Poll: Immortality, with a catch

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Could I kill serial killers Dexter Morgan style? I'd probably do that for a while. I'd want to die eventually, though.

Mar 9, 2010
Morality is overrated and immortality would be awesome; I'm taking this deal as fast as possible. People die all the time, I only live once; if it got boring then I could just stop too.

Hawk of Battle said:
Immortality is a terrible power, why would anyone ever want it under any circumstances? If I could just get the telekinesis on its own then yes.
The time slowing down (or speeding up, I forget which) thing would be gone because you're at your peak condition. People dying isn't that big a deal, there are plenty of people to get to know. I can't think of any other ways it would be shit.

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
Reaver doesn't seem to have a problem with it.
Neither would I.
Most of the population is trash anyway.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Where do I sign up? Seriously, I'd take this deal in a heartbeat. I see no downside to it. Plenty of scum to kill, you can stop doing it whenever you get too bored and eventually die. No sickness, peak physical condition, the opportunity to see the future, loads of money (hey, invest any sum for a very long time, it's going to stack up)

Aug 1, 2010
Yes, I would.

I thought about the getting caught aspect, but to be honest, if I WAS, I could just shank other inmates until I was ready to escape.

The only real problem with this whole scheme(Ya know, besides that big moral elephant in the room) is that it would only extend to the end of humanity.

After that, it would pretty much be over.

Stemer

Nov 22, 2011
So if I kill just 1 person with locked-in syndrome (Not terminal so it counts, and it definitely qualifies as mercy killing) a year I get super-powers.
I'm gonna say yes.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Not interested in losing my humanity to gain eternal life.

I mean, what kind of life is that when your only goal is to simply exist?

Also, immortality is overrated.

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
I'd just use my telekinesis to stop one person's heart every year. Preferably someone from the Westboro Baptist Church. It'd be win-win, and untraceable.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Trezu said:
i would kill Criminal's, they deserve it more then anyone else.

go Death note up in this
This, but not to that extent. See, if you wanted to live forever, you'd have to keep killing. If you're only killing criminals, even for the most minor infractions, eventually crime will cease to exist. That being the case, eventually, you'll run out of criminals to punish.

Also, on that note (no pun intended), with Death Note, I thought up a flaw with its logic. You only have to write down the name of the person and/or the date/time they'll die... but what about people who share the same name? What if there was a perfectly innocent man named Charles Bronson? How would the Death Note distinguish between him and the murderer?
I dunno, maybe I'm forgetting something as I haven't watched the series in forever. Does it say you have to picture that person in your mind as well or something? If that's the case, what id you don't know the face of the person?
Maybe I'm thinking too much into this.

OT: I'd go for immortality, even by this method. As for getting caught, how could they catch you. If you have telekinetic powers, you could use many a method to make it look like accidents. Hell, you could go for a full house by causing 2+ cars to crash and kill multiple people in one go (the bonus for murders would stack, right?)

Personally though, I'd prefer an immortality that DOESN'T involve murder. I'd happily live forever if it was passive (as in I didn't have to do anything... I'd just be immortal. None of this Highlander stuff where everyone else who's immortal will come at me for a chance to kill me despite no personal grudge, etc)

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I think I would have to say yes. I would be like a vigilante. Only killing bad guys. World never runs out of them.

SweetNess_666

Sep 2, 2009
I would kill someone once a year for immortality, only the people who deserve it, rapists, child abusers, peadophiles, murderers etc no problem right there, I'd live forever and would be doing the world a favour to :)

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
i would totally become dexter, wiping out some of the scum of the earth. hell yes i'd do it. given the chance to just get away with it i would do it, now i get powers too!

Nyaoku

Jan 7, 2012
Telekinetic forcefield, walk into nearest battlezone, start offing the people on the other side making it look like gunshots, dissapear before your side realizes you're not another soldier. It can't be that hard.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I cannot stress enough how much immortality would suck ass. The only way I would consider this is if it was in reverse. In being immortal, every year Im alive someone who was going to die gets to live a while longer.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Assuming that the telekinetic abilities are powerful enough that I practically cannot be killed, yes. I'm sure we all would like to think we would be able to resist any will to do something like this, even if we knew the benefits of it, but I know that I'm not that strong. I might have trouble with it at first, but I'd eventually cave in.
Byere said:
Also, on that note (no pun intended), with Death Note, I thought up a flaw with its logic. You only have to write down the name of the person and/or the date/time they'll die... but what about people who share the same name? What if there was a perfectly innocent man named Charles Bronson? How would the Death Note distinguish between him and the murderer?
I dunno, maybe I'm forgetting something as I haven't watched the series in forever. Does it say you have to picture that person in your mind as well or something? If that's the case, what id you don't know the face of the person?
Maybe I'm thinking too much into this.
You have to picture their face in your mind. If you don't know both their face and their name, you can't kill them.

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Well I'd gain 20 years for killing some of the people who I don't like then I'd kill people who are generally bad people.