Poll: Is it just me or does MW3 look like a hell of a lot more fun then BF3?

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
Jets, Tanks, large scale battles, relatively balanced classes, teamwork based gameplay, completely destructible environments.

Vs.
Lots of customization, lone wolf style gametypes/play, COD Elite, and...More gun attachments?, better killstreak organization.

Even some of the previews I've been reading are saying MW3's multiplayer is a step backwards from where Blops was. (I do not like COD but I keep my opinion out of that part of it)

Sorry, but Battlefield looks to be shaping up to be way more of a blast than MW3. This is a game that's been blowing people away in previews in demos. I continue to hear how impressive the games multiplayer is, and how detailed and fun the maps are. The class system balance has been tweaked and so far, the changes look to be smart ones.

Meanwhile, I don't hear many amazing things about MW3. The maps I have seen don't impress me, and some of the improvements Treyarch made in Blops are being completely abandoned by Infinity Ward. The game looks alright, but I haven't heard nearly as much praise for MW3 as I have for Battlefield 3.

Personally, as I said, Call of Duty is no longer a game franchise I buy. I was very disappointed by the past two titles that I can;t bring myself to try this one. Battlefield 3 looks like it has really been crafted for an incredible and unique experience online and I feel like it will ultimately be the better game.

Still, nothing wrong with buying both if you want to (those who are saying why one or the other)

I'm not going into the campaign stuff. MW3's seems to be trying to impress with explosions instead of a story (that's not a good thing, just so we're clear) and we haven't seen enough of Battlefield 3's to get a good sense of it yet. Not to mention that 90% of the people playing this will be spending the majority of their time online, some won't even touch the campaigns in either one.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Battlefield, as I am a Battlefield fan, and usually have more fun playing Battlefield games. Modern Warfare will sell a lot more though, and probably be claimed to be the more fun game.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I'm going to be buying MW3 first. I might buy BF3 after Christmas. I enjoyed BF:BC2's MP but I haven't played any other Battlefield games. Whereas I've played and owned all the CoD games so far.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Amphoteric said:
"Is is just me"

is the worst possible way to start a forum because you are NEVER the only one.
I'm gonna go ahead and keep up with the little tradition I've started.

It's a figure of speech. Quit over reacting about it.

OT: I've gotten the past three Battlefield games and have been tremendously disappointed with all of them. Bad Company 1 was just plain unpolished, Battlefield 1943 was good fun but didn't have much staying power, and Bad Company 2 had clunky controls which made it too tiring to play.

I really have kinda given up on the series on the console.

Battlefield 3's single player looks fun, but I've seen the Alpha build of the Multiplayer. Reinstating prone into the series is going to be it's downfall. Camping will rule this game.

On the other hand, I've put at least five days into every CoD game I own. I end up hating it towards the end of their life spans, but I enjoy usually it for a lot longer than any other games.

But for the first time in two years, CoD is gonna take a back seat to Skyrim. And then maybe even Assassin's Creed. I may very well end up getting Battlefield 3, but it's on the bottom of a rather large list.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Polaris19 said:
Sorry, but Battlefield looks to be shaping up to be way more of a blast than MW3. This is a game that's been blowing people away in previews in demos. I continue to hear how impressive the games multiplayer is, and how detailed and fun the maps are. The class system balance has been tweaked and so far, the changes look to be smart ones.

Meanwhile, I don't hear many amazing things about MW3. The maps I have seen don't impress me, and some of the improvements Treyarch made in Blops are being completely abandoned by Infinity Ward. The game looks alright, but I haven't heard nearly as much praise for MW3 as I have for Battlefield 3.
I've honestly heard the exact opposite.

Very recently too. I just got off a PC podcast that stated Battlefield 3 was rather underwhelming and that Modern Warfare 3 was turning out to be what people want with the Dedicated servers.

psychodynamica

Feb 24, 2010
Wait a minute, i have to choose which is better before i play either and can only pick one or the other, i am looking forward to BF3 more, simply because it will be a greater evolution of already amazing franchise, but i will get, play and OWN MW3 as soon as the opportunity arises because it is cod at the end of the day. either way, i'm not gonna herp derp my way into deciding "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!" then realising i am missing out on some kick-ass videogaming.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
How i wish this thread was locked already because the discussion has already been done before and the thread poster clearly made this thread from an earlier post he made referring to him saying COD was better than BF3 when we all know this type of thread just incites petty arguments and elitism on BOTH SIDES.

Oh and i'll be getting neither while i'm here