Poll: InterRacial Dating

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Ok, so I'm a black/asian girl (i look more black though), and the first thing id like to point out is that the only guys who think im pretty are black guys. I rarely see any races dating outside of their own race. first of all i think its not fair because i dont think ill find a black/asian guy (and i dont want to), and second of all, why? how many escapists out there like to date men/women from other races?

EDIT: sorry if i missed a race there arent alot of spaces to put answers for the poll =_=
EDITEDIT: 1.) Who said anything about interracial dating being taboo? I just dont see it often where i am. 2.) White and Euro have different votes. Apparently some people dont think they belong together. And I cant change the poll options anymore apparently.

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
I'm Asian, and I prefer Asians, but I don't exactly avoid other races like my more FOB-ish peers do.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
For some reason, I suppose there is still a bit of a taboo there with some people or just outright racism. Not really sure why though on the taboo part, but still it's all ridiculous.

Let people date who they want to regardless of sex, gender or race. Why can't people just be happy with people they want to be with?

Sorry. I seemed to have answered your question with another :3

And personally, I've always had a thing for Asians... and I'm white.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
It's a diverse world we live in, and genetics love diversity.
I wouldn't object to dating outside my race, so long as the girl is pretty and interesting it doesn't matter what color her skin is.

Though, personally I have a preference for asians, doesn't matter east or west.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
If someone looks attractive to me, I'll be attracted to 'em. Race isn't really an issue, but that base level of attraction has to be there in the first place.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I don't date outside my race. Not that I'm opposed to it on overtly racist grounds, only that the kinds of girls I find attractive tend to be soft-bodied Slavic, German, and Baltic blondes. I just tend to find such girls more physically attractive on a visceral level.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
I will happily date anyone of any race as long as I'm actually into them(already dating someone, who is white)

Race isn't the best benchmark for my partner choices.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
SkyeNeko said:
Ok, so I'm a black/asian girl (i look more black though), and the first thing id like to point out is that the only guys who think im pretty are black guys. I rarely see any races dating outside of their own race. first of all i think its not fair because i dont think ill find a black/asian guy (and i dont want to), and second of all, why? how many escapists out there like to date men/women from other races?

EDIT: sorry if i missed a race there arent alot of spaces to put answers for the poll =_=
Also, why did you separate "white" and "european" on your poll? Aren't almost all ethnic Europeans "white" in the first place...?

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
I don't prefer to date any race. More interested in whom she is on the inside.

Didn't vote.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
I don't support intra-racial relationships. It's in my profile bio and everything.

I'll admit I caught the yellow fever when I was young and I have no desire to cure myself of it, but I'd never discriminate based off of race. Unless they're white like me (sorry!).

I've had 3 serious relationships, one black, one hispanic/white and one arab, so yes I do practice what I preach. This has led to the reason why I never speak to anyone in my extended family anymore, the look on all of their faces and shocked silence when I showed up to a family get-together one summer with my girlfriend still sticks pretty clear in my mind.

Its not mixed people's fault they're so much better looking than their pure blooded counterparts.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I'm not racist in any way, but I've never been attracted to anyone that isn't white. It's not that there's anything wrong with the other races, it's just my nature.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Please ... Australia ... 50% of the population has one or more parents born from overseas. We're a pack of mutts.

Asian-British(half Spanish-British) stock here ... and proud!

That being said I'd like to think we're lovable mutts, however? Probably not true ... angry, ugly mutts ...?

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Ham_authority95 said:
Also, why did you separate "white" and "european" on your poll? Aren't almost all ethnic Europeans "white" in the first place...?
Well, I thought about it for a quick second and decided to separate them =\
I consider them both caucasian i guess but they just seem different enough to have their own category =_=

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Well, my last girlfriend was Filipino.

I've come to find she's actually colored my preferences quite a bit (darker skin tone and darker, fairly straight hair...and low alto voice, B/C-cup, shorter than me, and I should really stop). Anyway, Pacific Islander or European would be my primary interest, East Asian and Middle Eastern (some of the most attractive women I know are Kurdish) very close behind.

...why are "white" and "European" separate, by the way? Is it because "white" tends to mean different things in different countries?

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Isn't the poll sort of incompatible with the topic if we can only choose one response?

My girlfriend is half black, half Scandinavian. I can't fathom how so many sad, dull people only see beauty in their own ethnic cliche. Admittedly, I have a thing for dark skin that is perhaps atypical, but it's not a platitude when I say all women are attractive.

Anyways, I forget the number precisely, but I read a poll indicating that any social pressure against interracial dating is on the way out, and in a big way. Something like 60% of American teens report dating outside their race.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Race is a minor thing, (while I could point out that most of the girls I have liked have been white save one) that would be countered by the majority of people in my area being white. If I like the girl enough nothing will enter the equation except for the fact that I like her.

I base my liking a girl based off of personality and the face (this is the secondary objective). Color doesn't matter.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
I'm hispanic (mostly), asian, and white (mostly english/german/austrian). I prefer your typical "white" women behavior over others because they tend to give you less attitude, they have enough as it is >_> I don't care about race, it's just what I find typical.

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Im caucasian, I tend to prefer caucasians for the most part when it comes to sheer looks (and I have nothing but looks to go by), but that's only statistically speaking (i.e I find a larger group of caucasian women to be physically attractive than the amount of women in possession of more exotic looks).

But I can't really say that I discriminate on such basis when it comes to romance. My perception of outer beuauty is heavily influenced by personality and intelligence as it is, and I can't say that I've ever even given any thought to what my family and friends would say if I introduced them to a black/asian/middle eastern/whatever-woman.

So when all is said and done I can't say I prefer any "race" over any other when it comes to dating. In fact, I'm probably pretty predisposed to "interacial dating", since im kind of turned off by women who remind me of myself too much in looks as well as in personality. I like when my partner is different from me, because that means that we both have more things to show eachother.