Poll: Is everyone still sick of zombies?

IanBrazen

Oct 17, 2008
I am currently writing a series of novel's for fun, and there are zombies in it, but it is first and foremost a character piece.
After a few of the books the zombies might disappear entirely from the story, because I am just using them as a tool for the plot.
The real story is about the characters going from nobody's to heroes, and leaders of a new savage world.

Anyhoo I just wanted to give a quick outline because Im curious if I should change the zombies to something else.
Maybe not anything supernatural, but something.
I'm getting kinda tired of zombies myself, but when they are used in the right way I cant get enough.
I will always watch the Dawn of the dead remake but I cant stand a movie like Land of the dead.
So if a story was well done would you be able to put up with drooling undead again.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Yes, I'm rather sick of zombies. Drooling, boring creatures devoid of intellect. It's tiresome to keep shooting and beheading shambling corpses. Can't get enough vampires on the other hand.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Definitely meh about it. If the story is good, I'd be ok with the zombies. But they're overdone nowadays, so something else would be a welcome change.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Can't get enough of them. I've just got back into DayZ recently :3

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I'm definitely sick of them, and have been for a very long time. At this point, I honestly doubt it would make a difference what sort of other qualities a game/movie/TV show/etc had if it had zombies in it because the zombies would be enough to turn me off completely.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
I was never tired of zombies, I grew up with them as thinking they were one of the main main horror monsters that did it well. They used to scare me very much when I was a wee youngling.

I think they also make great enemies in videogames, like Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil.

Write whatever you want, the only thing that makes a story great is the passion the writer puts into it. You should put what you want in it and leave out what you don't want in it. When it comes to if people will enjoy another zombie story, try going to Fan Expo in Toronto or Comic Con, plenty of zombie storys, graphic novels and zombie art that people line up for.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm a little tired of them.

I love the Walking Dead, don't get me wrong, but I'm just about done with them.

WD is the only zombie related thing I'm into at the moment and that's probably because it's more of character piece rather than the main focus being on the zombies.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I'm sick of lazily done cliched zombies.

Stock zombies are boring by themselves. Now, zombies raised by evil wizards, which are organised and have a purpose and are backed up by evil wizards, fair enough.

Ordinary zombies would be little more than slowly moving targets otherwise.