Poll: Jagermeister: Manly or not?

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
So lately me and my friends have been in a big debate wether or not Jagermeister is manly or not. Half of my friends think it is manly, while the others think it is not.

The reasons for this argument:
Not manly - All the girls on TV shows drink Jagermeister/Jagerbombs when on a night out (I think my friends mentioned one tree hill.. im not sure). That is their reason they believe Jager is not manly, because an American TV show told them what is cool to drink if your on the piss and you happen to have breasts.

It is manly - Its a fairly strong drink. It has a strong taste, not a drink to be drank lightly. The damn logo is a stag's head.
Also i just learnt it means "Hunting Master".

Please note that when i say my friends, im meaning around 4 girls/4guys for NOT MANLY, and 4 girls/3guys think it IS manly.

Whats your opinion on Jager?
(Please mention your gender when giving your views).

[sub]Beer will for ever be the manliest drink.[/sub]
[sub]Please don't let your masculinity/feminism be altered or hurt because of this thread, it is just opinions.[/sub]

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
I think the "Not manly" argument is retarded, but I have no opinion myself.

I take issue with terms like "Manly" on principle.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
I wonder why you need to believe that it is manly?

You need to drink a manly drink to be a man nowdays?

Hlain

Sep 26, 2009
Don't know if it's manly, but it sure is christian.
Terrible taste either way.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Screw you guys, I am going to enjoy my cosmopolitans AND be comfortable with my sexuality!

Yes, if you consider a hard drink that delivers a blergh taste, then yes it is manly.

heavy-metal-ink

Dec 10, 2009
Straight from the bottle, without being watered down by red bull = Manly.
Though i have to admit Jager-Bombs are awesome after a few pints too...
Also, you fail to have noticed that your friends said that jager isnt manly, yet they watch one tree hill ? cmon, you have to see the hypocritical side of that... (i understand if they're all girls then my argument is invalid).

ps: im male.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
I'm a guy and really its just a drink, nothing really manly about drinking something, no matter how strong it is.

muckinscavitch

Jul 27, 2009
It is as long as you don't 'pussify' it by turning it into a "Jaeger-bomb". Drink it ice cold and straight, goes well with skiing.

I actually dislike black-lickerish?, but when it is ice cold and syrupy, Jaeger is awesome.

jark.jark

Dec 6, 2009
Hunting master. That sounds like a manly drink name to me.I'm a Man.

Guys, relax about not needing to prove your manliness. We all know it's no big deal.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
heavy-metal-ink said:
Straight from the bottle, without being watered down by red bull = Manly.
Though i have to admit Jager-Bombs are awesome after a few pints too...
Also, you fail to have noticed that your friends said that jager isnt manly, yet they watch one tree hill ? cmon, you have to see the hypocritical side of that... (i understand if they're all girls then my argument is invalid).

ps: im male.
Its split 4 girls/4guys think its not manly.
4 girls/3guys think it IS manly.

justcallmeslow

Dec 18, 2009
It's a great shot and jaegerbombs are good too. It's not manly but it's not feminine.

Why does it even matter? As has been said, if you're trying desperately to be seen to drink manly drinks then it just shows insecurity. One of my best friends is a guy who drinks rose-petal vodka lemonade. He likes the taste, big deal?

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Here's a question. Why the fuck does it matter? If you like it, drink it.

I personally don't. I far prefer this: