Poll: Jiggle Physics on Man Parts

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
hazabaza1 said:
Didn't Saints Row 3 do that? I remember that you could make giant schlongs if you so desired.
They don't jiggle though. They were originally going to, but the rating's board or whatever thought it was a bit too much.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
oreso said:
It happens all the time 'I'm sick of hearing about...*insert complaint here*' and all the flak Sarkeesian has gotten just from saying her opinion.

I guess it easy for people to dismiss complaints about representation when they are the ones who are catered to 90% of the time. It's called being privileged. Also I would argue that games are different as if you do your best to cater to a particular gender you exclude the other from experiencing the gameplay. I like the gameplay in the Witcher but the way it presents women stops me from enjoying it. With books and Movies you are just missing out on the narrative. It's not the same.

When you dismiss peoples complaints you are basically saying 'It doesn't effect me so it's not my problem.'

There needs to be a better variety of games so people can afford to pick and choose without missing out.

Dark5tar1

May 2, 2013
Moonlight Butterfly said:
oreso said:
It happens all the time 'I'm sick of hearing about...*insert complaint here*' and all the flak Sarkeesian has gotten just from saying her opinion.

I guess it easy for people to dismiss complaints about representation when they are the ones who are catered to 90% of the time. It's called being privileged. Also I would argue that games are different as if you do your best to cater to a particular gender you exclude the other from experiencing the gameplay. I like the gameplay in the Witcher but the way it presents women stops me from enjoying it. With books and Movies you are just missing out on the narrative. It's not the same.

When you dismiss peoples complaints you are basically saying 'It doesn't effect me so it's not my problem.'

There needs to be a better variety of games so people can afford to pick and choose without missing out.
I agree but its hard catering to both audiences, I really don't know how to appeal to females AND males.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
Requia said:
The actual dragon's crown warrior is equivalent, in that both he and the sorceress have ludicrously exaggerated secondary sex characteristics.
I don't find anything sexy about him at all..I think you might have fell into the pit of false equivalence there.
It's not about sexy. The warrior's testosterone responsive muscles are hugely overinflated while his legs and core have no serious development. We respond very differently to the sorceress's disproportioned body, but they key distortion is the same. To claim false equivalence implies to me that testosterone is good and estrogen is bad. They're both freaks but the sorceress's body should only hamper her, any man with that body would be crippled by his own weight.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Dark5tar1 said:
oreso said:

I agree but its hard catering to both audiences, I really don't know how to appeal to females AND males.
You can make female characters sexy but not oversexualised, look at Lara Croft, Elizabeth, Lady Hawke or Commander Shepard.
It's that simple. Yet apparently it's too much to ask and people still want tits and ass everywhere.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
You can make female characters sexy but not oversexualised, look at Lara Croft, Elizabeth, Lady Hawke or Commander Shepard.
It's that simple. Yet apparently it's too much to ask and people still want tits and ass everywhere.
Elizabeth *did* have tits everywhere in the second half :p

She's a really good example the whole sexy vs sexualization thing.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I should point out that it's still not equivalent. Breasts are a secondary sex characteristic while a penis is a primary sex characteristic.

The equivalent would be to give the men full beards and lovingly animate them to the same level of Lara Croft's hair. (Facial hair and the adam's apple are a human male's secondary sex characteristic, you see.)

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Dark5tar1 said:
oreso said:

none of those characters were actually sexy though. For guys, the less to the imagination, the sexier it is. It is possible to pull off sexy while wearing something sensible, but that is VERY difficult to pull off. You have to realize that guys are different from women in terms of what they find sexy.

Elizabeth v1 was not sexy, v2 was sexy for example. I would call v1 Elizabeth "cute" rather than sexy, as I had no sexual attraction to her first version.

Just played Mass Effect 3 for the first time as default femshep, no sexual attraction as she is in heavy armor. She is good looking, mind you, but not sexy (and im crazy for redheads). In short, you are describing good looking characters from a male perspective, NOT sexy characters.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Ryotknife said:
I've seen plenty of guys call those characters sexy. Even then I don't see why looking sexy for the guys should be the priority when make a female character. It's not when making male ones.

Women can be other things apart from 'sexy' sometimes at the same time. :p

Do women have to seriously be wearing lingerie and pointing their butt at the audience to be attractive?

Dark5tar1

May 2, 2013
Dark5tar1 said:
oreso said:

That's why I think Remember Me will fail in sales but it might be a cult classic.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Ryotknife said:
I've seen plenty of guys call those characters sexy. Even then I don't see why looking sexy for the guys should be the priority when make a female character. It's not when making male ones.

Women can be other things apart from 'sexy' sometimes at the same time. :p

Do women have to seriously be wearing lingerie and pointing their butt at the audience to be attractive?
Elizabeth V2 was not in lingerie and pointing her butt out, but I would call her sexy.

