Poll: Inglorious Basterds?

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
EmileeElectro said:
I was meh. SO much talking, which made me lose interest. The action scenes were really good though.
And that is the problem these days. People mostly wanna see action scenes instead of suspense building.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
Tandrews said:
elcamino41383 said:
Tandrews said:
Con Carne said:
Simriel said:
Con Carne said:
Simriel said:
Con Carne said:
Simriel said:
Con Carne said:
Simriel said:
Con Carne said:
Simriel said:
Con Carne said:
It was slow, boring, and awful. Terentino (I know I'll be flamed for this lol) Needs to stop making films and go to a part of the world so we can forget he exists.
The only thing I give it credit for, is doing the same thing "Valkyrie" did....keeping it so they didn't succeed in killing Hitler.
Dude... the events portrayed Valkyrie really happened. Thats pretty much how the assassination attempt went down. Its based on real events. In Inglorious Basterds they succeed in killing Hitler. Hell they shoot his body to pieces with sub machine guns.

Yeah, I know "Valkyrie" was based on a true story.
Forgive me for forgetting how Basterds ended. I tried to block it's atrocity from memory.
Well given that it was one of the best films of the year, and frankly it was HITLER GETTING SHOT WITH MACHINE GUNS! forgetting what happened seems a bit strange
Avatar was one of the "Best Films of the year" too. I try to forget that exists also.
So what films of 2009 appealed to your amazing and obviously so much more refined than my own tastes?
I never once, said anything about my taste in movies being better than yours. I'm just stating my opinions, and you seem to be getting bent out of shape about them.
You are avoiding the question.
You're absolutely right. I am avoiding the question. I'm also avoiding a potentially stupid online debate over something as simple as an OPINION.
I am stupid now? Well that is so nice of you to say.
Ummmm.....do you read things through? I said a potentially stupid debate. I didn't say a "debate with a stupid person" What are you trying to accomplish by twisting my words?
LOL, sigh.
Right before this goes into an arguement, i'm going to bite and ask what films (Con Carne) actually likes? Honest opinion, not trying to turn this into a fight. I'm just interested to see what you'd put.
why does it matter? he doesn't like Inglorious and Avatar for his own reasons. Why does it matter what other movies he may like?
Because he singled out avatar and Inglorious and showed dislike towards them. I thought they were some of the better films out last year so i'm surprised is all. Just want to see what his taste in films is like to compare.
Fair enough. Though I agree with him, personally. In short we found both movies rather drab, long and boring. I won't really delve further into it. As far as listing others we may have liked (yes we are actually real life friends, but don't think this is me running to defend him, regardless of knowing him, with my taste in things I just agree) I really don't feel like getting into it at the moment, he can at a later time if he wants.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
It was bearable, but I almost felt like the movie didn't have a clear identity. It was unadulterated gore and seriousness randomly punctuated by seemingly misplaced gags. Admittedly, I thought it was pretty deep how the audience in Hitler's theater laughing at scenes of gore was meant to parallel the audience around you watching the film itself. But still, it wasn't too memorable for me.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
xXAsherahXx said:
Iight, this is only because my friend won't stop bitching about it. He keeps telling me to make this thread so I am.
If he wanted this thread to exist so badly why didn't he just make his own?

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Not Tarantino's best, but still pretty sweet - and some of the shots were beautiful. Had his signature slow pacing, building tension for an almost unbearable amount of time, but for me lacked the charming dialogue that sets up Pulp Fiction so well (and which I enjoyed in Death Proof).

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Canid117 said:
xXAsherahXx said:
Iight, this is only because my friend won't stop bitching about it. He keeps telling me to make this thread so I am.
If he wanted this thread to exist so badly why didn't he just make his own?
If only I could answer that...

