Poll: Jade Empire 2

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
gmaverick019 said:
OT: jade empire 2 would be awesome, but where would they take it? right after the first one? 100 years later? 200 years later? I'm just curious as to where it would possibly go..
Well think about this...

you were the last of the spirit monks
so that's a plot hook right there.

It's already proven that the world goes to pieces without them. You could even continue as who you were because of the implications of that. The problem with be integrating all the endings.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
For the love of Christ, I hope so. The first, while not particularly great, had so much potential, and I'm certain that modern technology, and the now more console-experienced Bioware, can bring that out.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
latenightapplepie said:
I loved the original! It took me a while though. At first I didn't like it at all, but it grew on me terribly.
Same as me; I started playing and found I really didn't like the combat. Ten hours later I'm still playing and loving every second of it. I honestly don't know why I switched to liking it, but I did in a big way.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
DO WANT.

They've become a lot better at combat systems since then, and it's an awesome setting.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Oh, yes. They've gotten much better with action, so they could really make the combat something special. The combat in the Jade Empire was fun, but very simple and formulaic (spam attack, jump over enemy, repeat).

shufflemonkey16

Mar 7, 2008
The original had terrible combat, but it was Bioware's first game to have real-time combat. Bioware has been getting better at real-time with the Mass Effect games, but those were shooters whereas Jade Empire was more a brawler. If they can more effectively emulate brawlers and fighting games and keep it feeling like an in-depth rpg, they totally should make another Jade Empire, though it would be hard for them to top the original in terms of plot/story, and it would be impossible to top that game in characterization.

CarpathianMuffin

Space. Lance.
Jun 7, 2010
I'd definitely buy. While I didn't play much of the first one, just a weekend hijacking my brother's PC while he was out of town not too long ago, I thought it was pretty fun.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
With Dragon Age 2 out in little more than a month, The Old Republic launching this year, and Mass Effect 3 ending the trilogy this year or 2012...Bioware will suddenly have a lot of time on it's hands. Outside of the MMO crew maintaining TOR, at least.

Anyone else thinking they should start making a Jade Empire 2?
Whilst firmly in the DO WANT camp I'd probably choose a new IP over yet another sequel. We need companies like Bioware, Betheseda and Blizzard to step up and start encouraging the making of original games again before the industry gets hollywood style threequelitis...

BUT that said, if they do another Jade Empire, I won't be satisfied until Jackie Chan himself provides a main voice for a character. This franchise pretty much owes it's existance to Jackie Chan movies...

Edit: I forgot Jackie is my avatar whilst writing this, please don't think i'm a raving Jackie fanboy... [sub]Unless it's cool to be one or whatever[/sub]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
shufflemonkey16 said:
it would be impossible to top that game in characterization.

You can't beat Wildflower, Black Whirlwind, Zu, and Henpecked Hou. You just can't...

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
shufflemonkey16 said:
it would be impossible to top that game in characterization.

You can't beat Wildflower, Black Whirlwind, Zu, and Henpecked Hou. You just can't...
Don't forget Sir Roderick Ponce Von Fontlebottom the Magnificent Bastard.

He's such an awesome character that if Jade Empire had been released this generation, there would have been a DLC episode chronicling his story, starting with ill-fated voyage that lead to him being shipwrecked in the Jade Empire and telling his adventures as he tries to make it back home to Blighty.

DLC episodes following other character from the game would be great, like the Black Whirlwind's adventures drinking and fighting around the world.

I hope they make a sequel just so we can play as some of the other NPCs.