Poll: Is incest wrong if it's consensual?

witness51

Oct 17, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
witness51 said:
Lyri said:
If I had a sister that I thought was sexually attractive and she was accepting of the advances, I'd screw her.

People are people, if you like them then do as you wish with them but you have to be aware of the consequences whatever they be.
Nobody should stop anyone from being together.
Yeah, you wouldn't say that if you had a sister.
I have a sister and I said much the same thing. Thanks for playing.
Then you don't have an attractive sister. I take it you've seen Yosuga no Sora.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Nonconsensual intercourse is wrong. Intercourse with a minor is wrong. Bunking with close relatives is unappealing to me but I don't see anyone's rights violated.

Animyr

Jan 11, 2011
Sure it's subjective, but since incest is a taboo in almost every human society, ever (especially parent-child) I think there's a good biological reason for it.

Socially, accepting consensual incest but not forced incest means you accept incest but not rape, so that's a different issue.

As for me....with the squick factor, the only way I'm really okay with it is in those rare cases where siblings are seperated at a young age and hook up as adults, oblivious to the connection. Can't really blame anyone for that.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
witness51 said:
Loop Stricken said:
witness51 said:
Lyri said:
If I had a sister that I thought was sexually attractive and she was accepting of the advances, I'd screw her.

People are people, if you like them then do as you wish with them but you have to be aware of the consequences whatever they be.
Nobody should stop anyone from being together.
Yeah, you wouldn't say that if you had a sister.
I have a sister and I said much the same thing. Thanks for playing.
Then you don't have an attractive sister. I take it you've seen Yosuga no Sora.
No I don't and no I haven't. I've said as much. Betting you never read the rest of the thread - Eight pages full of words?! No thanks guv!

Edit: Sounds pretty cool. Not sure why you brought it up though.

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
retyopy said:
So my family and I were eating, and incest became, albiet briefly, the subject. So that got me thinking: is incest wrong if it's consensual?
Parent/Child incest is always wrong (even if both adults and consensual) because there is always some sort of current of authority - in one direction or another. Parent/Child usually indicates abuse.

Sibling incest is a lot fuzzier. Siblings can be very close.

Is incest ever a good idea? No. Is it wrong if it's between siblings? Eh... depends.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Legally i don't believe it is wrong. On a moral standpoint it could be depending on what one's beliefs are. Personally i don't see a big problem with incest..if two grown-up people who just happen to share the same family bloodline wanna bump uglies who am i to stop them. Hell it's happened within my own kinship and they've had a child as a result of it.

thehorror2

Jan 25, 2010
It's a stupid idea that will get you ostracized in polite society if you admit to it, but I don't see anything morally reprehensible about the act of sleeping with your immediate family. I'd never do it, but I see no reason to stop others so inclined.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
I find nothing wrong with incest. Sure, it isn't something I'd do, but the way I think, victimless crimes should go unpunished. Besides, it's not like incest is something that isn't natural, humans are one of the few animals that don't regularly engage in incestuous relationships.

And before you bring up the topic of chances of deformed children, let me bring up two points.

a.) In the modern day, sex =/= having children.
b.) While, statistically, it is more likely your child will have genetic issues due to inbreeding, it is still UNLIKELY. Very unlikely. Barely any more likely than if you weren't related (if the incest only occurs over one generation). The way it works is every single human being on the planet probably has a serious genetic flaw somewhere in their genome. Everybody. That includes you, it includes me and it includes Barack Obama. There's so much genetic information that the chances of something going wrong in there are massively high. The thing is, each cell contains two pairs of every chromosome and the genetic flaw that is in one of those chromosomes is recessive, meaning it isn't expressed and the correct gene in the other chromosome is expressed. As you are genetically similar to anyone in your immediate family, there is a small possibility they inherited the same flaw. So if you have children with them, you will donate one of your chromosomes through your gametes to your child and so will your partner, meaning their is a possibility that BOTH chromosomes will have the genetic flaw meaning it will be expressed. However, this is still incredibly unlikely, and, in my opinion, not likely enough to stop two people who love each other from being together. Inbreeding doesn't really become a problem unless it occurs over multiple generations unless you are very, VERY unlucky.

EDIT: Social stigma or an individual's belief shouldn't factor into this. Why should something you find to be sickening stop other people who probably will never know from being together? The fact that people would try to enforce their own belief system and morality onto other people is what is truly sickening.

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
Yes. Ugh hell yes it's wrong and sickening.

And to a some of these replies...wow, just wow, REALLY? You'd REALLY have sex with someone in your IMMEDIATE FAMILY? People are stretching the idea of "tolerance" way, way to far.

Speaking of being sick...I need to leave these forums for a while.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
Arontala said:
Mordwyl said:
This is why we have idiots rampant in the world. Yes, it is.
Are you fucking kidding me? How could you possibly come to this conclusion?
Genetic inbreeding. Honestly, pragmatism hasn't come in question when this was asked?

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
MrDeckard said:
No. There is nothing morally wrong with some family lovin and anyone who jumps to say otherwise is simply blinded by the "Oh, gross" mentality.
Try telling that to the kids, lopsided Clem and three legged Bubba. The genetic standpoint says it's a bad idea.

Children asides, yes. Yes there is. From a sociological standpoint, one of the draws of marriage is the opportunity created from increasing your social network and available resources with the acquisition of your spouse and their family. From a moral standpoint, that is a perversion of sibling affection. From an interpersonal standpoint that would only serve to make family occasions awkward in the event of a falling out.

dibblywibbles

Mar 20, 2009
well lizard babies(harlequin babies) are wrong... so don't get your sister pregnant you weirdos. All I can say is what i wouldn't do... nail my sister. but hey if two people love each other very much...gross. I suppose it's only natural to want to bang your womb-mate. and don't worry about incest coming up at the dinner table, I've had conversations about child molesting at easter dinner. to avoid these conversations, shave your moustache.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Ensiferum said:
Yes. Ugh hell yes it's wrong and sickening.

And to a some of these replies...wow, just wow, REALLY? You'd REALLY have sex with someone in your IMMEDIATE FAMILY? People are stretching the idea of "tolerance" way, way to far.

Speaking of being sick...I need to leave these forums for a while.
You could've avoided it by not opening this thread.
Ah who am I kidding; anything to come off as morally righteous and offended by blasphemy, eh.