Poll: Its midnight and there's power outage. Its dark everywhere and no electricity. What would you do?

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
Its midnight and there's power outage. Its dark everywhere and no electricity. What would you do?

Personally I wouldnt know what to do to be honest. I'd be very scared. But I guess I'd try and talk with my family or friends around me.

Guys. What would you do?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Power outages do me no good, I get desperate and annoyed, last time one happened and I was around people I kissed someone, and I hate touching people, it was weird, the answer is something out of character, so whatever that means.

I just remembered, I must sit still quietly in the dark because I keep accidentally lighting my hair on fire whenever I'm around candles @_@

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Depends how long. It's happened where I live a couple times at night and typically we just chill out, light candles, and keep doing what we were doing. If it lasts a couple hours I'd start getting nervous and probably start trying to figure out whats wrong using radios and other means.

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
This happens to me weekly (or even more often). I go to bed, usually. The other day I cooked and ate by candlelight.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Start singing Queen's "Under Pressure" at the top of my lungs and start a lone, impromptu karaoke party in the dark.

Nah, I'd just call it the night.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
Fap If I didn't feel sleepy I'd just light the candles in my room and read a book. Everyone in my household would be asleep at midnight so it's not like I'm going to wake them up to have a chat about how the lights are off. I can barely fucking tolerate them at the best of times anyway.

aswm

Mar 7, 2012
I would probably just go to sleep. But since the power cables where i live is burried it doesn't really happen.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
If it's at midnight, I wouldn't even notice. I'd be sleeping soundly, and then wake up the next day probably never knowing it had happened.

It's happened before with water.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
Living right next to the mountains, winter blizzards cutting off everything including electricity are a
statistical certainty. At some point, we *will* have a winter storm that will knock out the power.
I keep everything we will need to last out at least a week w/o power/supplies stocked at all times.
Including candles & an electric lantern/batteries.
But if it's midnight, go to sleep (w/extra blankets, likely to get *cold*) & re-assess in the morning.

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
Go to sleep.

I grew up in a house in the sub-suburbs in western Washington, US. Which translates to: lots of rain, occasional high winds, lots of trees right next to power lines and very low priority for power companies. Power outages were pretty common for me; they'd happen four, maybe five times a year, and last a day on average. Then there was the Hanukkah Storm which knocked out the power for two weeks. Fun times.

So yeah, pretty much you do what you can with what light you have, and then get to sleep or go into town when you can't see anymore.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
None of the above, I would hope none of my batteries on anything have run out and do those instead.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Sleep, duh. If it's midnight and I can't spend the night on the usual stuff, I might as well get some shut-eye.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I think you're gonna get a general consensus of "sleep" here OP - had your hypothetical been at 9-10pm, you may get more varied answers.

Jayemsal

Dec 28, 2012
Ldude893 said:
Start singing Queen's "Under Pressure" at the top of my lungs and start a lone, impromptu karaoke party in the dark.

Nah, I'd just call it the night.
Pretty much this, either have some good ol' fashioned in the dark fun/sexytiem or go to sleep.

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
Auron225 said:
I think you're gonna get a general consensus of "sleep" here OP - had your hypothetical been at 9-10pm, you may get more varied answers.
True. Looking at the poll results, most people voted for the sleeping option.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
We actually had a power outage last night around 8pm. Just my house (The breakers flipped, it happens a lot.)

Luckily my laptop was fully charged, so I was holding it like a giant lamp for my family while we tried to fix the power. I also lit some candles.

I was all set to enjoy some candlelight partying, but then my brother fixed it. =[

I'd probably eat if it was a real power outage. With a ton of candles around me. I can't sleep well in pitch blackness.... ;_;