Poll: Is Being Gay Cheating On Your Straight Partner?

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
Liquid Paradox said:
TiefBlau said:
This question rivals "Is tomato a fruit or a vegetable?" in complete and absolute inconsequentiality. You can call it cheating. You can call it whatever you want. It's just gonna be an awkward breakup and that's about it.
Incidentally, this question is also like the Tomato example in that the answer is objective and absolute. A tomato doesn't magically stop being a fruit just because it doesn't taste sugary. On that note, are sweet peas fruits? What about sweet potatoes? are they fruit? Fruit is a fleshy protective barrier that covers and/or houses a plants seeds. There is no room for argument. The question might as well be "Is iron a vegetable or a mineral?"
Interesting thing is that being a vegetable and being a fruit aren't mutually exclusive. Fruit is definitely a botanical term, but vegetable is actually a culinary term. A tomato would in fact be both.

Aug 17, 2009
ravensheart18 said:
KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
Morally, if they're really a homosexual, there's nothing wrong, but in the eyes of most Western family courts, the gay person cheated.
How is there nothing wrong with breaking trust with your partner?

It's sort of a legitimate invocation of "No True Scotsman". If you're gay, but are in a heterosexual relationship, there was never a real relationship to begin with. Now, this scenario isn't the ideal thing to do, but your actions aren't based on typical cases of cheating, nor can you choose to be something you're not.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
you should really edit the title, it is ver misleading (not sure if you can though, I'm fairly new :p)

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
bahumat42 said:
Yopaz said:
bahumat42 said:
Yopaz said:
bahumat42 said:
Yopaz said:
If your partner is having sex with someone else it's cheating.
If your partner is gay and thus don't want to have sex with you because of that then no.

Cheating on your partner is to have either a physical or emotional affair. To lose interest or change/realize sexuality is not cheating.
it is when you dont break up first.
So what you're saying that you should break up before you lose interest or change/realize true sexuality? I either think you didn't understand my post or I don't understand your post.
no im saying before you shack up with some1 else you could at least tell the person your gonna hurt by it before hand.

Act of courtesy if you will.
OK, thanks for clearing up the fact that you didn't understand the first thing thing about my post so let me explain it so you can understand it.

You enter a relationship with a person that you really like. After being together for some time you either lose interest or find out that you're not straight. How in any sense of the word of cheating does this fit into cheating?
again losing interest, not the problem. Boning somebody else before breaking up, is. The gender of the person isn't the issue, its broken trust either way you look at it.
So you clearly didn't read my first post I take it.

Yopaz said:
If your partner is having sex with someone else it's cheating.
If your partner is gay and thus don't want to have sex with you because of that then no.

Cheating on your partner is to have either a physical or emotional affair. To lose interest or change/realize sexuality is not cheating.
Nowhere in this post am I saying that having sex with someone of your own gender isn't cheating. For good measure read the post again. The part where I define cheating. Please. Read that and tell me where I include genders or sexuality in that definition.

That's right. I didn't say that anywhere in my entire post. Which is why I said in my last post that you didn't understand my post at all.