Poll: Is the true reason we hate MW2 because the game or the people who play it?

dabronc7

Jul 16, 2009
MurderousToaster said:
dabronc7 said:
MurderousToaster said:
I don't hate the game and I may hold some hate towards the idiotic, E-number induced moron thirteen year olds who scream down their mics at the slightest provocation, but the main reason for my displeasure is the way the game was maintained. They only patched a couple problems and then gave up.

To use an analogy, there's a doctor (Infinity Ward) who finds a patient (MW2) has been shot in the chest quite a few times and is rapidly bleeding out. The doctor proceeds to, incredibly slowly, remove the bullet from and plug up two of the gaping holes in his chest (the Model 1887s and the Care Package Glitch). He then finds that one of the holes has reopened and slowly fixes it again (Model 1887s FMJ Bling). He then notices that the patient has already given him his money for the procedure and notices his colleagues being fired for violating the Hippocratic Oath (the mass firings/quittings of IW's staff for violations of contract). He just thinks "Fuck this." and walks out leaving the patient still choking on their own blood and vomit with their chest full of holes(OMA grenade launchers, countless map glitches, Commando, weapon balance issues, leaderboard hacking, 10th Prestige lobbies and a lot more). However, the patient isn't being allowed to die. Abandoned by his doctors, the patient just sits there, dying of blood loss, covered in his own sick, blood and excrement. And, hell, his friends and family beg the doctor to come back and he says he will, lying through his teeth, but never bothers to return.
Alright, I understand the anology that you are trying to make about the unbalanced gameplay but to blame IW is only partly correct. The majority of IW was not fired for "violation of contract", Jason West and Frank Zampella were fired by Activision for daring to ask for their compensation designated in their contract. Subsequently, a majority of the staff left because they felt it was an oppresive work environment. Collectively they filed a lawsuit against Activision for the compensation they should have been given. Activision had directed them to create COD MW 3 and 4, without their choice or input. So they had no opportunity to patch the game after the firings and subsequent mass quitting.
The problem being that the problems had been around for months before they all got fired or quit. Also, Robert Bowling actually had the balls to go onto the Call of Duty forums and claim that they were going to fix everything in response to a popular Call of Duty type on YouTube's machinima channel, effectively stating to the entirety of the Machinima.com community that they were going to fix everything wrong with the game. This was about three or four months ago now. I think it's reasonable to be a bit pissed at a developer for lying to its entire fanbase about the things that are making the game's online less fun.
I'm not disagreeing with the problems in the multiplayer. Also don't disagree with it was wrong for them to announce patches that never came. But I believe those announcements were made in Jan-Feb and the terminations occured March 4 and mass exit about a week later. So taking that into account, they really didn't have time to fix the things they promised.

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
The game was flawed off the bat which made it easy for douchebags to be douchebags. And then the screeching children also killed the experience too. So it's both, definitely.