Poll: Jimquisition: like or dislike

blobby218

Aug 24, 2009
I've watched a couple of his videos now and i'll say they're not for me, and i was reading some comments the other day with mixed feelings on him, so i was wondering what everyone really though. Be honest now folks.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
He's okay, sometimes he rubs me the wrong way with how he's talking, but I try to ignore that. I will say he does bring up good points and while I may not agree with him all the time, so he does make me think why I don't.

I'll keep watching just to see what he has to say.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Well, when he first aired here I didn/t really know what to think. It wasn't the most nicest of thoughts. I looked him up on youtube though. Some of his episodes are great, and now he's here I'm quite glad. His more recent stuff is starting to echo all the qualities I saw on his Youtubr vids.

My rating good. :3

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
He's pretty funny in my opinion. I think a lot of people don't like him because they take his "I'm awesome and you're an idiot" persona too seriously, but I think it's pretty obvious though that he just puts on a fake persona for entertainment.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
I picked "ok". It´s definitely not the best feature of the Escapist, but it´s not bad either. He sometimes brings up a few good points.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Eh, it's hit and miss for me. He says some things I agree with, and then the attitude he portrays in it makes me want to punch him, but I'm just going off of the assumption that it is meant to be a part of the satire of other gamers; at least I hope.

blobby218

Aug 24, 2009
Best of the 3 said:
Well, when he first aired here I didn/t really know what to think. It wasn't the most nicest of thoughts. I looked him up on youtube though. Some of his episodes are great, and now he's here I'm quite glad. His more recent stuff is starting to echo all the qualities I saw on his Youtubr vids.

My rating good. :3
hmmmm, you do raise a valid point i did exactly what you did, i'll probably keep watching him now, thanks

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
The first few I thought were kinda lame, but after seeing the last one and hearing his opinion on the School Shooter mod, I think he's not so bad.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I don't really like it. He says completely obvious things and treats it like the words of Christ. I already know that CoD is a good game and to hate on it just cuz of its popularity is stupid, almost everyone here knows that! What Jim apparently doesn't know is that there's a hell of a lot more behind it, like evil Activision or yearly diluted releases. And he tries to make it interesting by emulating Yahtzee and completely failing at it. I don't mind the arrogance, I actually like that, I don't like the unnecessary swearing though.

I liked his playstation episode cuz it was just a gamer being a gamer, telling us about his favourite old games. That was interesting. Hearing him talking down to a bunch of trolls that we all already know enough not to even bother talking about is not.

Nothing against the guy or his work, but it's not for me. The whole thing just seems unnecessary for the Escapist since we already have Extra Credits, which is a much, much, MUCH better show.

All that said, I'll keep watching for a while, to see where it goes. I feel like I have to give it a chance, just in case.

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
Not a fan. I watched a few episodes and decided I didn't want to watch them.... and from a thread I saw a while back, in one of his reviews he made a lot of sexist jokes about a women's place being in the kitchen and several others... but when I read it it didn't seem in the sense of 'this is all a joke I don't actually think this' that Yahtzee uses occasionally, it came across (to me at least) like he actually believed some of his jokes. So I have no desire to watch or read any of the guys reviews. But to each their own I guess.

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
He occasionally raises some good points but I just find nearly everything about him grating. I don't really know exactly why, I just do.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
His first couple of shows were over the top offensive, and I didn't care for it. I refused to watch the 3rd and possibly the 4th, I haven't been counting. I saw the last one about C.O.D. and thought he had some decent points and was a lot less in your face about it. But now it is becoming clear, without over the top offensiveness he kind of sounds like your ordinary British boring tv show narrator that I would put on for a Sunday afternoon nap. Which I don't think his a point to his favor. If he was just doing reviews, that might fly, but not as a opinion piece.

Now something that might work for him is a pod-cast version of extra consideration. If he was tempered with one or two people as the discuss video game matters of the day, I think that would be a great fit for him.

KingGolem

Jun 16, 2009
Eh, it's ok. He's not the next Overthinker, but he definitely makes some good points. I think I'll keep watching.

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
i agreed with the points on the call of duty one, but thats the only time and i still manged to dislike that...
not a fan
looking forward to lisa foiles living again though!

undeserving

May 16, 2011
i think content wise he's pretty good. interesting points delivered fluently. don't really like the production that much and i find jim slightly abrasive at times.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
I don't appreciate a contributor to the website insulting potential viewers and I find the quality of his content to be lacking at best. So I vote cancellation.