Poll: Is New Vegas a rip off?

skywalkerlion

Jun 21, 2009
It looks like a mod that someone slapped a big old $60 price tag on, that isnt even made by Bethesda. I'm still boggled why anyone would want to pay that much money to play fallout on a different map.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Probably mentioned already, but a sequel is going to both add new things and be similar to the previous entry, mate.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
darkkan2125 said:
and there no liberty prime ...yet
Liberty Prime? You mean the same Liberty Prime from a number of years back (as NV is set after Fallout 3) and on the other side of the country? The same Liberty Prime that was eventually

more or less completely destroyed

in the Broken Steel DLC? That Liberty Prime? I don't know why it would even be in there.

Funny, when I first heard of a Borderlands (back when it was still serious), I initially dismissed it as being a Fallout 3 ripoff. You know, because it had a vault in it. Such plagiarism. :p

But no, it's not a ripoff. Much the same way Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull wasn't a ripoff of earlier Indy films. Seeing that it featured the same character played by the same actor and helmed by the same director as previous films. Just to reference another New vegas related post here.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Whaaa? How can a sequel rip off its predecessor? I was under the impression the point is they are kinda suppose to be the same.

Aedrial

Jun 24, 2009
It does look much like Fallout 3: New Vegas: The Expansion Pack. But I dont care. I'm buying it anyway.

HellspawnCandy

Oct 29, 2009
The map is roughly the same size actually, only pain about the game is the massive buggage, spent a couple hours doing a quest only for the game to crash and me lose my quicksaves to an older one, and my regular saves deleted. :(

Vidi Kitty

Feb 20, 2010
Most people seem to think the OP said ripoff as in copying the last game. I'm pretty sure he meant not worth the new game price tag. I haven't started the game myself yet, but even if its just like an expansion on Fallout 3, its probably worth it.

About To Crash

Apr 24, 2009
I'm sorry, you thought this game WASN'T going to be more of Fallout 3? Why did you think that? There was nothing to indicate otherwise, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out, bugs included. It's hard to call it a rip-off if it's from the originals designers. Also, It may be smaller, it may have different bits, but it's also got a different feel. Not a largely noticeable difference, just a small difference in the feel of people and locations. Also, most sequels are just the same controls with maybe a couple additives in new environments with new objectives. All those games we loved as kids were exactly that. Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Super Mario Bros.... That's was these game did. I didn't mind it then, I and I don't mind it on a game I needed more of anyway.

SirusTheMadDJ

Dec 2, 2009
First off. Being English, and thus unable to play the game until Friday. So, take what I say with some salt.

But from just watching the trailer and the comments from those playing the game, I can safely say you have no idea what you are talking about. There are considerable changes to the way you can order your followers around, there's a completely new setting, more weapons and a customisation system.

darkkan2125 said:
I've been playing New Vegas for a while now and i think it just should of been an expansion at a lower price not a full priced game.

New Vegas is just basically Fallout 3
Much like Oblivion is to Morrowind....Except it isn't.

Much like [Insert Sequel here] is to [Insert earlier game in series here] expect it isn't.

This isn't made by Nintendo. Don't expect the same game just with a new gimmick.

the bugs are back
Name me one game that hasn't had bugs in it on release. I'm a pretty patient guy.

mod arent out for it
Seriously? No-one has made anything for the game within the last two-three days? OUTRAGE.
/sarcasm

Takes time to learn what textures that are in the game, or to create new ones. This isn't Little Big Planet or Trackmania you know.

Because every Fallout game needs a giant robot with throwaway stereotypical lines to make it awesome...Am I the only person who doesn't love Prime? d=(

mklnjbh

Mar 22, 2009
The map did seem a bit smaller, but as I see it the towns are closer and I haven't really spread out that far. Hell, I haven't even the foggiest idea where New Vegas or the dam is after 9 hours. It is much different- set with a feel of 50's rat-pack mixed with the Old West. Caesar's Legion is fairly well defined (for being a tribal army of Romans, that is) and the NCR handily outmatches the BoS in ters of a "good" faction. I prefer seeing less power-armoured space marines with lasers.

So far, my only concern is that a combat knife has a value of around 150-200 caps.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
Sleekgiant said:
Oh god your spelling DX

Also you could say that for any sequel:
Hurr durr Bioshock 2 should have been a DLC

If you don't like it sell it or deal with it.

Also it was just released so of course there are bugs and no mods out, mods TAKE TIME!!!
On one hand, I completely agree with you on everything. On the other hand, I can't help but be amazed at the fact that you joined January of this year and have twenty thousand posts....impressive.

Many games are rip offs. Many sequels are rip offs. I haven't had the chance to play New Vegas yet but it doesn't seem like it should be DLC. It seems too big and it'll have it's own story, you're a different wanderer and there seems to be tons of new enemies and weapons. DLC that big would pretty much cost as much as a game.

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
Doesn't he mean a rip off as in not worth buying for the price?
darkkan2125 said:
I've been playing New Vegas for a while now and i think it just should of been an expansion at a lower price not a full priced game.

cept

the map is smaller

the bugs are back

mod arent out for it

You mean a rip off as in not worth buying for the price right?
I don't know how so many people misread misinterpreted your topic if so lol

P.S. Unlocking now (bit later here in Aus)

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
darkkan2125 said:

cept

the map is smaller

the bugs are back

mod arent out for it

That's cause you bought the wrong game, obviously the real fallout sequel is FFXIII, they changed so much you'll notice its almost an entirely new game. Infact, they even went ahead and changed the name.

Good luck, hope this helps. =]

Aulleas123

Aug 12, 2009
I'm gonna get it eventually. I haven't had the opportunity to play it yet but I've seen it being played, and yes there are a bunch of glitches, bugs, and screw-ups in the game. From what I've seen, it will take a lot of patches and downloads to fix it. However I don't think that this is much of a rip off. An expansion is going to be naturally smaller than an original game (such as maps, characters, skills, etc). This is basically another opportunity to see more new toys and gizmos from the original game. I don't think New Vegas is perfect, however I think it's gonna be a fun game.