.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
No . Because i'm sure i would end up dead or with one or several STDs. I would be a complete slut if i was born a woman . Give me a week and i'd sleep with more ( different ) people than i have in 7 years . I would do every and anyone . Hell i'd probably get to sleep with more women than i have in the last 7 years . Because i would not only sleep with men but women too .

...yeah i'm a terrible person .

Resetti's_Replicas

Jan 18, 2010
Does it have to be a female version of myself, or just a female? Because in terms of attractiveness, I'm on about the same level as a warthog. I know that that sort of thing would be a lot more difficult if I was a girl.

The only deal I would consider is Ranma 1/2, anything less temporary isn't for me.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I'm transgendered, so I'm kinda doing that already. I wish it was both that simple and that advanced though. What we have right now I'll admit is rather crude, especially if you transition later in life.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
So... does this wonderous pill only do physical changes or does it affect your whole life? Because I can imagine a few people would be weirded out if you suddenly switched gender. Also, it's be a load of work to get all of your IDs changed or for one week basically live as a ghost.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I'd take take the temp pill just to see if everything reaffirms what I'm pretty sure I've known since I was 13.
Then I'd most likely take the permanent one without a second thought.

Congrats to your friend by the way OP. That's a big first step, and not an easy one by anyone's standards.

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
Resetti said:
Does it have to be a female version of myself, or just a female? Because in terms of attractiveness, I'm on about the same level as a warthog. I know that that sort of thing would be a lot more difficult if I was a girl.

The only deal I would consider is Ranma 1/2, anything less temporary isn't for me.
For the sake of this "what if", let's say that the pill can be coded so that you can not be the female (or male) version of yourself. You can look totally however you want.

So... does this wonderous pill only do physical changes or does it affect your whole life? Because I can imagine a few people would be weirded out if you suddenly switched gender. Also, it's be a load of work to get all of your IDs changed or for one week basically live as a ghost.
Same thing.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Clearly, the OP likes popping pills.

I'd try it for the week, it's only fair that given the chance, we see what it's like to live as the opposite gender. However, I'm 99% certain I'd go right back to being a dude once the week is over.

Waffle_Man

Oct 14, 2010
EeveeElectro said:
I'd like things from a mans perspective and to see what they talk about away from women.
That's something I'm still trying to figure out and I'm pretty sure I've been a man for more than a week.