Poll: Interest Check: Cube RP, with characters from other fiction!

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
I came up with this idea, and I wanted to check how it sounded.

Basically, it's the Cube with other characters from any other media. So, you could have Ebony from My Immortal burn to death in an endless cube-shaped deathtrap, or you could have all your screwed up shipping needs allowed when Karkat from Homestuck/MS Paint Adventures meets Twilight from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. However, it isn't all laughs. The other idea behind this RP would be that any character can die at any time. It's all up to the Game Master to decide who lives or dies. To ensure that favorites cannot be used, every time someone goes into a room the GM rolls on a good random generator and sets the number from 10 to 0. If the number is five or below, the room is safe and not trapped. However, if it is above 5, it's trapped and the first person in dies. You can test this whether it's trapped or not with personal items on the character (Shoes, items of clothing, watches, guns, pumpkins, etc.) but you can only do this once and those items might be useful. These items must be decided at the start, and must not be more then one. Two if shoes, and only shoes.

What do you think? I can't do this because I am playing in a roleplay right now, but I wanna see who is interested. I am also divided on if I should allow people to make new characters.

Oh, here is another thing: It'd have a really simple character sheet.

Character: Whatever character from your favorite videogame/book/TV show/film. You have to use an already created character, no others.
Items: What personal items did your character have when entering the Cube?
Would You Feel Bad If This Character Died: A yes or no question. Sees if you are ready to accept seemingly random deaths.

Ask me if you need this better explained.

Sam G

Jul 14, 2009
Fniff said:
Karkat from Homestuck/MS Paint Adventures meets Twilight from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
...How do you know my OTP!?

In all honesty, this sounds like a fun idea for an RP, and exactly the sort of thing I'd really enjoy. I'd recommend going ahead with it.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Sam G said:
Fniff said:
Karkat from Homestuck/MS Paint Adventures meets Twilight from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
...How do you know my OTP!?

In all honesty, this sounds like a fun idea for an RP, and exactly the sort of thing I'd really enjoy. I'd recommend going ahead with it.
I have to wait until the RP I am in finishes. But still, glad it's a good idea.

Zirat

May 16, 2009
This...
Is...
GLORIOUS!

I would whole-heartedly love to see such a thing happen here.

BoosterGold

Jul 21, 2010
Holy crud bunnies someone else likes cube, stupid evil tesseracts. This idea sounds like the ultra bomb digity

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
BoosterGold said:
Holy crud bunnies someone else likes cube, stupid evil tesseracts. This idea sounds like the ultra bomb digity
I heard you like My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

I like it too.

Zirat said:
This...
Is...
GLORIOUS!

Are you happy about the idea of fictional characters in The Cube, or the mechanics?

Zirat

May 16, 2009
Fniff said:
BoosterGold said:

I like it too.

Zirat said:
This...
Is...
GLORIOUS!

Are you happy about the idea of fictional characters in The Cube, or the mechanics?
Oh, I apologize for not being specific.

The entire thing is a great idea, the fictional character part I enjoy and the mechanics itself is interesting, like a survival horror sort of thing.
Either way, it's a breath of fresh air and I wish you much luck if you go through with it.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Zirat said:
Fniff said:
BoosterGold said:

I like it too.

Zirat said:
This...
Is...
GLORIOUS!

Oh, I apologize for not being specific.

The entire thing is a great idea, the fictional character part I enjoy and the mechanics itself is interesting, like a survival horror sort of thing.
Either way, it's a breath of fresh air and I wish you much luck if you go through with it.
I'll try. In fact, I was thinking of abandoning the RP I am in in favor of trying this out...Hmm. On the fence.

Zirat

May 16, 2009
Fniff said:
I'll try. In fact, I was thinking of abandoning the RP I am in in favor of trying this out...Hmm. On the fence.
Well you shouldnt abandon your current project for this, it's not like anyone'll jack your idea when you're not looking XD

But seriously, if you like the RP you're doing right now then keep with it and do this when you have time.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Zirat said:
Fniff said:
Well you shouldnt abandon your current project for this, it's not like anyone'll jack your idea when you're not looking XD

But seriously, if you like the RP you're doing right now then keep with it and do this when you have time.
Cool then.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
I am interested it really just depends when this RP is launched, also:
1. Can I pick a pokemon?
2. what if the pokemon is ghost type (same about any character that is a ghost)? because it will be hard to kill them.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
nuba km said:
I am interested it really just depends when this RP is launched, also:
1. Can I pick a pokemon?
2. what if the pokemon is ghost type (same about any character that is a ghost)? because it will be hard to kill them.
1: Yes.
2: If the pokemon/character is a ghost, then I will simply make them die in a trap that sends them to the netherworld. If the character is Immortal, then the trap will make their age catch up with them.

atwin32

Mar 14, 2011
You should make so that there are different kinds of traps, and if the character has special skills or plays smart they can avoid death.