Also, you are moving the goalposts here. You said you can make characters "sexy" without being "oversexualized". If you object to women wearing an outfit that is on some level titilizing then you object to sexy women. There is no male equivalent to say Matt Bomer, George Clooney, or Neil Patrick Harris in suits/tuxedos is for women.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing as Femshep (renegade!). I like the voiceactor a lot more and she is a lot more badass for some reason than maleshep (plus I don't feel as guilty for breaking that scumbag reporter's nose as Femshep). Femhawke, I can stare into those eyes for hours. However, I didn't find either one of them titilizing/sexy. Good looking, sure, but they didn't rock my dreams.

EDIT: women don't have to wear no or practically no clothes on for the general male to consider them "sexy", at the same time though you cant put them in a (regular) nun outfit and expect most men to consider them sexy as well. There is a middle ground, Elizabeth's second outfit is a good, yet mild, example. And yes, women don't have to be sexy, but that was not the original debate.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Ryotknife said:
none of those characters were actually sexy though. For guys, the less to the imagination, the sexier it is. It is possible to pull off sexy while wearing something sensible, but that is VERY difficult to pull off. You have to realize that guys are different from women in terms of what they find sexy.

Elizabeth v1 was not sexy, v2 was sexy for example. I would call v1 Elizabeth "cute" rather than sexy, as I had no sexual attraction to her first version.

Just played Mass Effect 3 for the first time as default femshep, no sexual attraction as she is in heavy armor. She is good looking, mind you, but not sexy (and im crazy for redheads). In short, you are describing good looking characters from a male perspective, NOT sexy characters.
I don't really agree. I find heavy armor to be more attractive than tiny strips of cloth (Although admittedly I prefer breast plates to actually have breast dents, despite how realistically impractical it would be to make and use). However, I do accept that as a strange outlook. But I have a thing for aggressive/dominant women, so whatever.

Also, I think there's something to be said for censorship. What's more titillating, this [http://howtoseducewomenfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/seduction36.jpg], or that same picture with her being fully nude?

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
Ryotknife said:

I don't really agree. I find heavy armor to be more attractive than tiny strips of cloth (Although admittedly I prefer breast plates to actually have breast dents, despite how realistically impractical it would be to make and use). However, I do accept that as a strange outlook. But I have a thing for aggressive/dominant women, so whatever.

Also, I think there's something to be said for censorship. What's more titillating, this [http://howtoseducewomenfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/seduction36.jpg], or that same picture with her being fully nude?
Well, im not attracted to black women so..

I am against things like platemail thongs and other extreme examples that you can find in video games (or anime), however I don't think going to the opposite extreme of putting all women in burkas for all practicality an acceptable answer.

I think Bioshock Infinite is an acceptable middle ground, although I would call it a very mild middle ground.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Ryotknife said:
Aren't you the one moving the goalposts I mean you are saying normal clothing isn't sexy but Elizabeth's dress is?

My point is that women are still sexy even if they are wearing appropriate clothing or not posed in stupid poses.

In no way am I suggesting that everyone be all covered up. Just there's a difference between posing and dressing a female character for men and the character being sexy but appropriate for the game like the latest Lara.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
okay, perhaps this was my fault.

Elizabeth v1 I meant version 1 of her dress, where she looks like Belle From Beauty and the Beast. v2 is her boxart dress, or the second dress she wears about halfway through. The second dress is much sexier than the first, which shoots a hole through your second line. If what you are saying is true, then Elizabeth would be equally sexy no matter which dress she wore.

If you stopped a random straight guy on the street and showed a picture of Elizabeth in her first outfit and one in her second outfit and asked him which he find sexier, im guessing you are going to be disappointed by the results. The basic gist is you are trying to directly translate what women find sexy and using that to say that men must find "X" to be sexy, when this can not be done on this level as the two genders are attracted to each other in different ways. Shoving what women find sexy down men's throats (....don't you dare) and expect them to find it equally sexy is not going to work.

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
mbarker said:
That's ridiculous, how would you be able to move and fight properly in a banana hamock with a huge bouncing shlong?
Well for starters, your enemies would be to mesmerised or busy looking away to bother with things like defending themselves or attacking you.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Sure go ahead, wont bother me.

I send out an open letter of hate to anyone who voted against it though (As long as you weren't making a point against jiggle physics in general)

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Cazza said:
That would be ridiculous...ly awesome. If I played such a game I probably won't stop laughing. You could also make a guy with Manboobs with jiggle physics as well.
There are already some jiggly moobs around actually, although not as strong.

And also the fat guys from Street Fighter and Tekken

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Saviordd1 said:
Sure go ahead, wont bother me.

I send out an open letter of hate to anyone who voted against it though (As long as you weren't making a point against jiggle physics in general)
So we're cool if I don't like jiggle physics in general then, ya? I don't think I can handle a letter of hatred, it would fracture my ego.

(note: not passive aggressive)