Poll: It's that crazy football time in Europe again...

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
(hey, if we have the Super Bowl threads, we have to have this one too)

So, the UEFA Champions' League semifinal pairings have been drawn. Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea and Bayern München vs. Real Madrid.

All you fans of European football, what is your take on it? Can Atletico pull another fast one and make it to the finals after kicking out Barcelona? Will Bayern just take the crown again? Or will Mouninho do some of his foul sorcery to make Chelsea win it?

Having always been a gunner, I was of course miffed that Arsenal AGAIN got kicked out immediately in the playoffs, then I got a tad sad when Dortmund didn't manage to turn it around on Real, so at this point I'm mostly rooting for Atletico because they're the ones that can be feasibly called the "underdog" here (would be awesome if they also won the Spanish league, at that).

Also, there's no "I don't care option".

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Unfortunately as an American, I am rarely able to watch soccer because TV here in 'Merica is afraid that it'll catch The European (or something, I don't see why else they would not be willing to show it on ESPN 3 at the very least).

I love to watch soccer when it is on but I really can't follow it at all since I never get to actually watch it. The World Cup is really the only time I get to since the vast majority of it is televised but even then, I have to just root for 'Merica until we get knocked out. Then I can cheer for Germany for they seem to be a very aggressive and attacking team (or at least they were four years ago...)

Alas, I'm stuck watching the little buggers I coach try to play soccer. That's pretty much my only source of live soccer D: (at least until Ziggy, the Minnesota Vikings owner, brings us a MLS team :D)

Note: I did not vote for I would be going off of name alone

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I don't really follow UEFA football but I'm totally psyched for the football world cup coming in like 60 days.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
I think bayern will pull it off again. Id like to see a bayern chelsea final. A spanish final would be a bit dull and I think if it was real chelsea then chelsea will park the bus. Premier league and bundisleague(sp?) are nuch better to watch

Real and bayern is anyones guess though

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
My Uncle is really into this stuff even though I'm not. I'll hear about the highlights come Christmas this year, don't you worry. ;)

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
It's anybody's guess really, it's pretty close. I'd like Atletico to win it because it'd be awesome if they maaged to win the CL and the domestic title.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Personally, I want Atletico to win it (partly because of underdog status, partly because of their style of play, and finally because the other three have un-likeable elements of their club, or at least more than Atletico), but I think Bayern will probably win it.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
I'd love Atletico to win it but Costa got a horrific injury today and the whole Courtious affair is a bit iffy so I can see Chelsea getting into the final.

If not them for me it's really a case of not Bayern, never been a big fan of them.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
Well, Bayern are favourites so they're an easy logical choice. And, I'm a Chelsea fan so that's an easy preference.

We've done really well this season, being written off fairly early but now that it's come to the end of the season we're in the CL semis and one of three at the top of the extremely tight PL. Not bad at all.

Ubiquitous Duck

Jan 16, 2014
Where is the option for Cristiano Ronaldo?

That's who is going to win it.

I really think that the Real v Bayern is the real final. I imagine Chelsea will find a way to meander into the final, but they would be put down at the moment by either Real or Bayern.

Seriously, Ronaldo is the key factor, within himself. If he shows up properly for these matches, he will determine the outcome. He's a match-winner, he's world class and the best forward ever.

And that's all coming from a Chelsea fan...

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
As a Bayern supporter I hope and think they will win it again this year.

We have done really well this season, and barring major injuries we should have a good chance to take the title.
Of course it is not going to be easy at this stage, and the semis vs Ral Madrid will prove a tough challenge.
But they don't call us "La bestia negra" for nothing!

If not them, then I feel Atletico is a worthy winner.

Also, I screw teams that park the bus!

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I'd like for Bayern to win, as a Bayern fan, but I just haven't been terribly convinced in the matches I've seen them play this year. They were damn near unstoppable under Jupp Heynckes but seem to have lost their edge with Guardiola in charge.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I'd go for either Atletico or Real to win.

Depends if Diego Costa can recover, else they will be in big trouble.