Poll: Is it worth buying a ps3 just for the exclusives ?

Ashistheking

Nov 22, 2011
I have the gears of war xbox360 and a lot of games some exclusives BUT im not sure whether buying a ps3 for its exclusives is worth it ? If a game came out on both id have to go for 360 as i think the online service is way better and I have many friends on it. So what do you think is it worth it?

the spud

May 2, 2011
In my opinion, yes, but we don't really know what kind of games you like, so it will be difficult to judge whether or not it will be worth it to you.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
As the list of ps3 exclusives, I want to play increases, I find myself getting closer to buying it. As soon as I have the time & the money I will.

inFAMOUS
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy rain
Uncharted
metal gear solid 4
Ico & shadow of the colossus HD

Anything else?

haruvister

Jun 4, 2008
I would say so these days, as the PS3 is quite reasonably priced. You're bound to enjoy something from the Metal Gear, Killzone, Little Big Planet, Uncharted, or Ratchet & Clank series. Plus you'll have a decent Blu-ray player.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Let's make an inventory shall we?

- Heavy Rain
- Uncharted series
- Resistance series
- Ratchet & Clank series
- InFamous series
- Killzone series
- MAG
- The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
- Metal Gear Solid 4 and the upcoming HD Collection.
- Demon's Souls
- Haze
- WipeOut HD
- Flower
- Valkyria Chronicles
- WarHawk and StarHawk
- Heavenly Sword
- God of War series
- LittleBigPlanet series

And some minor, less-known PSN exclusives like old PS1 titles and such. Probably some games I don't know of as well.

Well, I say that that's quite a rich library of exclusives that caters to a rather wide range of tastes. So I'd say yes, but in the end it depends on your taste in games. Mind you, not all games in that list are good, but I'd say that there's enough good stuff in it to justify the purchase of a system.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
necromanzer52 said:
As the list of ps3 exclusives, I want to play increases, I find myself getting closer to buying it. As soon as I have the time & the money I will.

inFAMOUS
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy rain
Uncharted
metal gear solid 4

Anything else?
Depends on what genres you're into. I'd recommend Disgaea 3 and 4, though. If you like turn based RPGs, there is also White Knight Chronicles (Although that's more like FFXII), Cross Edge, Hyperdimension Neptunia, and a bunch of others whose names escape me at the moment.

Nintenerd91

Nov 28, 2011
It's worth it in my opinion. It's got plenty of nice exclusives. All off the top of my head:

InFAMOUS 1&2,
Uncharted trilogy,
Metal Gear Solid 4 (Great game in my opinion, but only if you are interested in narrative heavy games and have a tolerance for very, very long cut-scenes)
God of War 3
Little Big Planet 1&2
Killzone 2&3

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
necromanzer52 said:

inFAMOUS
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy rain
Uncharted
metal gear solid 4

Anything else?
Get Flower from the PSN, its very relaxing and trippy and fun :D

As for the OPs question, it depends what type of games you like, but overall i'd say yeah if you can afford it go for it... although if you can afford two consoles, i dont know why you're not buying a gaming pc instead /end obligatory pc is better comment

Ashistheking

Nov 22, 2011
necromanzer52 said:

inFAMOUS
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy rain
Uncharted
metal gear solid 4

Anything else?
all these YES little big planet god of war resistance jak and daxter :)

Ashistheking

Nov 22, 2011
believer258 said:
Eh... depends.

The PS3 has several great exclusives but, to me, the few 360 exclusives are miles ahead in quality. InFamous is really good, and Resistance 3 is damn fun, and God of War is pretty fun (all of them), and those are all system sellers. However, one "system seller" isn't enough for me and neither is 3.

Do I think that buying one is a good idea? If you've got the extra money, yes. If you've spent the last six months saving up money for a PS3 and games, then I suggest putting it elsewhere because you worked too hard for that to get a console that isn't going to give you anything worth that time you missed.

And, as a general rule of thumb, multiplats almost always run slightly better on the 360.

Note that I'm not saying the PS3 is bad. It's the furthest thing from, and having both is certainly advantageous, but the worth of having both is directly related to how much extra money and time you have.

EDIT: However

If you do not and/or have never owned a Playstation 2, then get one of those and a good number of those great games that everyone talks about ASAP. The PS2 sold so many systems for a very good reason, and thus far its collection has not been outmatched by anything that isn't a PC.

EDIT 2: And, despite the hype built up around it, Uncharted is hardly anything better than "average, but fun" in everything except its dialogue. Its dialogue between characters - not story, just dialogue - is pretty well done and the voice acting is excellent. But what's stopping you from watching all of that on Youtube?

