Poll: Is incest wrong if it's consensual?

squidtm

Mar 17, 2010
If the parties involved are using effective birth control, there is nothing wrong. If, however a baby comes out of it, it is wrong because the child can have birth defects.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
Loop Stricken said:
Loop Stricken said:
No, its not. Why do you think the kiddies come out all wrong? Nature is saying "DON'T FUCKING DO IT."
Quite right!
Apart from the parts that were wrong!
Which was all of it!
Well done! Thanks for playing!
Ah, so you're saying that there are no birth defects from such unions?
Or are you pointing out that typo in the beginning, which I WENT BACK AND FIXED when I noticed.
Wow, and I thought I was paranoid.
No, I'm saying that the risk of birth defects are overblown and not a great deal above what they'd be from the union of two unrelated parents.
Only with successive generations of close inbreedings do the real deformations and whatnot come about.
So the inbreeding is fine in your opinion if you're the one starting it? Wondrous.
If I'm the one starting it, I'm the one having the fun!
Great philosophy there. NOTHING bad could EVER come from important people thinking like you.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
Conza said:
Well in this case, nobody should be in the unfortunate, uneducated situation, not to know the dire and horrible consequences of two people of the same blood, fornicating, and the laws make sense to prohibit such behaviour.
Well frankly that makes one of you.
Firstly, reported, you're spamming this thread.

Secondly - wow. Were you trying to insult my straight A English skills, or... What? I mean, that sentence has perfect grammar. Let me reconstitute it to fully show you, and anyone else reading, how I am correct.

"Nobody should be in the unfortunate and uneducated situation not to know the dire and horrible consequence of two people of the same blood fornicating." I think I can end there. For your convenience, I even removed any punctuation that might confuse you. Oh I'm sorry, I've used punctuation in this sentence, ooo, what a pickle, hopefully after a few hours, you'll understand what I'm saying.

Let me try and keep it simple for you.

I mean to say I feel sorry for people who are too stupid to not get that the results of sleeping with your brother or sister will make a bad baby. How's that? Getting through yet?

Oh just in case you've forgotten you've been reported for spamming.

Exosus

Jun 24, 2008
incestuous sex = meh
incestuous babies = bad
alleviate the latter and the former is no different than anything else between two consenting adults

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
squidtm said:
If the parties involved are using effective birth control, there is nothing wrong. If, however a baby comes out of it, it is wrong because the child can have birth defects.
Would you say that it's just as wrong for two people with a family history of cancer or someone with a family history of birth defects to have kids? It'd be a shame to see that you're being hypocritical, since statistically the odds are close to the same...

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Morally, there's nothing wrong with it if both parties are mature enough and consentual. Genetically, it's very wrong, leading to multiple genetic defects, damaging humanity as a whole.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Shiny Koi said:
Conza said:
Loop Stricken said:
Conza said:
Well in this case, nobody should be in the unfortunate, uneducated situation, not to know the dire and horrible consequences of two people of the same blood, fornicating, and the laws make sense to prohibit such behaviour.

Secondly - wow. Were you trying to insult my straight A English skills, or... What? I mean, that sentence has perfect grammar. Let me reconstitute it to fully show you, and anyone else reading, how I am correct.

"Nobody should be in the unfortunate and uneducated situation not to know the dire and horrible consequence of two people of the same blood fornicating." I think I can end there. For your convenience, I even removed any punctuation that might confuse you. Oh I'm sorry, I've used punctuation in this sentence, ooo, what a pickle, hopefully after a few hours, you'll understand what I'm saying.

I mean to say I feel sorry for people who are too stupid to not get that the results of sleeping with your brother or sister will make a bad baby. How's that? Getting through yet?

Can you report someone for a fallacious report? I feel like all of Loop's posts have contributed something, and they do not fit the definition of spam. Spam is typing the same word over and over again or posting images or posting with almost no content. Sorry that you had to resort to improperly reporting someone to feel better about yourself.

Also, to borrow your words, "lets keep this simple for you": contraception is widely available. Sex does not mean having children. Also, homo incest is fine by you apparently.

Loop Stricken said:
No, its not. Why do you think the kiddies come out all wrong? Nature is saying "DON'T FUCKING DO IT."
Quite right!
Which was all of it!
Or are you pointing out that typo in the beginning, which I WENT BACK AND FIXED when I noticed.
Okay. So homosexual incest, incest between infertiles and incest using birth control is fine by you.

But seriously, jumping to "it's wrong because it produces retard babies" is a water weak argument. It's the modern age, sex is not solely for procreation.

I seriously hope you're against homosexuality, because as I've said to death in this thread, you cannot be for homosexuality and against incest (in good sense anyway).
As far as I'm concerned, sex is to make babies. Nothing else.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Arontala said:
Haseo21 said:
It maybe wrong, its definitely disgusting
Why?
Well, I think its disgusting. The whole concept of even thinking of having sex with a family member is just "eww" to me. Plus, have you ever seen Wrong Turn...terrible movie.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Shiny Koi said:
Shiny Koi said:
Conza said:
Loop Stricken said:
Conza said:

Can you report someone for a fallacious report? I feel like all of Loop's posts have contributed something, and they do not fit the definition of spam. Spam is typing the same word over and over again or posting images or posting with almost no content. Sorry that you had to resort to improperly reporting someone to feel better about yourself.

Also, to borrow your words, "lets keep this simple for you": contraception is widely available. Sex does not mean having children. Also, homo incest is fine by you apparently.

Loop Stricken said:
Quite right!
Which was all of it!
Okay. So homosexual incest, incest between infertiles and incest using birth control is fine by you.

