Poll: If you were forced, would you cut off a man's arm or leg?

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
You are being forced by powers greater then your own to cut off a man's limb. An arm, or a leg. Both are perfectly healthy, and they will get to keep their second, but their life will change no matter what you cut off. He's asleep, and does not know about the choice, so you are not allowed to ask him.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
I don't have the medical training to remove either appendage without the victim hemorrhaging to death.

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
Arms > Legs

You can't walk without legs but you can still wheelchair where you need to go. Without arms... Shit, there isn't a whole lot you CAN do. I mean, in time I guess you could learn, but the learning curve would be much more massive.

rubinigosa

Dec 2, 2010
I would pick the arm because you can always use the other one with minor difficulties and then after I pressed the button I remember that you can use a prostate in case of the leg (I know it exists fore arms to but the one fore legs sames a bit better)so I change my mind and pick leg.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
dagens24 said:
Arms > Legs

You can't walk without legs but you can still wheelchair where you need to go. Without arms... Shit, there isn't a whole lot you CAN do. I mean, in time I guess you could learn, but the learning curve would be much more massive.
Yes, but he still gets to keep one arm/leg, only one needs to go.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Could I not just cut off his hair, give him a new do or something?

NotSoNimble

Aug 10, 2010
Arm, I would rather loose that than a leg, so I pick that for this stranger. I think it would be easier to live one armed than having to get a fake leg/wheelchair. I have no idea tho really.

EDIT: Actually, I changed my mind, those fake legs look like they work really well. Fake arms, not so much.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Yeah arms are superior to legs.
There's plenty of everyday stuff you won't be able to do without your arm.
Also, if I lost my arm, I'd loose all ability to play instruments, which would be hell. All I need my leg for is to have something to stand on. It's not like running fast is a particularly vital skill.
A prosthetic leg will do fine; a prosthetic arm won't, so I'm going for the leg.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
zombiejoe said:
gibboss28 said:
Not really a difficult choice, leg.
And why do you find the right choice to be leg?
dagens24 said:
Arms > Legs

Summed it up perfectly, but also with the addition of Prosthesis

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
believer258 said:
Fake legs work much better than fake arms.

That said, ZombieJoe, a few of the threads I've seen from you are pretty focused on gore, death, and stuff like this. Why? Fascination? I'm just wondering.
Now that you mention it, I have done a few gore posts recently. Well gore can be used as a way to make hard choices for the escapist community, which everyone loves. And the one I made about most gruesome death was just to see what people would do. :D

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Well there are prosthetics for both. I'd say that the arm is probably more intricate through and more diverse so I'd cut off the leg. The leg is generally only used for balanced and movement and a simple replacement can fix that. Hands and by extension arms (see what I did there) tend to have more functions that a simple prosthetic couldn't do only a more advanced and expensive one. Of course If I really had the chance and I was being forced, I'd cut off the leg of the guy forcing me to do this.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
A leg, because you can get a fairly practical mock leg. But for some reason I think it's more dangerous to amputate a leg than an arm. But you're not asking that.

Link XL1

Apr 6, 2010
fake legs are definitely better cause they dont have to worry about fine motor skills. so i'd chop off the leg. however, unless i somehow know how to seal off his arteries too i think the guy will be dead no matter what i do... sorry guy, but im not doing med school for a hypothetical question