That comes from the one of the biggest fans of early Crash Bandicoot and the first four Jak and Daxter games, so that comment should not be taken lightly.
I love jak and daxter I played up to 3 were there anymore apart from the racing one? and yeah Ive heard a lot about uncharted might sway it for me. Crash! <3

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
I bought a PS3 about 3 weeks ago and I'm loving it. Exclusives-wise, it's got a lot more going for it than the the 360. DCU online alone has been great, and that's totally free.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Ashistheking said:
all these YES little big planet god of war resistance jak and daxter :)
I don't think there are any Jak and Daxter games on the ps3

Ilikemilkshake said:
Get Flower from the PSN, its very relaxing and trippy and fun :D

As for the OPs question, it depends what type of games you like, but overall i'd say yeah if you can afford it go for it... although if you can afford two consoles, i dont know why you're not buying a gaming pc instead /end obligatory pc is better comment
Because I think consoles are far superior for playing video games, is the short answer to that.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
believer258 said:
What I meant was that Uncharted is barely worth its asking price, much less an entire new console. It isn't very good.
I beg to differ really, it does what it's supposed to do extremely well. If that's not to your taste, well, that's another matter. I however liked what I heard when I heard about Uncharted, and found out it delivered on it's promises; a big-ass, B-movie-like adventure spectacle. And at least 2 with a good multiplayer to boot.

It's true however that it's not worth spending 300 bucks over. No single game is. But looking at the PS3 exclusive list you'll see that it's pretty long, offering a wide variety of games. Hence why I'd say yeah, the exclusives are worth it. Except of course when it offers nothing that caters to your tastes.
necromanzer52 said:
Because I think consoles are far superior for playing video games, is the short answer to that.
Might I ask why?

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Horrible, horrible, horrible question and you should feel bad for asking it. I understand things can be a bit subjective sometimes, but it's like you bent any sort of objectivity over a desk and went to town on it.

For some, a single game may validate the purchase.

For others, nothing will.

Really, it's a question of whether a game is good enough or not good enough.

Ashistheking

Nov 22, 2011
believer258 said:
Ashistheking said:
believer258 said:
Eh... depends.

The PS3 has several great exclusives but, to me, the few 360 exclusives are miles ahead in quality. InFamous is really good, and Resistance 3 is damn fun, and God of War is pretty fun (all of them), and those are all system sellers. However, one "system seller" isn't enough for me and neither is 3.

Do I think that buying one is a good idea? If you've got the extra money, yes. If you've spent the last six months saving up money for a PS3 and games, then I suggest putting it elsewhere because you worked too hard for that to get a console that isn't going to give you anything worth that time you missed.

And, as a general rule of thumb, multiplats almost always run slightly better on the 360.

Note that I'm not saying the PS3 is bad. It's the furthest thing from, and having both is certainly advantageous, but the worth of having both is directly related to how much extra money and time you have.

EDIT: However

If you do not and/or have never owned a Playstation 2, then get one of those and a good number of those great games that everyone talks about ASAP. The PS2 sold so many systems for a very good reason, and thus far its collection has not been outmatched by anything that isn't a PC.

EDIT 2: And, despite the hype built up around it, Uncharted is hardly anything better than "average, but fun" in everything except its dialogue. Its dialogue between characters - not story, just dialogue - is pretty well done and the voice acting is excellent. But what's stopping you from watching all of that on Youtube?

That comes from the one of the biggest fans of early Crash Bandicoot and the first four Jak and Daxter games, so that comment should not be taken lightly.
I love jak and daxter I played up to 3 were there anymore apart from the racing one? and yeah Ive heard a lot about uncharted might sway it for me. Crash! <3
What I meant was that Uncharted is barely worth its asking price, much less an entire new console. It isn't very good.

A fifth Jak and Daxter game was made, The Lost Frontier, but not by Naughty Dog. It was made by someone else that, frankly, sucks at making video games. They also buttfucked Ratchet and Clank with Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank.

However, an oft-forgotten PSP game by the name of Daxter was made, and damn is it excellent. If you have a PSP, then get it.
i completed it in one sitting sooo good :') i think ps3 need a new hero duo

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
DarkRyter said:
Really, it's a question of whether a game is good enough or not good enough.

...which is exactly what he was asking. Objectivity has nothing to do with this.

He wanted to know if, in our opinions, those games alone are good enough to justify the whole purchase. And I say they are.