Poll: Is sex an important component of your life?

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Its not super important, but its nice.

Actually with the recent heat wave in Melbourne, I actually thought about calling someone I'd seen a while ago, because they might have had air conditioning.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
Ejaculating at least three times a week reduces your chance of testicular cancer.

The sex bit is nice too...

cuddly_tomato

Nov 12, 2008
During my teen years it was all I did. Every waking hour was spent either eating, sleeping or getting laid/attempting to get laid. Now I am older it seems to be far less important. It's still fun and important, but if push came to shove I could do without and not suffer for it.

Dramatic Flare

Frightening Frolicker
Jun 18, 2008
I don't need sex, and won't tolerate sex as a weapon against me, but it does help to have around.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
My vote would have to be a split between "Im always horny" and "Im a virgin", cause i'm always horny and i think im a virgin..long story short i had a blackout one night at a party which i spent with this girl but due to to much alcohol + some minor drug use i cant remember what happened.

So not sure if i've done it or not, but i know that If i found a girl that i liked it would be a big part of my life, atleast once a week or more depending on how good it is.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
BrynThomas said:
Actually with the recent heat wave in Melbourne, I actually thought about calling someone I'd seen a while ago, because they might have had air conditioning.
Best reason i've ever heard to try and score with an old flame xD

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
Grampy_bone said:
Sex is like air: it only matters if you're not getting any.
Quoted for truth.
That just made my day. Here I am looking for something to quote and say "this" and along comes this gem of insightful genius.

I tip my hat to you, Grampy Bone.

ilikepie59

Dec 4, 2008
I would imagine, given the average age/ social ranking on here, that many people will say something like "I'm a virgin", or "i haven't had a girlfriend/boyfriend" but then say that they're not interested or something. (And yes, I admit that I am one of these people)

Face it. On some level, we all want it. It's just a basic human instinct really.
It may even be a subconscious thing or you just don't think about it normally.

I would imagine that some of the social elements of sex could be both beneficial and harmful in different situations, so even though we might all want it, sex isn't something to just "do" if you get the chance.

On the other hand, people that are better than some of us with the opposite gender (or the same gender) will probably say that they enjoy it. I would be surprised to see anyone who doesn't.

Feel free to surprise me though.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
When I was a kid sex was pretty important all the time, second only to drugs. Then I fell in love (awww how sweet...). I found that sex was pretty damned important when you're in a relationship with someone you love. However, after that, I found that unless you are with someone you love, sex is pretty much weak sauce. It's like alcohol compared to heroin, why bother?

Cahlee

Aug 21, 2008
I wouldn't say I'm 'horny all the time', that said though, I really do enjoy sex but only if I'm with someone that I trust and usually am involved with.

I think it's an important part of a relationship, it's an amazing way to be intimate and show your love for someone. To me it's not just physical, it's emotional and in a way almost spiritual.

Aaaaanyways, sex is good.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Sex is just a Animalistic urge..a feeling basically I can't see any deeper meaning to it

Sex and Love are entirely different things, I have met too many people* that make painful claims such as "THE PENIS IS A KEY AND WHEN SEX HAPPENS THEY UNLOCK TEH HAPPINESS DUST!"

*Usually have nothing else apart from Sex to enjoy in their life

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
walker.au said:
sex is the cure-all medicine...
can't sleep... hide the sausage
feeling down.. hide the sausage
bored... hide the sausage
want to celebrate... hide the sauage
celebrating Oktoberfest... cook up the sausage

Wait... OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE

KeithA45

Jan 19, 2009
CaptainEgypt said:
I haven't had a serious girlfriend in over a year, and I don't exactly get laid all the time, but I find I am a much more calm and collected person when I have recently had meaningful sexual contact. Random shit doesn't really do it for me.
Agreed. It's not essential to life but it certainly does some good

KeithA45

Jan 19, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Sex is the least important aspect of a relationship, so much so that I don't plan on having it unless I find someone I see myself staying with for the majority of my life.
And even then, I'd rather be doing something else.

EDIT: Also, in case anyone decides to go the "you'll change your mind you don't know what you're talking about" route: I don't need to get shot to know it's going to fucking hurt (after shock wears off, obviously.) Don't need to have sex to know it's not something I care about.
Eh... Maybe. Not to discredit you, but I used to feel the same way until I got a serious girlfriend and we were both pretty sexual. But I know plenty of people that sex really doesn't interest them. Just keep an open mind.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
This poll is flawed. I am both a Virgin and Horny all the time. New option please!

TheThanatos

May 8, 2008
scumofsociety said:
When I was a kid sex was pretty important all the time, second only to drugs. Then I fell in love (awww how sweet...). I found that sex was pretty damned important when you're in a relationship with someone you love. However, after that, I found that unless you are with someone you love, sex is pretty much weak sauce. It's like alcohol compared to heroin, why bother?
Its worse when you?re both drug users and like to smoke and pop pill's, then fuck like bunnies till the morning comes. After wards both drugs and sex aren?t as good with out some one you love.
I?m always horny, but I don?t go out pulling random birds. It's not that I don?t walk down the street thinking yeah I'd hit that, but as a lot of people mentioned when it's not with someone you love its kind of meh. Enjoyable at the time and a few hours after, then that night you go to bed and have no one to cuddle up to and it sucks. When I am in a relationship my sex drive seems to kick up another notch and I get extra horney, that's caused some problems with girls with low sex drives, but with a similar girl it's carnal fun happy time.
To quote my last GF, you?re a perv, but you?re my perv.