Poll: if you play pokemon how old are you.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
I played Red and Blue back when they first came out, a bit of Gold and Silver but nothing has impressed me enough to bring me back to them.

It seems lie barely anything has changed, yes I know you can tag team etc but I also find a lot of the new Pokemon themselves quite lame.

Xenobite

Mar 18, 2010
I'm 14, and I've made it obvious to my parents and closest friends that I'm getting soulsilver. I have to admit, though, I'm more of a closet pokemon player. I don't let people know, because it's kinda frowned upon to play when you're over 12 where I'm from. And I have to say, 10 is the predicted age to start playing. That's why all the characters are ten year olds.

slightly evil

Feb 18, 2010
Amnestic said:
Daystar Clarion said:
except Bidoof
Massively this. Fuck Bidoof. It speaks volumes about the pokémon when it's sole real use is being lugged around on the pokébelt as an HM Slave.
Hell yeah, and contrabersial though it may be, Pickachu can fuck off/catch Ebola as a pokemon, it was kinda cool to have around tho. (16 n' still goin btw)

Divock

Sep 29, 2009
I'm 17 right now, and yeah.

I'd like to point out that while Bidoof may suck on toast, at least it can do something.

Someone explain to me the point of Luvdisc. PLEASE.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Stopped playing it a year or so ago, great and fun game - but the two "different" games (or countrer-parts) were misleading and essentially each new Pokemon is the same as the last with a few new features and upgraded graphics. I have nothing against it, those are just some realisations I found about the series.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008

We shouldn't assign ages to games, because everyone says that gaming is for kids, too.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I liked Pokeymanns when it first came to the US in 98-99. I hated it afterwards.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I'm 17 and play, my math teacher also plays, I never asked but he has a pokewalker.

Wolveria

Jul 7, 2009
Loved Pokemon to death (I'm female by the way). Started playing in about 8th grade, stopped after a few years. Loved the show too, in the earlier stages...

This pretty much sums up my feelings for Pokemon.

I'll always love you Magikarp!

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
TheNamlessGuy said:
I'm 16 this summer, and I see no end to my Pokemon playing.

Except if they come up with some bullshit pokemon... some sort of overlord that is better than Arceus.

Then I'll stop playing the new games... maybe
You just tell yourself that. But we know better, don't we Charmander?
You'll never stop!

I'm 19 and I expect SoulSilver to arrive next Friday. So there.

Kanlic

Jul 29, 2009
I never understood the craze for pokemon. When I was young and stupid (8), I got sucked into the fad, until I realized that they just kept releasing the same game over and over again with just slightly better graphics

not to mention that they make the consumers pay full price for half the content, just so that the idiots who are willing to buy both red and blue, ruby and sapphire, or any of that other nonsense, just to test out the shear retardation that is the American consumer. there is no excuse for the developers not to include all the pokemon in one cartridge, especially since you can trade all the monsters from one version into another, meaning there is no space issue.

OT: I played the game when I was eight, realized that there were better turn-based strategies out there and went on my merry way without ever looking back

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Chapper said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
I'm 16 this summer, and I see no end to my Pokemon playing.

Except if they come up with some bullshit pokemon... some sort of overlord that is better than Arceus.

Then I'll stop playing the new games... maybe
You just tell yourself that. But we know better, don't we Charmander?
You'll never stop!

I'm 19 and I expect SoulSilver to arrive next Friday. So there.
speeking of charmander, you can get one after getting all 16 badges, just to let you know if you dident already.

Kanlic

Jul 29, 2009
SextusMaximus said:
Stopped playing it a year or so ago, great and fun game - but the two "different" games (or countrer-parts) were misleading and essentially each new Pokemon is the same as the last with a few new features and upgraded graphics. I have nothing against it, those are just some realisations I found about the series.
this is more of a nicer way of saying what I said, sorry I didn't read into the thread enough to see this already posted

Fish and Chips

Aug 21, 2009
Wolveria said:
Loved Pokemon to death (I'm female by the way). Started playing in about 8th grade, stopped after a few years. Loved the show too, in the earlier stages...

This pretty much sums up my feelings for Pokemon.

[snip]

I'll always love you Magikarp!
Alex Day ftw!
Started playing Poke'mon age 6, still playing now with no end in sight. I'm 15, and 16 this summer.