Poll: If You Could Switch Your Sex/Gender...

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
Yes, I would take it. Not sure if I would change back or not, see which I prefer. Ideally I could keep a number of the pills, switch back and forward between the two when I want.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I'd stay the same, women are not taken seriously most of the time, they are objectified most of the time and a side note, I'd be a lesbian if I were female. Gay people do not get the same chances that straight, white males get.

Also I'm the teeniest bit homophobic, I just don't understand gay people and I kinda fear the concept of "gay" a tiny bit. No I won't be rude or brash, but I have apprehensions.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
It's an interesting idea, but aside from some very basic biological questions, and some of the more superficial social issues, I'm not sure how much you'd learn about things in just a week.

Many of the most difficult things you'll probably be faced with are to do with social interaction. And understanding those well takes years, especially if you haven't given them much consideration before.

(Aside from which, even if you're aware of them in theory, it can still really catch you out to experience them first-hand.)

I would find it interesting if everyone had to live like that for a year, though only if they were actually treated the same as everyone else, and not treated strangely for having undergone this change...

I think people would learn a lot. XD

But eh. As to the question applying to me personally...

Heh. Well, if only it were that easy... Nothing like going through puberty all over again (especially because even in an ideal case in regards to how you are percieved by others, people would still not expect you to be dealing with all the physical, emotional and re-learning things teenagers go through...)
So... Yeah. Puberty all over again. There go another 7 years of hormonal hell. XD

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Sabitsuki said:
These topics always have a rather bewildering trend of guys thinking that becoming a woman, and therefore a lesbian, turns life into a non-stop sex-venture, as if all we do is throw ourselves at eachother with the slightest provocation. I've yet to experience this for myself.
That actually baffles me as well, as seeing as I'm one of those trangender people that seems to have inspired this topic to begin with, I can say with some degree of certainty that my sex drive is almost non-existent now after all those hormones actually kicked in. (Well, to be precise, it's actually a drug that more or less stops your body producing hormones of it's own that's had the biggest effect.)
Especially compared to what I used to be like, I have almost no interest in sex now.

I wonder if this little thought experiment was actually possible, how many guys would go into this thinking they'd spend all their time having sex, only to find they lose all interest in actually doing so... XD

(Although... The other possibility is trying something and being seriously freaked out by it. But I guess that is a little more influenced by your state of mind.)

Yeah... As usual, the reality is probably not like people that haven't experienced anything like that will expect...

mbarker

Nov 12, 2008
I had to think about this one for a while and I chose take the pill then take the pill to make it perminant. This is the ultimate reset button. You can start a new life from scratch and do things differently. I might take better care of myself if I was a chick also.

DragonStorm247

Mar 5, 2012
Would switch to female for a day maybe, if only to try out the parts and get off furiously to my (presumably) attractive body.

ShipofFools

Apr 21, 2013
I am not sure. I was born a man and got used to it really quick. It would be nice to see a woman's perspective on things,but face it: I'll just play with my new parts all day until I fall asleep, so that is not the most noble of things.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
I just wish everyone could do it for a week.

I like being a woman, but it would also be interesting to experience what being a man is like.
Best case scenario is that we all have an equal understanding of the inherent and social problems each face.
Worse case scenario...we get nothing out of it, and the ladies were just more interesting fiddling the flute and the guys feeling the melons for an entire week.

Kaisharga

Dec 5, 2007
Hm. Not having to deal (nearly as much) with facial hair? Plus.
Girl parts to mess around with and figure out and understand and try out? Super plus.
Slightly different waist to hip ratio? Meh, not a problem.
Girls can get haircuts and wear jeans/shirts/jackets too, so that's not a problem. It probably wouldn't even telegraph.
Loss of some muscle mass? Eh, acceptable loss. I wasn't really using it anyway.
Similar, if slight, increase in general stamina? Also kind of meh but I'll take it.
Being able to still have sex-brain even after climax? Oh yes, this is the big selling point. This is huge. Huge!

Really, changing from biological male to female doesn't need to change all that much. A lot of the things that we take as signaling markers for male/female gender are highly mutable--hair, dress, etc. It's those niggling little bits, the most annoying uncanny-valley parts, that cause so much problem for transgender people--the Adams apple, body hair (coarser and thicker on men, and if you're dark-haired that stuff is really hard to hide without a LOT of very vigilant maintenance), voice range (fakeable, in some cases, but not so much in others), and so on.

So if you WANTED to still present with your born sex as your gender, the pill wouldn't probably cause any kind of issue (unless you identify strongly with things like having a beard, or a booming or tiny voice, etc). You'd mostly just get the elements you can keep private. Barring psychological effects of hormonal cycles (menstruation, menopause, heightened-testosterone-related aggressiveness, etc) you could even keep your personality and affect pretty well intact.

So, yeah. I'll take a month, just to get a full range of the raw data. Less than a month is just a joyride. More than a month is more of a commitment than my girlfriend would probably be willing to tolerate me undergoing, and her opinion matters in such things.

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
Dragonbums said:
I just wish everyone could do it for a week.

I like being a woman, but it would also be interesting to experience what being a man is like.
Best case scenario is that we all have an equal understanding of the inherent and social problems each face.
Worse case scenario...we get nothing out of it, and the ladies were just more interesting fiddling the flute and the guys feeling the melons for an entire week.
You're saying that like it's a bad thing. =P

Seriously though, even just exploring the other sex's sexuality would be a rewarding experience and an eye opener. And I am not just saying that because I'm a guy. I truly believe there is something to be learned and understood.