Poll: Is sex sacred to you?

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
Sex is a big part of what it means to be human. I don't think anyone here is going to deny it. Evolutionarily speaking, its the entire point of our existence. There has traditionally been a integral connection between religion and sex. For an example just off the top of my head, the priestesses in mesopotamia used to be prostitutes. Priestitutes as it were.

So my question is what is your personal philosophy regarding sex? Is it a sacrosanct, perhaps even divine thing, or is it just a form of release as mundane as eating or sleeping?

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Spiritually, sex is a pretty meaningless experience for me, really. But as far as meaningless experiences go, it's one of the best.

Poll makes no sense at all btw.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Sex only has the importance you place in it. For me it tends to differ significantly depending on circumstances/the people involved.

Generally i'm pretty laid-back about it though. I don't "save myself" or view it as a very precious thing. It is what it is. Honestly, if i had more oppurtunities for casual sex i'd jump at them with arms wide open.

Malconvoker

Nov 1, 2011
Sex is something I don't want.

Quick sketch of me: Female, 21, Asexual

There has never been a scenario where I have ever considered sex. It is something I see as a disgusting act that I would never willingly participate in.

That being said, for other people, it is something to be respected. Sex is something that should require some sort of respect between the two people. For chosen partners, married or otherwise, they should respect each other. Friends with benefits should know that they respect each other. Prostitutes, female and male, should be professional if sex was safer.

tl;dr Sex is an issue of RESPECT

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
ChaoticKraus said:
Sex only has the importance you place in it. For me it tends to differ significantly depending on circumstances/the people involved.

Generally i'm pretty laid-back about it though. I don't "save myself" or view it as a very precious thing. It is what it is. Honestly, if i had more oppurtunities for casual sex i'd jump at them with arms wide open.
Pretty much exactly this.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Yes and no.

I would not go to bed with just anyone, but I can have casual sex if it feels right.
Even if I have a "fuck buddy" (is it still called that when I'm the guy?) there is still some level of feeling involved.

I don't usually do one night stands, if I like someone enough to have sex with them the first night I usually want to get to know them.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Hmm. None of the above. I don't find it sacred in any way shape or form.
Nor do I trivialise it as just a bit of harmless fun.

I don't even understand the other options you've given...

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Sex is amazing, but in the end I can't connect it to spiritual enlightenment or holiness at all. Love, absolutely, but not spirituality.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Sex is awesome.
But it has no value to me other then super awesome pleasure.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Sex isn't sacred or anything like that in my book. I'm still a virgin and in my senior year of highschool with no intention of losing it anytime soon. With good reason: I have to get a 25 or 26 on the ACT for a scholarship to not pay for college, I have to keep a 3.3 or any chance for a scholarship is gone, I have to generally act like a good guy in front of people even when I want to tear their heads off, etc. etc.

Back on topic: As I said, I'm a virgin in highschool and although I wouldn't mine having sex with one of the girls at my school(belive me, I'm up for it) a lot of the girls are either bisexual or a lesbian. Not to mention that a lot of their attitudes are nasty to begin with.

So what I'm trying to say is that I'm up for sex, casual or in relationship, but my general displeasure with the way some of the girls act, added with my focus of getting into college, sex is the last thing on my mind.

Malconvoker

Nov 1, 2011
l33tness08 said:
Malconvoker said:
Sex is something I don't want.

Quick sketch of me: Female, 21, Asexual

There has never been a scenario where I have ever considered sex. It is something I see as a disgusting act that I would never willingly participate in.

That being said, for other people, it is something to be respected. Sex is something that should require some sort of respect between the two people. For chosen partners, married or otherwise, they should respect each other. Friends with benefits should know that they respect each other. Prostitutes, female and male, should be professional if sex was safer.

tl;dr Sex is an issue of RESPECT
You're contradicting yourself when you say you are both female AND asexual.... just sayin'

On topic: No... I'm not saving myself, but neither am I going out getting it on with every second person.
Just sayin' back => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
sex is that thing tat happens when I am drunk. as you can see that i have clearly have given it very little meaning, but just like everything else, an action can only have the meaning you give it. if you think its a spiritual exercise then fair doos, if you think its a physical exercise the fair doos to them as well

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
Sex is very special to me. :) And I like to call it making love. :3 I'm a romantic at heart, you see. Though I do have to say when Tom and I are role-playing it tends to get a little saucy. And damn do I love it.

EDIT: We've been together for 1000 days today! Only 8001 more to go and we'll be over 9000! ;D

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Yes.

I'm not particularly religious, but I feel sex should be saved for someone who you share a strong connection with. I look at sex as being the same as making love, where many people will consider those two terms entirely different.

In other words, I'd need to feel a very strong bond with the person...something that probably wouldn't happen until we've been together for several months at least.

GenericPCUser

Dec 22, 2010
Well... if that sex has the potential to create life, then yeah it's sacred. Creating life is something truly amazing and it keeps us as a species alive.

However, homosexual or protected sex is just fun to me, not really something special.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I enjoy sex and don't save it for marriage, but I don't have sex with someone unless there's a little spark between us either. I find that a happy medium

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
I understand others placing less importance on sex, but I personally hold sex to be somewhat sacred. While I don't feel the need to wait until I'm married to the person to have sex with them, I do wait for love.

Deal with me being a hopeless romantic. :p