Poll: If you had to choose just one console for the rest of your life...

Anthan

Apr 3, 2010
What kind of a balanced poll is this? N64.. Super Nintendo... Gamecube... going right up to modern consoles like the 360 and the PS3. And yet there's no Wii?
I can see why PC was missed off, it's not really a console (under the grounds that if you called an overly hardcore PC gamer a console gamer they'd think you were being rude). However in an overly Nintendo oriented poll the most obvious one is missed off.

The Wii is obviously going to be the main Nintendo choice since you can get not only Wii games but all Gamecube and some N64, etc games on it too.
I'd pick it especially for Monster Hunter Tri and SSBB.

And most games for the 360 and PS3 you can get on the PC so it's rather redundant to want to keep one of those 2.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I chose the 360, it has it's own reasonably big selection of games, has backwards compability with the Xbox, so you could play (most of) it's games, and Xbox Live Arcade means that you can play some of the classics from the various other consoles that have been mentioned and there's also a load of great new games for it as well.

Obviously the PS3 has the same reasons going for it as well, but I'm used to the Xbox 360 over it after having it for much longer so it's just a matter of preference.

zerobudgetgamer

Apr 5, 2011
viranimus said:
as with anyone else who has sense, I would select PC.
kyogen said:
My real choice is pc, and the PS2 is fantastic, but the PS3 now has the Ico/SotC HD Collection, so it gets my vote for this poll.
Keymik said:
I choose PC. It got internetz, p0rn, knowledge and also emulaters.(If you don't know what that is then google it, because PCs got that too)
Since you three didn't bother to read the entire thread and it's 20 posts, I direct you to the following,

amaranth_dru said:
I didn't put PC because of the idea that "some" people might be inclined to emulate certain consoles on it, and also because I was looking more towards dedicated console gaming not a utility like a PC, since initially PC's weren't for games but other things.
And amaranth, if you want people to stop putting PC in the thread, make an Edit on your original post explaining.

Personally, I think I'd choose either PS3 or 360, since I don't own either and there are a fair number of games on both I want to play. Though if it's the only one I can have EVER, PS3, since I already own a large number of PS2 games.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
zerobudgetgamer said:
Since you three didn't bother to read the entire thread and it's 20 posts...
Or we did, and we feel the need to express a more elaborate opinion. I also see some love for the Dreamcast and the Wii in here, which is fine even though they aren't for me. Don't be rude.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
A ton of consoles are missing...

The 360, most everything else ports from that console to everywhere else.

Also, it never breaks [for 5 years and counting], a good thing for me. (Yeah you guys with your poorly ventilated 360's will flame me).

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
My PS3. It's a first gen, thus still has the backwards compatibility afforded by the Emotion Engine.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
If I could get a PS3 with a 360 controller, I'd probably swing that way. Competition between the exclusives is tough, but I think Sony just barely manages to pull ahead in that fight.

But if I have to use a PS3 controller, I'd rather have the 360. Hell, I'd rather have the Gamecube.

EzraPound

Jan 26, 2008
The N64 is my favourite console, but given that the PS2 has 2400 games and the N64 only has, like, 300, I would probably opt for the former if I had to select one for the rest of my life.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Wii - The reason being it is backwards compatible with gamecube, along with Wii Ware and NES, SNES titles. Also the wii itself has some excellent titles.

Since it doesn't exist in this poll I choose PS3. It has a far weaker library of old titles and a stronger current gen library than the Wii.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
A hacked PS3 that will let me play anything I want with the proper tweaking

Whyso

May 8, 2011
one of those early model ps3's with bachwards compatible, if thats not possible then a ps2