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
I really didn't find the movie that good, I mean the title implies that it's supposed to be about the Bastards, but it's not, it focuses too much on that girl. It's like two stories trying to compete with each other. The Shoosana girl or whatever her name is makes her side a little too serious while the Bastards side tries to be too humorous, it's like the film didn't know what it wanted and tried to mesh both sides of the film spectrum together.
I'm not saying that the film was all bad, it's just it should have stuck with the title's concept and not tried to put in too much of what it wasn't on.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
BNguyen said:
I really didn't find the movie that good, I mean the title implies that it's supposed to be about the Bastards, but it's not, it focuses too much on that girl. It's like two stories trying to compete with each other. The Shoosana girl or whatever her name is makes her side a little too serious while the Bastards side tries to be too humorous, it's like the film didn't know what it wanted and tried to mesh both sides of the film spectrum together.
I'm not saying that the film was all bad, it's just it should have stuck with the title's concept and not tried to put in too much of what it wasn't on.
It's not supposed to be about the Basterds though, that's just the title of the film. The real meaning of the film that I gathered was the power of subtlety through film.

And blowing shit up.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
igissx said:
xXAsherahXx said:
Iight, this is only because my friend won't stop bitching about it. He keeps telling me to make this thread so I am. Do you like Inglorious Basterds? I say no. The plot development takes way too long and it results in nothing elaborate. Shosanna or Soshanna doesn't get killed by that guy from the beginning. The Basterds fail their plan. It may be somewhat of a comedy, but I didn't laugh, I just viewed it as stupid, now I'm going to make this a poll and you will agree that the movie sucks solely because I want to tell him that I win. Now vote damn-it!!
Well you sir! Must never watch Quentin Tarintino movies...because this is all the good stuff in his movies. None of Quentins' movies are comedies...but they weave in funny moments into the plot some what like Reservoir Dogs...im sure people remember the name giving scene...Also Quentin is known for being the king of dialouge cause everything he writes is pure gold...even if the movie isnt that good *glares at Death Proof*. And the poll isnt funny or interesting at all because your A) mentally challenged to the point that you want to win a bet by...making a forum? B) you try to trick people into making you correct so you sir

FAIL

EDIT: also i forgot to mention, i loved the movie, wasnt Quentins best but its on the same level as From Dusk Till Dawn...awsome, but too damn short!
You are a dick. No lie. I like Quentin, Kill Bill is good, and so is Sin City (guest director). I mean I really did not care about this thread, at all. I also posted that I do not care about this thread. So what the hell makes you think it is a good idea to get on my ass? You didn't even read all of this thread, you just made a premature judgment call. The double negative shouldn't be hard to figure out, and if I "fooled somebody" (which I wasn't trying to), then you have my sincerest apologies. I mean not not obviously means yes because they cancel out. So why would I use something so elementary to try to fool somebody? Me and my friend have been arguing over Inglorious for 2 weeks on and off. I figured I would shut him up. And also, why would I try to make the poll funny? So. Chill. Out.

Oh and you spelled *awesome* wrong.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
I thought it was ok. It was undeniably slow, sorta funny, and the subtitles gave me a headache. (Reminds we why I don't watch Bollywood movies anymore). Waltz was amazing though. Who else can make asking for a glass of milk sound like a threat?

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
xXAsherahXx said:
The Basterds fail their plan.
You clearly haven't seen the movie, redo the thread once you have, also, your poll question is so backwards that I believe you already know that most people like the movie and are trying to trick us, like you did me, cause I voted the wrong way...

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Instant K4rma said:
I really liked it. I am a huge Tarantino fan, and I would say he really did well with Basterds. His best? No. Nothing, Tarantino or not, tops Pulp Fiction in my eyes, but it's still a fantastic film. I actually just picked it up on DVD not too long ago.
You like Pulp Fiction? ORLY? Awesome fucking avatar by the way! XD

OP: I loved Inglorious Basterds and to be honest some of the 'flaws' that you pointed out were the best parts. Its nice to see a movie where what you think is going to happen doesn't.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I thought it was alright. I really enjoyed parts of it, but the movie was just too long.