But seriously, jumping to "it's wrong because it produces retard babies" is a water weak argument. It's the modern age, sex is not solely for procreation.

I seriously hope you're against homosexuality, because as I've said to death in this thread, you cannot be for homosexuality and against incest (in good sense anyway).
I don't care what you think. You're entitled to say "I don't wish to partake in incest, it unsettles me". But most of society doesn't share your viewpoint. After all, if as "far as you're concerned, sex is to make babies", then why does birth control exist?

I just looked at the age on your profile and immediately understood.

Believe me, your view will change when you grow up and find someone you really love. I used to think like you when I was your age, too.
<Assuming I give a fuck what the rest of society thinks.

Haha... hahahaha. No. Don't give a shit now, won't give a shit tomorrow, won't give a shit in twenty years.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Shiny Koi said:
Shiny Koi said:
Shiny Koi said:
Conza said:
Loop Stricken said:
Conza said:

Loop Stricken said:
Quite right!
Which was all of it!

I don't care what you think. You're entitled to say "I don't wish to partake in incest, it unsettles me". But most of society doesn't share your viewpoint. After all, if as "far as you're concerned, sex is to make babies", then why does birth control exist?

I just looked at the age on your profile and immediately understood.

Believe me, your view will change when you grow up and find someone you really love. I used to think like you when I was your age, too.
<Assuming I give a fuck what the rest of society thinks.

Haha... hahahaha. No. Don't give a shit now, won't give a shit tomorrow, won't give a shit in twenty years.
I'm not assuming you give a fuck, I'm saying that you're fucking retarded if you think your infinitesimally microscopic view represents morality for the broader spectrum of society. Get over yourself.

Since I have to dumb it down for you: Okay. You view sex as only for making children. Nevermind the fact that birth control exists, is widely used, that people who cant have kids still have sex, and that gay people who are biologically incapable of having children still have sex too. That's your view. But you're using your own view to justify a broader moral interpretation, and that's simply not doable.

Then again, I am speaking to so someone who is essentially a child and is probably still a bitter virgin, so I'll reserve my thoughts from here on out.
And you're making assumptions about what I was saying to begin with. Yeah, I think sex is only for procreation. If you can POINT OUT WHERE I SAID EVERYONE HAS TO AGREE WITH ME, THEN FUCKING DO IT. You're assuming that I'm saying everyone should agree with me, which I'm not saying, not do I want. I'm saying that this is what I believe. I also absolutely love the "hurr, hurr you don't have sex so u jus mad becuz of it." Its almost as though you believe that you can't have an opinion until you bang the nearest whore.

Hurray Forums

Jun 4, 2008
Nieroshai said:
There we go again equating sex with love. This disagreement has ended our discussion since this is the roadblock no one gives on. Love and happiness do not require sex.
Nice job ignoring the actual point of my post to instead latch on to one detail and then make a complete strawman out of it. Bonus points for the condescending dismissal. No, sex is not the same as love and love does not require sex but people in love tend to enjoy having sex. Taking away sex would have a negative impact on many people's love lives and happiness. Maybe not yours personally, but most.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Shiny Koi said:
Too much text.
Certainly not. But I am soon to be married, and I can't imagine someone with a genuine respect for love and intimacy branding something as bond-strengthening, enjoyable and wonderful as sex as simply a tool for making children. That smacks of either bitterness, or a too black and white interpretation of the world (like the people walking around who say "love is a waste of time, it's just a chemical reaction", ignoring the fact that literally everything we do in life is essentially a chemical reaction).

I confess that there wasn't anything overt in the sense of you actually believing that other people had to hold your view, but that is certainly how you came across, and that is what I reacted to.
Exactly. Also: You have your experiences, I have mine. I shall follow what I know, not what people tell me that I SHOULD know (which is nearly always at odds with what ends up happening, anyway)

SimonWren

Aug 9, 2011
I have trouble believing that enough relatives would bump uglies to produce any noticable in the general genepool, since harmful mutations are bred out swiftly in a large poulation. Saying that isolated cases of inbreeding could affect humainty as a whole is nonsensical, even if regression to the mean didn't exist.

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
Baneat said:
No, simply put.
Baneat said:
Fuck how can you ask a sibling that question!?!? I'd run the fuck away if I was asked that from a sibling.
So, what's your actual answer?

Anywho...back on topic
yes, incest is wrong, morally wrong. Also, morals are not just a set of subjective rules set in the same realm as beauty where it is to each their own to interpret. Morals, derived from common sense, are about things that we as self respecting human beings, are not supposed to do.

You're not supposed to pick random, pointless fights.
You're not supposed to kill.
You're not supposed to enforce DRM.
You're not supposed to steal.
You're not supposed to lock out part of a game and sell a code as $15 DLC.
You're not supposed to screw your brother, sister or any other family member
(although people do love the light gray area of "non-blood related cousin"; actually I'm kind of concerned about that, my current partner and I are related to a lot of the same people and both of our families originated in the same area, so...).

Incest causes problems and should be avoided. It causes problems beyond the strong potential for a physically and/or mentally challenged child although that thought alone should put the brakes on it. Why would people do something knowing they have the consequence of bringing someone into this world whose life will be filled with a lot of suffering? Also, if this has to be said, "well as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else," that usually means the situation can and will negatively impact others. It may not bother the siblings if they both consented but what if other family members found out? What if friends found out? Well sure it's (definitely) not the business of anyone not involved but if some things have to be hidden and kept a secret, maybe it isn't worth doing at all.