Poll: is Brave evertaining for adults

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
dalek sec said:
FalloutJack said:
Good afternoon. I am 31 and I went to see Brave with several members of my family, all in adulthood.

The answer is yes. Have a nice day.
You're 31? Holy crap, though you were like in your early twenties or so.
I'm not sure how to take that...

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
FalloutJack said:
dalek sec said:
FalloutJack said:
Good afternoon. I am 31 and I went to see Brave with several members of my family, all in adulthood.

I'd go with good since I thought you were younger than you are. :D

Seriously, I didn't mean it as an insult, just... surprised is all.

Susurrus

Nov 7, 2008
The story is so-so (it does become a little bit aimed-at-kids after about 1/3 of the way through), but the realisation of Scotland is breathtaking. To be honest, I enjoyed every minute of it - even when the story is not that gripping, the animation more than makes up for it.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
dalek sec said:
FalloutJack said:
dalek sec said:
FalloutJack said:

I'd go with good since I thought you were younger than you are. :D

Seriously, I didn't mean it as an insult, just... surprised is all.
Ah, I see. Sorry, I was just surprised is all.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
FalloutJack said:
Yeah, my bad on that part. Not mad at me or anything?

By the way, what did you think of the movie?

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
dalek sec said:
FalloutJack said:
Yeah, my bad on that part. Not mad at me or anything?

By the way, what did you think of the movie?
Nah, I'm fine.

And I like it. We all did.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
It's a Pixar movie so I'd say it's a pretty safe bet it's enjoyable for most ages.
But this thread was started two days ago so for all I know you might have already gone and seen it.
This post might be entirely useless. Should I even be posting this?
I guess it doesn't matter either way.

T0ad 0f Truth said:
I still watch things like adventure time at 20 (I REGRET NOTHING)
What's there to regret?

*fistbumps*

CrazyDave DC

Apr 14, 2010
I was actually pretty disappointed with Brave. Of course, to say I was "pretty disappointed" is not to say it was terrible or even bad, it was... average. Pixar generally has a very high standard with their films (save Cars), which comes from having a very engaging story that really gives you something to think about and moves you on an emotional level. With Brave... what can I say? What I got from Brave was the notion that parents should respect their child's wishes while their children need to give their parents some slack in return. There were a few plot issues, but mostly it was that feeling after I left the theatre that there was no deeper message to the film past the "families are important" bit. Kids will enjoy it, but this is certainly not up to Pixar's usual standards and definitely won't take your breath away.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I'm more worried about the Villain, if there is one- Can anyone tell me if the villain side of things are done well in Brave? Apart from Toy Story 3, I haven't seen Pixar do a decent villain since Syndrome...

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Am I the only one that not only found cars to be rather meh, but also The Incredibles and Ratatouille to be kind of sub standard? They never really hit with me in terms of any deep meaning. I mean, the story and characters were interesting and funny enough, but it never felt like the Pixar substance. Monster's Inc had it, Finding Nemo, all the Toy Story's, Up, and even Bug's Life had a stronger deep message to it. Those other ones just kind of fell short in that department if you ask me. Heck, Cars had a bit of a message of how the world doesn't revolve around you, and for today, that's a pretty bold, but neccesary, message to make, considering how everything is about the children and their self esteem. The Incredibles seemed to have the same basic message that Bug's Life had, but I felt it wasn't expressed as well. And Ratatouille, I can honestly say, I have no idea what sort of message they could possibly be trying to get across with that movie. Maybe people are more willing to gloss over these because the stories and characters are more well told and developed, but I see them on par with Cars. That's just my opinion.