Poll: Is it worth buying a ps3 just for the exclusives ?

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
it all depends on the question do you want to play those games?
Do you like the look of metal gear, kill zone and uncharted, if so get it if not wait till it goes budget.

Ashistheking

Nov 22, 2011
urahara75 said:
217not237 said:
*snipped*
I happen to love my PS3. It has some of my favorite games this gen, and I can pay $10 for games I missed on the PS1 that would cost $25 at the least anywhere else. If you like what it offers. Heavy Rain, Disgaea, God of War, Ratchet & Clank, Demons' Souls, Flower, Killzone, Resistance, Uncharted, and Metal Gear Solid are all great if you like the genres they're in.
Don't forget LittleBigPlanet, Vanquish, inFamous, Gran Turismo, ModNation Racers, SOCOM, and Yakuza series! :p
vanquish is on either but i did forget about yakuza 4 ive heard a lot of it :)

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
necromanzer52 said:
As the list of ps3 exclusives, I want to play increases, I find myself getting closer to buying it. As soon as I have the time & the money I will.

inFAMOUS
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy rain
Uncharted
metal gear solid 4
Ico & shadow of the colossus HD

Anything else?
inFAMOUS (worst third person shooter of this generation, save your money)
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy rain
Uncharted
metal gear solid 4
Killzone (2 & 3 are much better than the first one)
LittleBigPlanet
3D Dot Game Heroes

There you go, much better. :)

Ashistheking

Nov 22, 2011
this has been pretty helpful but i didnt realise a ps4 ? how long will we have to wait for that ??? I dont want to get a new ps3 to have a ps4 come out in a year I did that with the dsi xl then the 3ds ca,e oiy 2 months later RAGE!

Ashistheking

Nov 22, 2011
this has been pretty helpful but i didnt realise a ps4 ? how long will we have to wait for that ??? I dont want to get a new ps3 to have a ps4 come out in a year I did that with the dsi xl then the 3ds came out 2 months later RAGE!

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
If you think the 360s were worth it then the same can be said for the PS3 since tehy have about the same types of exclusives. Though really I've never owned a home console that was worth just the exclusives alone except for the PS2 (and the persona series) and the Gamecube (with custom robo and windwaker).

now if P5 is a PS3 exclusive, then definitely.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
mjc0961 said:
necromanzer52 said:
As the list of ps3 exclusives, I want to play increases, I find myself getting closer to buying it. As soon as I have the time & the money I will.

inFAMOUS
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy rain
Uncharted
metal gear solid 4

Anything else?
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy rain
Uncharted
metal gear solid 4
LittleBigPlanet
3D Dot Game Heroes

GASP infamous 2 is a awesome game and BTW it isn't a third person shooter :p

EzraPound

Jan 26, 2008
Ashistheking said:
I have the gears of war xbox360 and a lot of games some exclusives BUT im not sure whether buying a ps3 for its exclusives is worth it ? If a game came out on both id have to go for 360 as i think the online service is way better and I have many friends on it. So what do you think is it worth it?
I own a PS3 and I think the answer is no, but perhaps your tastes differ--while I enjoyed the Shadow of the Colossus/Ico collection, I personally think the Metal Gear Solid series, Uncharted series, Killzone series, Resistance series, and Heavy Rain are all overrated. As for the Rachet & Clank games--if you were looking for 3D platformers, why not buy a Wii?

To be fair, there are a few others--but I'm not convinced inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, or God of War I-III, etc. are essential gaming, especially when lined up alongside the likes of Portal 2, Skyrim, Arkham City, etc. If anything, I'd buy a Wii, if you don't own one already--it has Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, the Metroid Prime Trilogy, Super Paper Mario, Zack & Wiki, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, the best version of Resident Evil 4, etc. It's also cheaper.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
It depends what you're into, the only PS3 exclusives I've particularly got into are God of War HD collection and 3, and inFamous is all right if not a little repetitive. But if you do like the look of the Killzones, LBP, Ratchet and Clank, it could be worth it.

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
No.

I've voiced my opinion on this several times before. Except for GT5, all the other exclusives have seemed either, generic, bland, drab, depressing, not of my style, or just otherwise mediocre like they spent more money on advertising instead of development. Infamous, Kill Zone, Resistance and the Drakes Fortune series are mainly what I am directing this at.

But my opinion seems to be contradictory to the majority opinion so take that as you will.

Also, I don't consider the PS1 & 2 classics in this matter. If that is the case, than just having a legitimate way to play FF7, FF Tactics and a bunch of other older games does weigh in the PS3's favor.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
mjc0961 said:
necromanzer52 said:

inFAMOUS
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy rain
Uncharted
metal gear solid 4

Anything else?
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy rain
Uncharted
metal gear solid 4
LittleBigPlanet
3D Dot Game Heroes

inFAMOUS is a third person shooter?

Azure9

Sep 19, 2010
kenu12345 said:
mjc0961 said:
necromanzer52 said:

inFAMOUS
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy rain
Uncharted
metal gear solid 4

Anything else?
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy rain
Uncharted
metal gear solid 4
LittleBigPlanet
3D Dot Game Heroes

GASP infamous 2 is a awesome game and BTW it isn't a third person shooter :p
i only played though the first infamous but yea it is a third person shooter. Most of your characters abilities have the same function of conventional weapons, like the zoom high power lighting shot ability is really just a sniper rifle. Its still a fun game but your kidding yourself if you seeing this as a super hero game vs a third person shooter game.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
I'd say no. There's just no reason to spend over 300$ for the chance to play a couple exclusives. I mean, if there was more to the PS3 then the exclusives you'd want, then I'd be more towards 'yes' but just for the exclusives? No. Unless you fit this category:

-Can't live without owning as many game consoles as possible

-Have plenty of money to burn

-Found a very very cheap, working PS3

-You wanna marry the PS3

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
I say yes.

I loved inFamous 2. Easily, it is one of my favorite games I've ever played. So I would say buy a PS3 if only for that.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I'd have to say no.

Don't get me wrong, the PS3 does have a few nice exclusives, (Uncharted and the Team Ico games come to mind) but unless you have a lot of money to burn then I wouldn't say they're enough to justify the cost of a new console. Most good games are multi-platform.